Gordon Scott

There isn't any additional funds available to what there has been in the past under the last board.
Gordon isnt at the helm to dip into his own personal funds, but to instead try to find more ways of generating income through different avenues.
The players are pulling the club down and its Jacks job to try and raise morale and get this team believing in themselves, not the chairmans.

There isn't any additional funds available to what there has been in the past under the last board.
Gordon isnt at the helm to dip into his own personal funds, but to instead try to find more ways of generating income through different avenues.
The players are pulling the club down and its Jacks job to try and raise morale and get this team believing in themselves, not the chairmans.

And if the manager cant then its the Chairmas job to resolve that.

18 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

And if the manager cant then its the Chairmas job to resolve that.

You getting into the festive spirit already SD? :)

Or is this a suggestion for a new portmanteau whereby a decisive amount Chairman activity to sort out all the problems should always happen at Christmas? :D

Edited by southsidebud

10 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Mate , you don't half post some f**kin incomprehensible pish !! 

What the f**k are you trying to say with that post ?

Take a wee step back , a deep breath and have a f**kin word with yourself ! 

In your f**ked up mind I'm sure it means something but all we can see is blah, blah f**kin blah !! 

Think your the one that needs a chill pill with your wanky rant....

COYS + GFY

10 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

But to be fair on Jack, he is only in the door.  The next few games for me personally will be the big test of character.

The defeat to Morton (and, more specifically, the manner of it) will have rocked the new management team back on their heels.

As such, we should reasonably expect to see a robust response come Saturday. Anything other than a blood and guts, high tempo, pressing display will be wholly inadequate. I think JR will know this all too well.

Perhaps it takes a doing of that manner to let a new manager see what he is dealing with in the starkest terms. Tuesday's match is likely to have a very significant bearing on our season. It should serve as a catalyst to muster everyone involved (including us supplrters) to push the team towards the corner that needs turned.

Failure to respond in a telling manner, and I think we are in freefall.

• 1 month later...
gordon-scott-2016.jpg
29 December 2016

Update from Gordon Scott

SMFC Webteam
 Club News

With half the season gone I thought it would be a good time to update everybody on how things are progressing at the club.

On the playing side I am sure you can all see tangible signs of improvement, however, a cursory glance at the league table shows that we need to start turning these performances into wins and points on the board. As I have said before, the squad is currently imbalanced and I know Jack and James have been spending hours watching potential January recruits over the last month with a view to addressing that as soon as possible once the transfer window opens. 

I think we are all aware what we need and rest assured we will do our utmost to bring in the players we need to help improve the team. 

The biggest positive for me in the first half of the season has been the emergence of the group of Academy graduates who have blossomed into first team regulars in recent weeks. These young kids have been encouraged to go out and play attractive football and it's made a huge difference to the overall performance of the team. The style of football we are playing just now excites me and I now look forward to every game knowing we can compete with anyone in the division as was borne out by our display away from home against the league leaders on Christmas Eve.

The value of the Academy can never be under-estimated and the stature, confidence and skill of these players is a glowing testament to the work being done day in day out at Ralston by Allan McManus and his team. 

The last half dozen or so games have had us all on the edge of our seats. It remains my belief that attractive, exciting football is what will get people coming back to football and through the turnstiles on a match day. This is how we want to develop this club going forward, with this ethos built in to every single side right throughout the Academy and into the first team. I think we now have the staff in place to achieve that goal and I am excited about the future ahead. 

As a relatively new board we are trying our best to foster positive thinking around the whole football club. Negativity is self-destructive and whilst we won't get every decision right for everybody remember that we are all supporters too. We all want the best for the club and every decision we make is made with a view to making things better going forward. 

The task of turning around our fortunes on the field is the primary focus right now, but rest assured we are working away on our overall longer term strategy of improving each and every aspect of the club's operations with a view to increasing our turnover, improving the match day experience for our supporters, enhancing the club's infrastructure and working within the local community to further cement the strong links we have to Paisley and the surrounding areas. 

I have been greatly encouraged by the conversations I have had with supporters I've met at matches in and around the town in recent weeks, all of whom have been greatly supportive of what we are trying to achieve. Most understand that we cannot turn everything around overnight. 

The repair work on the Academy buildings is well underway and I can now sleep easy at night knowing that we are not going to lose our first team down a hole in the canteen floor. You may think that is an exaggeration but believe me, it's not!

Due to financial restrictions and the fact that we still need to be able to use the facilities on a daily basis the work required will be carried out in phases over the next few years. Both Jack and I are comfortable with this and it will allow us to tweak the layout slightly as well to create a new room for match analysis. 

I would also like to thank all of you who contribute towards SMiSA. It is amazing the difference it can make and the extra £2 a month you contribute has already allowed us to complete the raised platform for disabled supporters and now give Jack extra funds to bring another player in for the rest of the season. This additional funding is greatly appreciated. 

Finally, it would be remiss of me not to mention once again the support we are receiving from the stands both home and away. It seems to be getting busier and noisier every week and I have no doubt you will rise to the occasion this week once again. The players all appreciate the positive support and believe me it really does help. Stick with us, be positive and encouraging at all times and hopefully 2017 will be a more memorable year for us all. 

Wishing you and your families a very happy New Year when it comes and all the best for 2017. COYS!

Very impressed with that statement above.

Always good to hear from inside the club.Grateful for that as it's quite regular now.

We didn't learn anything from it though that we didn't already know, but nonetheless good that they acknowledge the support & funding :)

Half the season has gone and failure isn't an option on the field as if we replicate the first half of the season , teams above us will only need 2 wins from 18 games to see us relegated.

Looking forward to 3 or 4 new faces & climbing the league , which if recent weeks are anything to go by , we will do.

COYS

Very impressed with that statement above.

Why?

I'm not being funny but what exactly are Gordon Scott, Tony Fitzpatrick, David Nicol, Alan Wardrop, Campbell Kennedy, Lynn Watson etc doing that means they are so focused on the playing side of the business that they can't improve business operations, look for more business, or target forging links with the local community right now? Surely the playing side of the business is the responsibility of Jack Ross, his coaches and his players?

So far all we've seen from the club off the field is a change of printers for the match day programme taking business out of the town, the loss of a large sportswear contract with JD Sports, the expansion of the airport car parking operation to take even more parking spaces away from supporters, and some of the worst customer service from the likes of Lynn Watson and Tony Fitzpatrick who have only served to exacerbate problems around the club and to do more damage to the already poor match day experience

Time

Time for what Shull?

The first responsibility of any business boardroom should be to review business operations and to stop the slide in the profitablilty of the company. There's people at the club earning a hefty wage every month and their job isn't to coach players, to scout players, or to manage any of the football teams. Why is progress in their areas of the business not being pushed at all?

14 minutes ago, shull said:

What time is it now ?

Possibly time for Stuart to find a new hobby.

Good to hear from our chairman again.

I dont know of too many professional clubs who get this level of communication from their chairman. Regardless of the content, I love this relentless positivity in times of difficulty. Not just in terms of talk but in terms of important things being taken care of. I love working and living amongst people like that when things get tough. Plenty of time for whining if are down by the end of the season. For now I genuinely think we need to park the bus on the sort of meaningless, negative and destructive pish dished out by Dickson and others.

Edited by oaksoft

Possibly time for Stuart to find a new hobby.
Good to hear from our chairman again.
I dont know of too many professional clubs who get this level of communication from their chairman. Regardless of the content, I love this relentless positivity in times of difficulty. Not just in terms of talk but in terms of important things being taken care of. I love working and living amongst people like that when things get tough. Plenty of time for whining if are down by the end of the season. For now I genuinely think we need to park the bus on the sort of meaningless, negative and destructive pish dished out by Dickson and others.

Its no surprise you love living and working amongst people who won't be critical of your efforts and who will pay you regardless. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Its no surprise you love living and working amongst people who won't be critical of your efforts and who will pay you regardless. :rolleyes:

You understand that criticism can be constructive and positive right?

You understand that relentless positivity doesnt mean no criticism right?

Have you ever worked in a team that wasnt utterly dysfunctional?

What you are doing isnt constructive in any way. It lacks focus and intelligence.

When our club is facing relegation with subsequent job losses, a hole in the floor of our players canteen and a broken USH system and your response is to witter on about how shite our pie and drinks prices are compared to Benburb then you show yourself up as being totally worthless as I have patiently been explaining to you for some time. When your response to our current plight is to spend a week or so throwing shit at SMISA by guessing at how many board members they have and making bizarre suggestions that what really needs our attention is the price of pies and drinks then you deserve to be left out of the important work of rectifying the problems.

Edited by oaksoft

You understand that criticism can be constructive and positive right?
You understand that relentless positivity doesnt mean no criticism right?
Have you ever worked in a team that wasnt utterly dysfunctional?

Yes often. But when I cite them as examples you tell me I'm boring and making it all about me.

I'd be extremely surprised if you had ever worked in a successful team though especially given the kind of communication you appear to like :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yes often.

Then I am baffled by your response.

Why would you think that wanting to work with positive people would mean I wanted to avoid criticism? Successful companies work like this all over the world without resorting to the sort of shite you dish out. Nobody needs your type bud. You are out of date. In successful companies, people come together to solve complicated problems in a supportive and positive environment these days. Your macho, headless chicken guff was found out years ago. Successful businesses have no use for you.

Edited by oaksoft