Old board

ged62

On 11/1/2016 at 9:39 PM, ged62 said:

I must say a big thanks to the old board the mess they have left this club in. Before I get the usual pish post oh they saved the club ect, did they really? We are a sinking ship & it's all down to their penny pinching & bad appointments over the last couple of years. Got my ST as usual but it'll be my last. Good luck to the new regime & JR you need it coz the rot had settled on before you took over.

Aye, they did.

Anything else you need assistance with?

A football team is for life. Not just for cup wins.

Bringing up my son I could easily have said "support Celtic son, they win most of the time, they have a big stadium and it's only up the road"

I didn't.

I chose to bring him up to support his local team. Through good times AND bad.

This ain't an easy gig. It hasn't neen enjoyable for the last three years. It's very, very tough. And yet we will be back. The good times will be back eventually, and these dark times will be what makes them even sweeter.

I see a lot of posters wheeling out "Keep The Faith" and yet there are some who still don't seem to know what that means.

Call me a happy clapper, deluded, stupid, easy pleased, whatever you like. Couldn't care less.

St.Mirren 'till I die. Through thick and (probably mostly) thin.

I never said once I would stop supporting the team it's the usual guys on here with black & white tinted glasses who don't really want to admit the shambles the old board have left this club in. It's down to their decision making we are at the bottom of the championship.
My family are not St Mirren supporters as in brothers, sisters father ect. I chose to follow my local team like you. My kids are adults now they all support the buddies. I took them to the games when they were kids & they chose to continue to follow the team. So for someone to call me fickle. [emoji6]

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I wasn't proud of the support. Most of the ficking eejits haven't worked out how to use a bench. emoji35.png

Are you seriously telling us you expect people to sit on cold,wet planks of wood for 90 mins?

Guaranteed dose of the Farmer Giles there.:o

2 hours ago, div said:

I've written an opinion piece on the current predicament.

I know I'll get abuse for it, I'm a happy clapper prick etc....

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/news-archives/opinions/2225-keeping-the-faith

Div, its a good post. more a glass half full, 201 days and counting.....

Hard part for some of us, its not the injuries, or even the poor play its the gutless surrendering of games.

But your right. I have blamed the old BOD, but I still support, I still care. I cant support another team ever, its like that one in Ripping Yarns with Michael Palin when his team were 4 old men and a coach who wore no shorts..... but he lived off memories...

Its the joy and its the frustration....................

I remember 1979, we were winning lots of games, challenging at the top. winning the Anglo Scottish,  a team with potential internationalists, Fergies Babes becoming men. 6-15,000 home gates. A North Bank that was deafening and an expectation of 100% effort and getting it.

Ok, I will hold on to that thought, go Saturday and do what I chose to do Support my team

17 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Div, its a good post. more a glass half full, 201 days and counting.....

Hard part for some of us, its not the injuries, or even the poor play its the gutless surrendering of games.

But your right. I have blamed the old BOD, but I still support, I still care. I cant support another team ever, its like that one in Ripping Yarns with Michael Palin when his team were 4 old men and a coach who wore no shorts..... but he lived off memories...

Its the joy and its the frustration....................

I remember 1979, we were winning lots of games, challenging at the top. winning the Anglo Scottish,  a team with potential internationalists, Fergies Babes becoming men. 6-15,000 home gates. A North Bank that was deafening and an expectation of 100% effort and getting it.

Ok, I will hold on to that thought, go Saturday and do what I chose to do Support my team

And on that note: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14841137.Graeme_Macpherson__The_Cubs__Hibs_and_the_victory_of_hope_over_expectation/

Are you seriously telling us you expect people to sit on cold,wet planks of wood for 90 mins?

Guaranteed dose of the Farmer Giles there.[emoji33]

That is how benches work and my son and I did sit for the 90 minutes. Ill check with him later and report back, but Ive survived. Howver if it was safety that was the concern the standing on the concrete was perfectly acceptable. What wasnt was standing on the same slippy, wet wooden benches restricting the view for everyone else around them.

No doubt though Div will be on soon to tell us all how standing on benches improves the atmosphere

3 hours ago, ged62 said:

I never said once I would stop supporting the team it's the usual guys on here with black & white tinted glasses who don't really want to admit the shambles the old board have left this club in. It's down to their decision making we are at the bottom of the championship.
My family are not St Mirren supporters as in brothers, sisters father ect. I chose to follow my local team like you. My kids are adults now they all support the buddies. I took them to the games when they were kids & they chose to continue to follow the team. So for someone to call me fickle. emoji6.png

It's also down to their decision making that we are sat in a new stadium, with a dedicated training ground, and no bank debt.

Either way that has been done to death. I see very little point in looking back the way, it serves zero purpose to the here and now.

We are all in this together. None of us can put the ball in the net or stop the team conceding cheap goals, but we can make a small difference by going along and supporting the team and encouraging them.

Everyone has a choice to make of course. Hand on heart I couldn't ever criticise anyone for staying away right now. I pick and choose away games myself these days.

The last 3 years has been absolutely brutal and it's taken it's toll on everyone but here we are with a new board, and a new management team. Hopefully we'll hit the bottom of the curve soon and start going the other way.

KTF and COYS!