Gordon Scott

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

FFS Don't let Faraway hear you say that, apparently we are stupid if we think our Chairman should say anything!!

Mind u Faraway is his brain from his mouth so see where he thinks he is coming from

Ok, here's how it'd go..............

"Hello, I'm Gordon, we're playing shite but just to let you know, I'm on it"......................:lol:

You really are a tad on the stupid side of daft. :1eye

PS Try writing in English please. :byebye

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

"Hello, I'm Gordon, we're playing shite but just to let you know, I'm on it"......................:lol:

You really are a tad on the stupid side of daft. :1eye

PS Try writing in English please. :byebye

Well as u insult everyone its trying to decipher your period pain talk and make sense

No think you will find that plenty of Chairman who are "fans" speak with their eh income..... of course you may find that stupid but then you live in a dictatorship 

Yes I am daft- I support Saints, if I had any sense it would be River Plate or Real ...........:huh:

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Well as u insult everyone its trying to decipher your period pain talk and make sense

No think you will find that plenty of Chairman who are "fans" speak with their eh income..... of course you may find that stupid but then you live in a dictatorship 

Yes I am daft- I support Saints, if I had any sense it would be River Plate or Real ...........:huh:

Bernard Manning is alive and kicking. :lol:

Try reading your post before you hit the reply button.................then again, don't, you do make me laugh. :lol

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

What he said. The main difference between the teams last night was confidence, Morton had it and we had none. There are some players in that team who are not good enough, but most, especially the younger ones, are ok players who are bereft of confidence. Time to get behind them, having a go isn't going to make them play better.

Supporting them solidly since start of the Season has done nothing for the shite players. 

Shankland has got fatter and the rest are pish at their trade and deserve the sack. 

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Certainly Hardie should return to his club. Walsh shows glimpses, and we know that Shankland has goals in him (though his physical condition is not acceptable at this level).

I'd sacrifice them all for more strength and grit in midfield, though. That would leave us light up top, however, and Sutton needs a mobile player around him. Maybe pushing Mallan up would be the answer.

You're right, though. The key is strengthening the midfield.

Very close to my own thinking Drew,

I still think that a fit Rocco Quinn would make a big difference to those around him in midfield but without him we are lightweight.

Walsh is capable of putting in good crossballs to feed John Sutton, I agree on both Hardie and Shankland. Mallan might do the job.

The defence and goalkeeper are often faced with opposition players breaking from the middle who are not being tracked back by midfielders,

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Day after feeling a wee bit better. Things are bad the loan players should go back in January to make some space for a couple of midfield players at the very least.

The loan players have scored 60% of our league goals this season. Walsh has 3 goals and 1 assist in 4 starts for the club. If we can get better than that to replace him I'd be surprised.

I think we should probably let Harding or Shankland go back to their parent team, but only because we're overloaded with strikers and need to try to get another midfielder in. Letting both go would then leave us a bit short up front, with only Clarkson and Sutton in the squad as senior strikers.

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Very close to my own thinking Drew,

I still think that a fit Rocco Quinn would make a big difference to those around him in midfield but without him we are lightweight.

Walsh is capable of putting in good crossballs to feed John Sutton, I agree on both Hardie and Shankland. Mallan might do the job.

The defence and goalkeeper are often faced with opposition players breaking from the middle who are not being tracked back by midfielders,

See all the logic and belief on this forum at times

Why does it not happen in matches with players.

I am capable of a birdie at golf but not 18 in a row. What we are seeing is a total farce

Last night, eh pride.... a record going back to 1999 gone without even a booking. 4 shots on target after 25 mins by Ton, none by us.... Ton had 70% possession in first half...

Goodwin would have been sent off last night, probably punching Clarkson. What is JR seeing we cant. AR never rated him, even with some goal against Livi....

What are they working on in training. Set pieces , defending, passing............... 

What they need to work on is mindset, toughing up, keeping to a formation and following instruction.......

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The worrying thing for me is that the coaching doesnt appear to have changed. The first goal last night came from poor marking at a set piece. The second saw Mallan overplay the ball yet again and as he turned back like he always does he had his pocket picked, the Naismith dived in and sold himself.

Youve got Naismith showing forwards inside when there is no cover, and Mallans set peices are just hopeful floated balls that are easy picked off by the opposition. And the pass back to Langfield from anywhere on the park is utterly predictable. And dont get me started on the lack of fitness put there.

Its all basics that should have neen worked on by now yet it hasnt been fixed. Itd be really interesting to know if players are still back home for 2pm on training days cause they absolutely shouldn't be.

So should we sack the manager? Or just get him to ask you for advice?

<_<

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

See all the logic and belief on this forum at times

Why does it not happen in matches with players.

I am capable of a birdie at golf but not 18 in a row. What we are seeing is a total farce

Last night, eh pride.... a record going back to 1999 gone without even a booking. 4 shots on target after 25 mins by Ton, none by us.... Ton had 70% possession in first half...

Goodwin would have been sent off last night, probably punching Clarkson. What is JR seeing we cant. AR never rated him, even with some goal against Livi....

What are they working on in training. Set pieces , defending, passing............... 

What they need to work on is mindset, toughing up, keeping to a formation and following instruction.......

DJ

I am not disagreeing. I was there too. We were dismal in the first half. We didnt compete in the first half. The changes at half time helped but it was already far too late.

14 minutes ago, Soctty said:

The loan players have scored 60% of our league goals this season. Walsh has 3 goals and 1 assist in 4 starts for the club. If we can get better than that to replace him I'd be surprised.

I think we should probably let Harding or Shankland go back to their parent team, but only because we're overloaded with strikers and need to try to get another midfielder in. Letting both go would then leave us a bit short up front, with only Clarkson and Sutton in the squad as senior strikers.

You make very good points Scotty.

I think that Hardie is only with us until January and Walsh the same but Shankland until the end of the season.

Maybe somebody knows more.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

You make very good points Scotty.

I think that Hardie is only with us until January and Walsh the same but Shankland until the end of the season.

Maybe somebody knows more.

I thinnk you're right. I'd imagine Rangers will take their boys back as we sacked Rae and have hardly played Walsh, while Hardie's confidence has taken a kicking, so it might be taken out of our hands. Keep Shankland, and get in two players to beef up the midfield, and give us options, and the opportunity to drop players who aren't performing, would probably be the best option.

3 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I thinnk you're right. I'd imagine Rangers will take their boys back as we sacked Rae and have hardly played Walsh, while Hardie's confidence has taken a kicking, so it might be taken out of our hands. Keep Shankland, and get in two players to beef up the midfield, and give us options, and the opportunity to drop players who aren't performing, would probably be the best option.

You want more beef than Shanks..?

I think as a support we are rapidly running out people to blame for our current situation. It used to be the old boards fault for various reasons, then it was a succession of poor managerial appointments, then it was various players who were under performing or not performing for the manager, poor tactics, 'we will be better when Thommohawk, Quinn etc comes back', the fans are too negative when we play at home and so on.

We are a club in free fall and no-one seems to be able to stop our slide. It's so alarming.

I remember when I was a youngster and I used to go to most games with my dad in the late 80's and early 90's and I wondered why he didn't feel the pain as much as I did. I used to force him to take to take me to lots of away grounds when he didn't really want to. In the last few years I have turned into my dad as my heart is nowhere near as much into saints as it was 7 or 8 years ago. Having three young children has taken up most of my time.

I have a season ticket but only going to make about 3 of our first 9 home games due to family commitments.

I haven't been to an away game since Thistle a few years ago, which was a rare night out with Div and Supermac, but I haven't really looked forward to going to a game at St Mirren Park for quite sometime.

All very depressing stuff.

1 minute ago, Mr Zo said:

I think as a support we are rapidly running out people to blame for our current situation. It used to be the old boards fault for various reasons, them it was a succession of poor managerial appointments, then it was various players who were under performing or not performing for the manager, poor tactics, we will better when Thommohawk, Quinn etc comes back, the fans are too negative when we play at home.

We are a club in free fall and no-one seems to be able to stop our slide. It's so alarming.

I remember when I was a youngster and I used to go to most games with my dad in the late 80's and early 90's and I wondered why he didn't feel the pain as much as I did. In the last few years I have turned into my dad as my heart is nowhere near as much into saints as it was 7 or 8 years ago.

I have a season ticket but only going to make about 3 of our first 9 home games due to family commitments.

I haven't been to an away game since Thistle a few years ago and haven't really looked forward to going to a game at St Mirren Park for quite sometime.

Thanks for cheering us all up. :rolleyes:

I think as a support we are rapidly running out people to blame for our current situation. It used to be the old boards fault for various reasons, then it was a succession of poor managerial appointments, then it was various players who were under performing or not performing for the manager, poor tactics, 'we will be better when Thommohawk, Quinn etc comes back', the fans are too negative when we play at home and so on.

I remember when I was a youngster and I used to go to most games with my dad in the late 80's and early 90's and I wondered why he didn't feel the pain as much as I did. I used to force him to take to take me to lots of away grounds when he didn't really want to. In the last few years I have turned into my dad as my heart is nowhere near as much into saints as it was 7 or 8 years ago. Having three young children has taken up most of my time.

I haven't been to an away game since Thistle a few years ago, which was a rare night out with Div and Supermac, but I haven't really looked forward to going to a game at St Mirren Park for quite sometime.

Nail in the head hit.

11 hours ago, Drew said:

McKenzie is injured, is he not? That will have influenced Ross' decision to include Gordon. The only other options were Webster (if fit) or a young lad beside Baird. I don't think either option would have been ideal.

It's a shite state of affairs all round. I wasn't at the game, but the biggest concern for me is hearing about the lack of spirit, urgency, and commitment on display. That is indefensible.

. . and all the fresh air in the world won't make any f**king difference!

3 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I'd be surprised if there wasnt a growing realisation that the club should be listening to me intently.

Only if they are planning to raise funds by writing a book on psychiatry, perhaps with the working title of "inside the mind of a serial fantasist".

Mate I would not call you or any other fan fickle. I started this post quite oiled however I would be quite happy to add to the clubs coffers for the playing side. No one needs to agree with that all I want is to see us out the mess .

8 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Mate , you don't half post some f**kin incomprehensible pish !! 

What the f**k are you trying to say with that post ?

Take a wee step back , a deep breath and have a f**kin word with yourself ! 

In your f**ked up mind I'm sure it means something but all we can see is blah, blah f**kin blah !! 

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Almost a month since the last update from the chairman

See the above.

If you want anymore just ask. :lol: