Gordon Scott

Then I am baffled by your response.
Why would you think that wanting to work with positive people would mean I wanted to avoid criticism? Successful companies work like this all over the world without resorting to the sort of shite you dish out. Nobody needs your type bud. You are out of date. In successful companies, people come together to solve complicated problems in a supportive and positive environment these days. Your macho, headless chicken guff was found out years ago. Successful businesses have no use for you.

Yet no doubt you exert control in your own way by putting down positive contributors as trying to control or appeasing. I guess as long as we all do it your way in the end we should be grateful for the teamwork opportunity!

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I fear Stuart was right about your meltdown.

Here for you when you're ready to start your recovery!

Oh I am with you on this. I think mental illness is a rich vein of humour and banter to be mined at every opportunity so fill your boots.

Mind you, I dont have a God to answer to.

Oh and as for you being there for my recovery. If you are what the doctor ordered, I dont want to know what I have contracted.

Edited by oaksoft

Then I am baffled by your response.
Why would you think that wanting to work with positive people would mean I wanted to avoid criticism? Successful companies work like this all over the world without resorting to the sort of shite you dish out. Nobody needs your type bud. You are out of date. In successful companies, people come together to solve complicated problems in a supportive and positive environment these days. Your macho, headless chicken guff was found out years ago. Successful businesses have no use for you.

Nonsense. Successful companies all over the world pay fortunes for honest good quality customer feedback and value it as they build their strategies for further growth. I'm providing honest feedback and it appears that whilst others prefer a more moderate approach there is agreement with some of the issues I've highlighted.

The fact that you think honest customer feedback is destructive and dysfunctional speaks volumes about the levels of delusion you like to be cocooned in.

I've offered SMISA and St Mirren my help. They've chosen, it appears, not to want it. That is their prerogative as is it mines to criticise when I think it is merited

6 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Nonsense. Successful companies all over the world pay fortunes for honest good quality customer feedback and value it as they build their strategies for further growth. I'm providing honest feedback and it appears that whilst others prefer a more moderate approach there is agreement with some of the issues I've highlighted.

The fact that you think honest customer feedback is destructive and dysfunctional speaks volumes about the levels of delusion you like to be cocooned in.

I've offered SMISA and St Mirren my help. They've chosen, it appears, not to want it. That is their prerogative as is it mines to criticise when I think it is merited

There's a distinct difference between honesty and dysfunctiionality.

i think both SMISA and St Mirren recognised that.

6 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The fact that you genuinely believe that what you are doing is providing feedback that is either honest or high quality is part of your problem.

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Nonsense. Successful companies all over the world pay fortunes for honest good quality customer feedback and value it as they build their strategies for further growth. I'm providing honest feedback...

There is a absolutely nothing constructive or progressive in the feedback you provide, though. You are constantly on what feels like a witch hunt involving specifically named individuals within the club who you seem to have a fetish for getting into trouble or sacked for what is (in your own opinion) underperforming. Now I'm in no position to suggest that the said individuals are performing perfectly within their role but like everything else, this club is a work in progress.

Everything you say or even intimate towards SMFC on here is dripping in bitterness, resentment and suspicion and that clouds your judgement seriously on providing any sort of reasonable and measured input. That, I would imagine, is why SMFC have again, spurned your offer to 'help' them. As they are aware that when things don't go your way on an issue, you'll throw a massive tantrum and walk away. You did it when SGG knocked back your business proposal and held a decade long grudge, you did it when we sacked Tom Hendrie and you did it almost instantly with the SMISA membership.

Frankly, no one wants your help as, whilst you may have decent ideas, you're a loose cannon, difficult to deal with and ultimately not worth the effort it would take to fawn around and pander to you to keep your precious ego swollen and short temper placated.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

There is a absolutely nothing constructive or progressive in the feedback you provide, though. You are constantly on what feels like a witch hunt involving specifically named individuals within the club who you seem to have a fetish for getting into trouble or sacked for what is (in your own opinion) underperforming. Now I'm in no position to suggest that the said individuals are performing perfectly within their role but like everything else, this club is a work in progress.

Everything you say or even intimate towards SMFC on here is dripping in bitterness, resentment and suspicion and that clouds your judgement seriously on providing any sort of reasonable and measured input. That, I would imagine, is why SMFC have again, spurned your offer to 'help' them. As they are aware that when things don't go your way on an issue, you'll throw a massive tantrum and walk away. You did it when SGG knocked back your business proposal and held a decade long grudge, you did it when we sacked Tom Hendrie and you did it almost instantly with the SMISA membership.

Frankly, no one wants your help as, whilst you may have decent ideas, you're a loose cannon, difficult to deal with and ultimately not worth the effort it would take to fawn around and pander to you to keep your precious ego swollen and short temper placated.

Why would anyone have to pander to me once they've had a look at the ideas? I'm not looking for a job, just a better football club. :rolleyes: 

Tell me DJ - how do you square the latest Gordon Scott update with the individuals at the club? Do you think Lynn Watson is too busy scouting for players to improve the level of customer service she offers as "Club Secretary"? Do you think Campbell Kennedy is too busy working on a new formation for the first team to look at new ways to bring in greater amounts of commercial revenue into the club? Do you think that David Nicol or Alan Wardrop are so busy coaching the first team squad that they haven't had a moment to look at how the club markets itself around the local town? And do you really think that Gordon Scott and Tony Fitzpatrick are so busy working on their matchday drills that they haven't been able to look at the efficiency of the various operations around the club to ensure they earn the money the club needs to fix the undersoil heating, or to add to the playing budget before going cap in hand to the community benefit society for gifts and interest free loans of money? 

Sure the playing squad needs to win matches to get St Mirren out of it's relegation predicament, but if those who aren't involved in the football side of the operation aren't focused on their roles then the club is only going to slide further into the abyss. It doesn't take money to sort out the way customers are treated by staff at the club. It doesn't take money to work with sports clubs in the local area to set up a buying group that enhances the clubs negotiating position when looking for a new kit deal. It doesn't take money to drive up the use of facilities within the stadium to work with local sports clubs and charity groups on fundraisers. To claim all of that has been sidelined while all focus is on the playing side of the club is utterly ridiculous. 

Personally as a SMISA member season ticket holder and shareholder I think it is great that our new Chairman is giving the fans regular updates.The previous Board were latterly tired and quite frankly could no longer be bothered and what was evident latterly at AGMs was that they saw the fans as some sort of nuisance value and didn't deserve to be updated.Keep up the good work Gordon.

4 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Personally as a SMISA member season ticket holder and shareholder I think it is great that our new Chairman is giving the fans regular updates.The previous Board were latterly tired and quite frankly could no longer be bothered and what was evident latterly at AGMs was that they saw the fans as some sort of nuisance value and didn't deserve to be updated.Keep up the good work Gordon.

Aye it's great. Now we can see at least once a month that there is no leadership or direction at the club. :rolleyes:

The first thing we need from the Chairman is that he is astute in his dealings. So far, so good in my opinion.

His first sensible decision was to become chairman and major shareholder with a built in exit strategy in place.

Ten out of 10 for this as for Anne Budge of Hearts.

Has he communicated more than others have in the past?

The jury is still out on this or so I beieve but I am not fault finding in saying this.

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

The first thing we need from the Chairman is that he is astute in his deaings. So far, so good in my opinion.

His first sensible decision was to become chairman and major shareholder with a built in exit strategy in place.

His most sensible decision was to ignore any suggestion from a certain fat pipe fitter/night watchman/business consultant/Walter Mitty stand in.

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The first thing we need from the Chairman is that he is astute in his dealings. So far, so good in my opinion.

Ten out of 10 for this as for Anne Budge of Hearts.

Has he communicated more than others have in the past?

The jury is still out on this or so I beieve but I am not fault finding in saying this.

The chairman is doing fine right now as far as I am concerned. Its clear he is dealing with immediate problems with some energy and focus. The missing ingredient is getting results on the pitch and that is poisoning everything. Once the team start winning and climbing the division things will feel better all round. For most of us.

17 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

This is pretty brutal but it is exactly correct.

I dont know how many of us have to articulate this same view to him before he gets the message.

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Talking of decisions - isn't it a good job that £15k was borrowed by the club to fix the USH in time for today's match. I've just been outside and the weather is just so cold.... Oh wait. No it isn't.

068b49e146b3971c61830885217efc3c.jpg

You really are a fool StuD. Just so you know. The USH is for emergency use at the appropriate time. Not just for this one game.  I'm sure you had a long range weather forecast telling you it would be above freezing in the middle of winter.

You really are a fool StuD. Just so you know. The USH is for emergency use at the appropriate time. Not just for this one game.  I'm sure you had a long range weather forecast telling you it would be above freezing in the middle of winter.

What kind of emergency needs a football pitch to be thawed?