St Mirren v Spartans Scottish Cup 3rd Round 29/11/16

shull

Will be heading down and buying a ticket for the main stand in order to catch some rays. Hopefully cajoling Supermac into attending otherwise I will be on me tod as my mates that sit next to me aren't able to make it (can't be arsed).

A hard game awaits but hoping for a win. We live in hope. :-)

COYS!

2 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

How do you go about getting a refund? Bought tickets (in better seats than my season tickets) but daughter has running club and I'm generally hacked off with the whole debacle!!

Info on Spartans postponement

SMFC Webteam
 Club News

Following the postponement of Saturday's game against Spartans, supporters will have until the 10th of December to claim a refund if they bought a ticket and can't make tomorrow night's rearranged match. 

For those who paid in cash you would have to come down to the ticket office to claim the refund, whilst those who paid online can phone the ticket office (0141-840-6130) or send an email to [email protected] 

The Family Stand will be closed for tomorrow night's match, along with the North Stand. Anyone with a ticket for the Family Stand will be able to use their ticket to access the other stands.

1 hour ago, shull said:

Info on Spartans postponement

SMFC Webteam
 Club News

Following the postponement of Saturday's game against Spartans, supporters will have until the 10th of December to claim a refund if they bought a ticket and can't make tomorrow night's rearranged match. 

For those who paid in cash you would have to come down to the ticket office to claim the refund, whilst those who paid online can phone the ticket office (0141-840-6130) or send an email to [email protected] 

The Family Stand will be closed for tomorrow night's match, along with the North Stand. Anyone with a ticket for the Family Stand will be able to use their ticket to access the other stands.

So does anyone know if tickets are being sold for specific seats? Do we unimportant people in Family stand have to wait till kick off to see where to sit?

From the press office to the dugout, Spartans boss Dougie Samuel ready for rematch of famous Scottish Cup St Mirren tie

By Alan Temple -

November 28, 2016

BY ALAN TEMPLE – @CCP_Sport

DOUGIE SAMUEL was moonlighting as a media officer when Spartans last clashed with St Mirren in a Scottish Cup fixture which shaped the future of the Edinburgh amateurs.

Now he wants to hit the headlines again by leading the Lowland League side to a stunning victory over crisis club St Mirren.

Today’s third round fixture is a repeat of the 2006 meeting of the teams, when Spartans – in the old East of Scotland League at the time – took Gus McPherson’s Buddies to a replay before losing out in Paisely.

ccp-advert-redrarwn2.png

scottish-cup-newSamuel was coaching the Edinburgh University team but was drafted in by Spartans at the last minute – to run their press operation.

Ten years later he is charged with masterminding a victory in the rematch front he dugout.

He recalled: “I was the head coach of Edinburgh University when Spartans last played St Mirren, but I was actually working as the media officer for Spartans during that game.

“So I can recall it very well. Craig [Graham, Spartans chairman] invited me along to do a press role and I was heavily involved behind the scenes that day.

“I can remember the game at City Park like it was yesterday – it may have been 0-0, but there was a great opportunity for Jonny Seeley right at the end to beat them.

“That game against St Mirren is rightly part of Spartans folklore. It helped to create the seed capital that helped us to move forward with this project and everything we have built at here. The ripple effect of that will be felt for generations to come.

“We have a fantastic new home at Ainslie Park, a great charitable arm and are a big part of the community. It shouldn’t be underestimated how important the St Mirren tie was in all of that.”

Spartans enjoyed an even more memorable Scottish Cup outing against St Mirren’s Renfrewshire rivals, Morton, in 2014 when they dumped Jim Duffy’s side out of the competition at the fourth round stage.

Samuel recalls the “perfect storm” that lead to the giant-killing and, despite the Buddies’ woes, he knows similar serendipity will be required to overcome the Championship side today.

He added: “We have been lucky enough to have a decent record against league teams over the last 10 years, but this will be a huge task. We are up against a team that is full-time and has some very experienced, talented players.

“When we beat Morton, that was the first time Spartans had EVER beaten an full-time team. That says a lot about the challenge that faces us.

“We would love to repeat that result against Morton, but on that day it was like a perfect storm. We played to our very best and a lot of things went our way.”

COME ON THE SAINTS 

Let's hammer the Spartans. 

Then scoosh the Dee at Dens. 

Eventually we will win the Scottish Cup next May on the 30th anniversary. 

WHEN THE SAINTS GO UP TO LIFT THE SCOTTISH CUP WE WILL ALL BE THERE. 

:clapping

Edited by shull

40 minutes ago, Hoof Hearted said:

FAQ'S

1: Is the game on tonight?

2: Are there any inspections planned today?

3: When the fùck are st mirren gonnie win a game?

Naw, aye and fecking never. 

See ye there 

We could have shouted from the rooftops. Given out 1000 freebies to local schoolkids. Reduced admission to a fiver across the board with an appeal to fans that to make it financially viable we need increased numbers... So many things we COULD have done.
We chose to shut a stand and piss off ST holders instead.

Someone's arse needs booted!

16 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

We could have shouted from the rooftops. Given out 1000 freebies to local schoolkids. Reduced admission to a fiver across the board with an appeal to fans that to make it financially viable we need increased numbers... So many things we COULD have done.
We chose to shut a stand and piss off ST holders instead.

Someone's arse needs booted!

Boo Boy 

The SUPER DOOPER FANS ON HERE WILL NOW IGNORE YOU. 

:lol:

I agree with you and only you will see my post. 

The 10 year old Super Dooper Yins have the Ignore Button firmly pressed. 

f**kEM :D

Edited by shull