Old board

ged62

I must say a big thanks to the old board the mess they have left this club in. Before I get the usual pish post oh they saved the club ect, did they really? We are a sinking ship & it's all down to their penny pinching & bad appointments over the last couple of years. Got my ST as usual but it'll be my last. Good luck to the new regime & JR you need it coz the rot had settled on before you took over.

There is no doubt the old BOD were tired and wanted out and this most certainly reflected in the way the club was run from 2013 when we won a major trophy to being on the brink of being in the third tier for the first time in our history.This all started with the hopeless appointment of Craig which SG has at last acknowledged.The downward spiral continued to where we are now.What an utter shambles.

Nope.
But I really can't be arsed picking through all the inaccuracies in your original post.

Bollocks, you tell me differently then. The club has been a shambles since DL left their poor decisions on managerial appointments. Not that DL was the answer.
You have your opinion I have mine & I don't give a feck about yours.

10 minutes ago, ged62 said:

I must say a big thanks to the old board the mess they have left this club in. Before I get the usual pish post oh they saved the club ect, did they really? We are a sinking ship & it's all down to their penny pinching & bad appointments over the last couple of years. Got my ST as usual but it'll be my last. Good luck to the new regime & JR you need it coz the rot had settled on before you took over.

100% correct. I said at the time when we won the LC in 2013 that the victory would work against us. The BOD at that time couldn't believe their luck , a cheaply put together team and a low-cost manager and we won a national trophy. They got away with murder and simply withdrew the finances required to survive after that , whilst the blind core of the support continued to wallow in the LC win. Fiddling while Rome burned  , so to speak !

9 minutes ago, ged62 said:

So you blame the old board but bought a ST during their tenure but now we have a new board, you intend to not purchase a ST and you say the problems inflicted on the club by the old board were caused by penny pinching. That's a totally skewed logic if ever I heard one.

The old board made huge mistakes in managerial appointments that's what has starved the playing side of investment. There was no real penny pinching, we just have elected to use the money we had to pay off the disastrous managerial mistakes. For that the board are totally guilty. It remains to be seen if the new board are able to learn from those costly errors but so far it looks unlikely.

6 minutes ago, ged62 said:

I've been supporting the club for 40 years ya tube

You may have been watching them for 40 years, but clearly not supporting them for 40 years.

The old board are responsible for ensuring the existence of the club you claim to have been "supporting". Through thick and thin it has been a tough few years following St Mirren but without the old board this club would not even exist right now. Yes, that board ran out of steam and things have gone tits-up in recent years but without their commitment during the Reg Brearley takeover and for many years thereafter Paisley folk wouldn't have a local club at all.

But thanks for your support for 40 years.

You may have been watching them for 40 years, but clearly not supporting them for 40 years.

The old board are responsible for ensuring the existence of the club you claim to have been "supporting". Through thick and thin it has been a tough few years following St Mirren but without the old board this club would not even exist right now. Yes, that board ran out of steam and things have gone tits-up in recent years but without their commitment during the Reg Brearley takeover and for many years thereafter Paisley folk wouldn't have a local club at all.

But thanks for your support for 40 years.

Feckin mystic meg there!

The. Way they have been playing these last three years would they be missed if they were not here anymore it would be like a death in your family you moarn for a while but you get on with your life it would be the same for St Mirren you would get over it and find something better to do with your Saturdays .

A football team is for life. Not just for cup wins.

Bringing up my son I could easily have said "support Celtic son, they win most of the time, they have a big stadium and it's only up the road"

I didn't.

I chose to bring him up to support his local team. Through good times AND bad.

This ain't an easy gig. It hasn't neen enjoyable for the last three years. It's very, very tough. And yet we will be back. The good times will be back eventually, and these dark times will be what makes them even sweeter.

I see a lot of posters wheeling out "Keep The Faith" and yet there are some who still don't seem to know what that means.

Call me a happy clapper, deluded, stupid, easy pleased, whatever you like. Couldn't care less.

St.Mirren 'till I die. Through thick and (probably mostly) thin.

22 minutes ago, div said:

A football team is for life. Not just for cup wins.

Bringing up my son I could easily have said "support Celtic son, they win most of the time, they have a big stadium and it's only up the road"

I didn't.

I chose to bring him up to support his local team. Through good times AND bad.

This ain't an easy gig. It hasn't neen enjoyable for the last three years. It's very, very tough. And yet we will be back. The good times will be back eventually, and these dark times will be what makes them even sweeter.

I see a lot of posters wheeling out "Keep The Faith" and yet there are some who still don't seem to know what that means.

Call me a happy clapper, deluded, stupid, easy pleased, whatever you like. Couldn't care less.

St.Mirren 'till I die. Through thick and (probably mostly) thin.

I haven't seen many "never going back" or "cancelling the direct debit" type posts though Div. In the main people just seem to be having a go at how pish we are.

The fact we took over 1,000 to greenock the other night despite being currently the worst team in the country maybe backs that up? I've been telling everyone who'll listen that the performance the other night was the most disgraceful I've ever seen, but I was still proud to see how many buddies turned up.

I understand that getting on the players back doesn't help, and I'm pretty supportive during the 90 minutes, but it's hard to argue with fans slating the players after a performance like that.

Nevertheless, I was there on Tuesday and I'll be back again on Saturday along with the rest. I do agree that its the dark days that make the great ones all the sweeter.

P.S. I like grumpy shull. He makes me laugh.

4 minutes ago, div said:

I've written an opinion piece on the current predicament.

I know I'll get abuse for it, I'm a happy clapper prick etc....

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/news-archives/opinions/2225-keeping-the-faith

Just read and and totally agree. 

COSMFC 

I haven't seen many "never going back" or "cancelling the direct debit" type posts though Div. In the main people just seem to be having a go at how pish we are.

The fact we took over 1,000 to greenock the other night despite being currently the worst team in the country maybe backs that up? I've been telling everyone who'll listen that the performance the other night was the most disgraceful I've ever seen, but I was still proud to see how many buddies turned up.

I understand that getting on the players back doesn't help, and I'm pretty supportive during the 90 minutes, but it's hard to argue with fans slating the players after a performance like that.

Nevertheless, I was there on Tuesday and I'll be back again on Saturday along with the rest. I do agree that its the dark days that make the great ones all the sweeter.

P.S. I like grumpy shull. He makes me laugh.

I wasn't proud of the support. Most of the ficking eejits haven't worked out how to use a bench. [emoji35]