Gordon Scott

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So what is going to happen ? Major clear out in January is needed big question is money will be needed to keep us in the Championship. I'm willing to put a few extra pounds in to help Jack Ross are you the supporters, more importantly are you ME SCOTT ?

I am most certainly not giving this Club any extra money.

My Season Ticket is already valid till the end of the Season

Why is money needed Ian? I was there tonight. I reckon I could find 15 players from the amateur leagues - all under 19 years old - who could have outplayed that St Mirren side tonight. Many of them I know have dealt with Jai Quitongo's ability in a far more convincing manner than Jack Baird and Ben Gordon. It's truly frightening how all of the failures at the club have culminated together to reach this critical mass where the club really look doomed to the third tier for the fist time in history. The lack of a decent scouting network, a youth development programme that has produced nothing but pampered little dickheads who think "pretty football" is passing the ball around at the back for a few minutes before lumping it forward to give the opposition the ball back, there's no fight, no desire, no belief, no courage and certainly no ambition in evidence around the club. And when anyone wants to highlight the glaringly obvious they are immediately turned on by some of the most deluded club supporters in Scottish Football currently (seriously "the team looks good on paper" - what a load of shite) 

On the plus side one thing we did learn tonight was that Div talks a load of pish. Only a few weeks ago he claimed the atmosphere is amazing when fans are allowed to stand. Here tonight we saw all the evidence needed to completely dispel that myth forever. Plenty of Saints fans, not just stood, but f**king standing on benches and yet the whole Wee Dublin End was silent from the 20 minutes before kick off when I took my spot in the ground, to the 75th minute when I decided I'd seen enough. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

We had some spare money but chose to invest it on a disabled access area. That is highly laudable....but they'll be watching planes in 2 years time. Keep the money on the pitch. I heard we are toying with the idea of a coffee shop. I've heard (cough) that jazz cigarette material is easily available in Feegie, but there's no need to go all Amsterdam on us. More idiocy. The whole place has gone mental. 

Mr Scott has got what he wanted, control of the club. Be careful what you wish for is an old adage.  

He now faces a major test. I would imagine that Jack Ross obtained some assurances when he took the job.

Others have said that the loan signings should be returned. OK. .if we can get better replacements.

An unavailable Rocco Quinn also poses a problem. Webster 's legs have gone. Naismith is a shadow of what he was.

Early Christmas shopping might be in order. 

7 hours ago, Big Fras said:

We had some spare money but chose to invest it on a disabled access area. That is highly laudable....but they'll be watching planes in 2 years time. Keep the money on the pitch. I heard we are toying with the idea of a coffee shop. I've heard (cough) that jazz cigarette material is easily available in Feegie, but there's no need to go all Amsterdam on us. More idiocy. The whole place has gone mental. 

Welcome back ,big stuff . .

7 hours ago, Big Fras said:

Crisis brings out the worst in people, I don't think the club "chose" to invest in a disabled access area ,its the law

Why shouldn't people less fortunate folks than yourself have a nice dry seat with a decent view

Gordon had a pile of shite dropped on his lap.

He did the correct thing in removing Rae from his job. Moving on 8-10 players who are under contract is impossible, however.

Lots of good things happening off the park. Just got to hope Jack can do a salvage job, ditch most of the squad and take us forward with his own players. 

19 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

. Just got to hope Jack can do a salvage job, ditch most of the squad and take us forward with his own players. 

I hope so but his first decision bringing back Gordon from Alloa and handing him a jersey doesn't fill me with much hope.

Sometimes you need to step back in order to move forward. Don't want to see us relegated but after last nights 1st half performance (2nd slightly better) it doesn't look good. Players looking scared on the ball so they just kick it forward and hope for the best. No one wanting to lead on the park, trying the difficult stuff rather than keeping it simple. Seen SG standing in front of me at half-time and was tempted to give him some stick for the players  on the park.

Jack Ross for me needs a new goalkeeper, someone who will command his 6 yard area, a centre half who will stand up to the striker, a midfielder who isn't scared of a tackle. F@ck it he needs a whole new team.

This teams is almost on a par with Davie Hays relegation team

6 minutes ago, davidg said:

I hope so but his first decision bringing back Gordon from Alloa and handing him a jersey doesn't fill me with much hope.

In terms of personnel, it was pretty much the only decision available to him aside from promoting kids and dropping squad regulars.

With perma-crocks Webster & McKenzie out injured Ross had no choice but bring back Gordon as he only had Baird available. I wasn't impressed with Gordon last night but he like all the others was signed by Rae. Rae has left Ross with a pile of shit and unbelievably some are on 2 year contracts.

4 minutes ago, davidg said:

Both could have been better options?

Aye, could have been. 'Could' being the operative word.

Rae was roundly slaughtered for letting Gordon go out on loan and persisting with Webster. If Ross had left Gordon at Alloa, played a youngster at centre half, and it hadn't worked out, how would that have been received?

9 minutes ago, Drew said:

Rae was roundly slaughtered for letting Gordon go out on loan and persisting with Webster. If Ross had left Gordon at Alloa, played a youngster at centre half, and it hadn't worked out, how would that have been received?

I think Rae was slaughtered as he had signed the player, he was apparently fit and couldn't get near the bench the he was shipped out on loan. I don't think he was slaughtered for sending him on loan, just the fact that he signed someone who's obviously not good enough.

You're right though, Ross is in a no win situation but if he thinks Gordon is good enough then that's a worry. That's all I was getting at in my original post.

Edited by davidg

12 minutes ago, davidg said:

I think Rae was slaughtered as he had signed the player, he was apparently fit and couldn't get near the bench the he was shipped out on loan. I don't think he was slaughtered for sending him on loan, just the fact that he signed someone who's obviously not good enough.

You're right though, Ross is in a no win situation but if he thinks Gordon is good enough then that's a worry. That's all I was getting at in my original post.

McKenzie is injured, is he not? That will have influenced Ross' decision to include Gordon. The only other options were Webster (if fit) or a young lad beside Baird. I don't think either option would have been ideal.

It's a shite state of affairs all round. I wasn't at the game, but the biggest concern for me is hearing about the lack of spirit, urgency, and commitment on display. That is indefensible.

Edited by Drew
Typo

In age old fashion, pretty much like now only about 2 weeks later after the youngster had been slaughtered. That said, it was still a ludicrous decision to loan out a fit defender although I believe we were looking to bring in Murdoch.

Rae's decision making process over the close season was baffling, adding two more slow defenders for example. At least he didn't sign Cribari and Faure.

The worrying thing for me is that the coaching doesnt appear to have changed. The first goal last night came from poor marking at a set piece. The second saw Mallan overplay the ball yet again and as he turned back like he always does he had his pocket picked, the Naismith dived in and sold himself.

Youve got Naismith showing forwards inside when there is no cover, and Mallans set peices are just hopeful floated balls that are easy picked off by the opposition. And the pass back to Langfield from anywhere on the park is utterly predictable. And dont get me started on the lack of fitness put there.

Its all basics that should have neen worked on by now yet it hasnt been fixed. Itd be really interesting to know if players are still back home for 2pm on training days cause they absolutely shouldn't be.