Return Of Tom Hendrie - A St Mirren Legend

shull

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:44 PM, Julian Banjos said:

The sexy soccer played that season is always recalled, often forgotten is how we dug in at the tail end of the season when the pressure was on.

Winning a point at East End Park when after going down to 10 men and going behind, the late goals at Kirkcaldy, Yardley scrambling in a winner at Livi, last minute winner at Somerset, even the 3-0 v Raith to clinch the title when it was goalless at HT.... Great belief that team had.

Yup, one of the few low-spots that season was the 2-0 defeat at home to a Dunfermline side featuring Ian Ferguson and briefly dropping to second place, but the reaction to that was superb. The bubble didnae burst! :magic

As I've said elsewhere my favourite season! :happyclapper

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:18 PM, rebella15 said:

Did Norrie McWhirter  not start the season on 1999-2000

AFAIR injuries finally caught up with him that season, he didn't play for the first team and he eventually announced his retirement.

Great player and the mainman who saved us from the third tier during the dark days of the mid-90's. Would undoubtedly have been poached by a bigger club but for the injuries. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

12 minutes ago, shull said:

Great gesture by Stuart and well done SMISA for the U Turn. 

Yeah I'm impressed with SMiSA this time.  

I know it's just one ticket but hopefully it'll raise some money even if its just a few quid. It'll maybe allow a Premium member the opportunity of taking a friend along with them, or give someone who doesn't have a SMiSA membership the opportunity to attend. I chose Erskine Hospital because it's local to the club and we're moving into that period of the year where we remember our veterans. I always said I wasn't interested in the benefits that being a Premium Member gives and that I would prefer to be able to use them to raise money for local charities. I'm pleased SMiSA are being flexible enough to let me do that. 

Yeah I'm impressed with SMiSA this time.  

I know it's just one ticket but hopefully it'll raise some money even if its just a few quid. It'll maybe allow a Premium member the opportunity of taking a friend along with them, or give someone who doesn't have a SMiSA membership the opportunity to attend. I chose Erskine Hospital because it's local to the club and we're moving into that period of the year where we remember our veterans. I always said I wasn't interested in the benefits that being a Premium Member gives and that I would prefer to be able to use them to raise money for local charities. I'm pleased SMiSA are being flexible enough to let me do that. 

Well played Stuart.
Total respect for that.

Respect also to SMISA for flexibility.

55 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Im glad to say SMiSA have hiven me permission now to auction off my single ticket for this event to members and non members with the proceeds going to Erskine Hospital.

:thumbs2

33 minutes ago, antrin said:

It's all, about...

you, you, you

Yet another version of your wanky pish, I'm afraid.

Oh dear oh dear, what an embarrassing post.  :booty

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Well played Stuart.
Total respect for that.

Respect also to SMISA for flexibility.

Well said Betty. :thumbs2