Old board

ged62

Just now, St.Ricky said:

The past is the past is the past.

The Future belongs to us.

Don't let the past hold us back.

Only asking - not telling.

It is in our hands now but yes - lets keep the New Board Accountable.

Everyone needs to learn the lessons of the past Ricky. Not just at St Mirren. History has an awful habit of repeating itself over and over again and if we don't take the lessons from it we're the fools. Gilmour and Co made many, many mistakes. Many of them will take a fair bit of time for the new board to unpick especially since some of those mistakes are still a cost on the balance sheet. We shouldn't be misappropriating blame. 

What worries me is that the new board don't seem to be making much progress in fixing the ills. And I'm not talking about the on field stuff. They promised to be more community focused yet the first decision the new board took was to move the printing and production of the match programme away from a local firm to a generic company operating in Nottingham. A pledge to give St Mirren supporters beating the Chairman in a 10k race appears to have been broken. A promise from Tony Fitzpatrick to put on an event for fans that were moved to accommodate Rangers fans last season appears to have been sidelined. Customer Service issues within the club appear to still be being ignored. And the faltering efforts at communication - never mind Gordon Scotts updates - just simple communication from the club responding to telephone calls or e-mails still continue to exist. That kind of low hanging fruit should have been addressed by now and its sad that improving the customer experience at the club doesn't seem to feature high on the agenda. 

I like your posts on other threads about the need for the fans to rally round the club, but seriously Ricky, the first priority surely has to be for the board to make the fans feel valued. No wonder a growing number - many of whom suffered the Hay, Bone, Fitzpatrick and Coughlin years - feel more disenfranchised than ever before. I hope someone at the club will wake up to the problems and finally start addressing them.  

You see why this thread has gone in this particular direction is simple to dissect, as are countless others.

someone within their rights, airs their current discontent with the lot of a saints fan. Then the unabashed 'OneUpManShip' brigade charge in insisting they are the real super fans,and anyone who airs their discontent isnt as true a saints fan as they are... then they have to issue a series of mealy mouthed retractions, recognising that, it is indeed within your rights to air your discontent.

ffs boys, enough with the oneupmanship, its like and old firm forum in here sometimes.

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Everyone needs to learn the lessons of the past Ricky. Not just at St Mirren. History has an awful habit of repeating itself over and over again and if we don't take the lessons from it we're the fools. Gilmour and Co made many, many mistakes. Many of them will take a fair bit of time for the new board to unpick especially since some of those mistakes are still a cost on the balance sheet. We shouldn't be misappropriating blame. 

What worries me is that the new board don't seem to be making much progress in fixing the ills. And I'm not talking about the on field stuff. They promised to be more community focused yet the first decision the new board took was to move the printing and production of the match programme away from a local firm to a generic company operating in Nottingham. A pledge to give St Mirren supporters beating the Chairman in a 10k race appears to have been broken. A promise from Tony Fitzpatrick to put on an event for fans that were moved to accommodate Rangers fans last season appears to have been sidelined. Customer Service issues within the club appear to still be being ignored. And the faltering efforts at communication - never mind Gordon Scotts updates - just simple communication from the club responding to telephone calls or e-mails still continue to exist. That kind of low hanging fruit should have been addressed by now and its sad that improving the customer experience at the club doesn't seem to feature high on the agenda. 

I like your posts on other threads about the need for the fans to rally round the club, but seriously Ricky, the first priority surely has to be for the board to make the fans feel valued. No wonder a growing number - many of whom suffered the Hay, Bone, Fitzpatrick and Coughlin years - feel more disenfranchised than ever before. I hope someone at the club will wake up to the problems and finally start addressing them.  

Stuart

I strongly share the view that there is a need for people to feel and to be involved and so feel valued.

I agree that this is a lesson we must not forget and ensure that in future we do hold boards of directors to account.

If - and some may feel that this is the case - the New Board have not got the message - then lets hold them to account.

I am very glad that we have a facility like this forum to express our various opinions.

A plan of action should be forthcoming into which we can all buy - even if our idea of priorities might differ.

I await this - not particularly patiently - but with an expectation that this will be forthcoming before the end of 2016.

14 hours ago, div said:

This is why I doff my cap to anyone silly enough to want to sit on the board at the club.

You get zero credit for anything that goes well, that's always down to the players and the manager, and you get absolute dogs abuse and all the blame if it goes wrong.

Good luck to anyone mad enough to get involved in that carry on!!

Spot on. It's frankly embarrassing the way some people abuse the club. They have made and will continue to make mistakes, but they don't make them on purpose, and the reason people are on the board is primarily because they have put their money in to help the club. For this, they get dogs abuse from every nobody around, even the ones who think they're somebody. It's a thankless task.

We all want the same thing - for the club to be successful. Support, both financial and otherwise, is what we as fans can give. Constructive criticism is also helpful. Constant moaning and whingeing helps nobody.

Spot on. It's frankly embarrassing the way some people abuse the club. They have made and will continue to make mistakes, but they don't make them on purpose, and the reason people are on the board is primarily because they have put their money in to help the club. For this, they get dogs abuse from every nobody around, even the ones who think they're somebody. It's a thankless task.

We all want the same thing - for the club to be successful. Support, both financial and otherwise, is what we as fans can give. Constructive criticism is also helpful. Constant moaning and whingeing helps nobody.

Nobody criticising the new board it was the old board plus it was mistake after mistake with appointments so they didn't learn.
Hopefully the new regime get it right but only time will tell.

totally agree,other clubs build on a cup win,we dismantled our team,constantly cutting cloth till cutting fingers,any player on decent wage getting hounded out or not getting game so they either didn't pass played so many games which triggered another contract,or always looking at cheaper option,you sow what you reep,and Gilmour and the other rats jumped from a sinking ship,perfect timing,and shambolic manager appointments that cost a fortune,yes they done great,wasn't for Tesco deal we would be finished,Tesco saved there arses

Better watch before you get called Mr fickle [emoji6]

You see why this thread has gone in this particular direction is simple to dissect, as are countless others.

someone within their rights, airs their current discontent with the lot of a saints fan. Then the unabashed 'OneUpManShip' brigade charge in insisting they are the real super fans,and anyone who airs their discontent isnt as true a saints fan as they are... then they have to issue a series of mealy mouthed retractions, recognising that, it is indeed within your rights to air your discontent.

ffs boys, enough with the oneupmanship, its like and old firm forum in here sometimes.

Watch what you're saying [emoji23][emoji23]
Great post [emoji106]

Learning lessons is one thing.

Wallowing and not moving on because all we want to do is point the finger of blame is another.

We need to remember the lessons and move on.....successfully. COYS. Ktf.

24 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Learning lessons is one thing.

Wallowing and not moving on because all we want to do is point the finger of blame is another.

We need to remember the lessons and move on.....successfully. COYS. Ktf.

So are the new board learning lessons and moving on? Has communication improved? Customer Service? Has the match day experience improved? Are customers getting a better deal? Is the club going to honour the promises to sections of the support made by the CEO and the Chairman? Are the customer base more happy than they were before? Has the {A system been fixed yet? 

So are the new board learning lessons and moving on? Has communication improved? Customer Service? Has the match day experience improved? Are customers getting a better deal? Is the club going to honour the promises to sections of the support made by the CEO and the Chairman? Are the customer base more happy than they were before? Has the {A system been fixed yet? 

I'm not sure yet.yes.no.no.no idea. Doubt it. Who cares?

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Are you still a knob?

Gilmour and Co have been virtually untouchable amongst a particular group of St Mirren fans. When Gilmour fudged the sacking of the legend that was Tom Hendrie fans backed him. When he replaced Hendrie with the car crash that was John Coughlin the fans backed him. When Gilmour claimed that Mark Crilly was a player of such standing fans would be amazed at a club like St Mirren being able to land him Gilmour was backed. Even when Gilmour told St Mirren fans that St Mirren needed "Rangers" to be in either the top tier or second tier to prevent St Mirren going into administration Gilmour got a free ticket. Even when Gilmour showed a real lack of class and attacked the likes of Turnbull Hutton and other Chairmen from the lower leagues he got a free ticket. Some fans even tried to protect Gilmour and started to re-write history to make out that it was Gilmour and St Mirren who took a strong stance against "Rangers" as they went bust. 

Slashing players bonuses mid season, destroying the clubs excellent scouting and youth production line, public falls outs with managers, woeful managerial appointments, relegation, early cup embarrassments by the likes of Edinburgh Spartans, even f**king up the team lines and breaking the SFA rules in that season, not to mention the ridiculous "breaking into" the Spartans ground to measure the pitch brought minimal criticism on Stewart Gilmour and the former board of directors. Never before has a group of supporters so resolutely backed their Chairman and his board. And in the end the same group of supporters handed these charlatans over £1m as a thank you, a valuation of shares in a worthless business that hadn't turned an operating profit in more than two of their 18 years tenure at the club. 

I always suspected Div was a puppet from the old board. This latest comment just proves it. :rolleyes: 

What a bitter wee man. Aye it's so easy to turn a club like St Mirren into a wonderland of profit. Still we all make mistakes in all parts of our life. You must be one lucky man not too Stuart.

What a bitter wee man. Aye it's so easy to turn a club like St Mirren into a wonderland of profit. Still we all make mistakes in all parts of our life. You must be one lucky man not too Stuart.

As I said, far from it being the thankless task Div claims it to be, for a section of the St Mirren support the last board have to be protected and adored in an almost religious manner no matter how badly they f**ked up. Thanks for proving my point for me. Tell me, have you afforded the club managers the same wide leeway when they've made mistakes?

As I said, far from it being the thankless task Div claims it to be, for a section of the St Mirren support the last board have to be protected and adored in an almost religious manner no matter how badly they f**ked up. Thanks for proving my point for me. Tell me, have you afforded the club managers the same wide leeway when they've made mistakes?

Would say we are all our own people Stuart with opinions. I'm another who will not be critical of the old board simply because they did more good than bad. Div is a very positive guy seeing the best in everyone not the dark side we all have. Anyway it's too the future we look with fingers crossed

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Would say we are all our own people Stuart with opinions. I'm another who will not be critical of the old board simply because they did more good than bad. Div is a very positive guy seeing the best in everyone not the dark side we all have. Anyway it's too the future we look with fingers crossed

He bloody ignores me  :lol:

53 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I wouldn't say Div was positive, rather that he's populist and that in being populist he's often not objective or honest. That's for another day or time though. Can we just agree IoBS that with at least a faction of the support the last board got a far easier ride than possibly any other football board in the UK, and certainly a far easier ride than any manager or player at the club? Every time their patently obvious mistakes, many of them hugely damaging to the club both in terms of performance and reputation, were listed there was always someone ready to come along to tell us all that 19 years ago Gilmour once saved the club.