Old board

ged62

I wouldn't say Div was positive, rather that he's populist and that in being populist he's often not objective or honest. That's for another day or time though. Can we just agree IoBS that with at least a faction of the support the last board got a far easier ride than possibly any other football board in the UK, and certainly a far easier ride than any manager or player at the club? Every time their patently obvious mistakes, many of them hugely damaging to the club both in terms of performance and reputation, were listed there was always someone ready to come along to tell us all that 19 years ago Gilmour once saved the club. 

Stuart on a vessel I worked on there was a choice of 5 hot meals on top of that was your choice of omelette, steak cooked the way you like it. Cold buffet with 15 different salads with a choice of cold cuts. Fresh bread baked for every meal', fresh made cakes and sweets. A cheese board with many different kinds. A large selection of fresh fruit. Ice cream, hot and cold drinks. Now here is the point - that majority of crew loved the meals. A few and the same few you could not please. See what I mean

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I wouldn't say Div was positive, rather that he's populist and that in being populist he's often not objective or honest. That's for another day or time though. Can we just agree IoBS that with at least a faction of the support the last board got a far easier ride than possibly any other football board in the UK, and certainly a far easier ride than any manager or player at the club? Every time their patently obvious mistakes, many of them hugely damaging to the club both in terms of performance and reputation, were listed there was always someone ready to come along to tell us all that 19 years ago Gilmour once saved the club. 

Remember the lessons - Focus on the Furture.

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Stuart on a vessel I worked on there was a choice of 5 hot meals on top of that was your choice of omelette, steak cooked the way you like it. Cold buffet with 15 different salads with a choice of cold cuts. Fresh bread baked for every meal', fresh made cakes and sweets. A cheese board with many different kinds. A large selection of fresh fruit. Ice cream, hot and cold drinks. Now here is the point - that majority of crew loved the meals. A few and the same few you could not please. See what I mean

He sees what you mean but will never ever admit it.

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Remember the lessons - Focus on the Furture.

Choice in itself can be confusing.

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Of course. You can't please all of the people all of the time. However to be comparable to the St Mirren story of the last 19 years you'd have had to have served up 5 or 6 days of brilliant feasts, acclaimed by all, a great deal of bran flakes, and for the rest of the time plates full of listeria and salmonella. 

9 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Dunno where you learned your lesson Ricky, but mine as I grew up was to look to the future, learning from the mistakes of the past. 

We are saying exactly the same thing Stuart.

Remember the lessons of the past - Focus on the Future.