Gordon Scott

30 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

It seems that GS can do no wrong . The fact that is that he got the timing of the change of Manager all wrong . Go read the Club Accounts then tell me where the money is coming from to run The Club ? 

I take it you had an agenda with the last board too? Stop throwing about negativity and support the club along and let the board do their job instead of having a personal vendetta against the man who has made fan ownership a real possibility. There was never any indication prior to the takeover that Gordon would be putting any additional funds from his own money in, SMISA and GS were very transparent about this at the meeting with the fans last Feb/March. The club was handed over with a similar day to day running, though the new board are looking at exploring new avenues to bringing in additional income to the club etc, something i am pretty sure that is in motion in the background.

The club doesn't need any more negative pish spouted at a time when on the park, we are in a critical situation and need to gather a positive vibe amongst the supporters and players to get us out of this mess.

22 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Reading Gordon Scott's report on the website my fears about this guy have multiplied . He's talking about things that really are none of his business . Example being , STYLE OF PLAY . How this will get people coming back to see us ! He's talking rubbish as the priority is to stay in The Championship so who cares how we do that ? Everyone can see that Jack Ross is playing a game that's better on the eye than Alex Rae played so that's a given ok ? Fact is Rae would never have got us relegated AND he'd probably never have got us promoted either . So simple solution would have been to stick with Rae until end of season then put him out the door and bring Jack in then . He could also have made some discreate approaches to Jack and told him to get prepared for the takeover . Please don't tell me that this Does not happen because it does .

instead of getting involved in how the team plays he should be pro active with these issues :

Getting the repairs completed at Ralston . Now he says he's doing this so " Good boy Gordon " getting funding in place to assist The Manager to improve The Squad . Overseeing exactly what The CEO is actually doing . It could well be he's doing a lot but many people think he's doing nothing to earn his salary . Increase Gates : if he thinks getting us relegated and playing great attacking football will increase gates he's dreaming . However he wanted the job and we have all paid to give him his wish so what exactly was his plan to incprese gates ? He complements the Youth Coaches . Yes got to say some good boys coming through and the recent introductions look good but will they keep us up ? It's a " horses for courses " game and no doubt Jack would have preferred to make these introductions when The Team was winning and in a better position .

Supporrt The Manager : Now his loyalty  with Rae was zero . If GS is honest he's got to be saying that he was very lucky to have Rae there as staying in The Championship was a certainty and Rae had kept us up last year with a poor team . So my point is that he deserved better treatment but as IVE said sack the manager at the correct time not after a handful of games . Alex Rae was not popular and I do understand why but the fact is that IF he was telling Rae to " forget results just play more acting football " Rae would not have stood for any of that rubbish .  GS is also asking for " everyone to be positive " now if that means not to criticise him then he's not on . IVE tried when writing this not to be critical and I'm NOT  a pal of Alex Rae but merely stating facts . HONESTY with fans : GS must resign if we go down . He cannot be allowed to continue if this happens . We deserve a leader who is honest and takes responsibility therefore he must do the honorable thing and go if we are indeed relegated .

Hiya Alex, how did you enjoy the old firm match on sat?   You must be proud of your wee pal Kenny Miller, with his new record of scoring for all 3 old firm teams.

• 4 months later...
27 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

I think a wee word is due for Gordon and the board tonight. It was a huge call to sack Rae so early in the season and to appoint JR when there were more experienced candidates available. Absolutely vindicated now.

To think some people wanted Yogi rather than JR!

31 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Can't read it as not subscribed - could some helpful soul copy and paste so those of us who don't pay for the Herald can read this?

I read it on Twitter. They seem to let you read a few articles each month before the requirement to subscribe kicks in.

32 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Can't read it as not subscribed - could some helpful soul copy and paste so those of us who don't pay for the Herald can read this?

My favourite bits in bold :P

HAS a club ever had the spectre of relegation hanging over them for so long and yet still emerged at the end of the season with optimism not only intact but renewed? St Mirren may well be sailing into uncharted territory with this one.

It is a campaign Gordon Scott certainly won’t forget in a hurry. Ushered in as chairman last summer after fronting a joint takeover bid with the supporters trust, Scott has experienced a maiden season in charge like no other. It involved sacking a manager after just six league games, appointing a promising but largely untested replacement, and then allowing the new man to effectively build a squad from scratch midway through the season.

All three decisions were bold but ultimately vindicated. Jack Ross took a bit of time to find his feet after replacing Alex Rae as manager at the start of October but it was a 3-0 home loss to Queen of the South three months on that proved the watershed moment. Struggling at the foot of the Championship and looking destined for the drop, Ross calmly but assuredly made clear that there would be need to be wholesale changes were St Mirren to survive.

He got his way. Ten players left, and 10 arrived during a blur of January transfer window activity. The changes all worked. Defeats turned to draws and then to victories. By the end of the season, St Mirren had not only got themselves off the foot of the table but avoided the relegation play-off place, too. It was quite a transformation.

They are not finished there, however. Such has been their form in recent months, that already there are noises from within the St Mirren camp that perhaps they ought to be putting in a challenge at the other end of the table next season. Scott did not discourage such a notion.

“You can see from how we played in the second half of this season what our ambitions have to be next year,” he told Herald Sport. “With a couple of tweaks and additions we will hopefully only get stronger. We’ve been one of the form teams in the division over the last few months and that tells you what we would hope to achieve next year.

“Jack wants to keep the squad together as much as possible. I know the way he likes to work and the players he’s got just now he’s happy with. He doesn’t want to go through another window like January again. So we’ll be making every effort we can to keep those players who are going out of contract or who were on loan. Jack has spoken to them and they want to stay so we’ll have discussions over the next week or so and see where it takes us.”

Scott is a successful businessman with ties to the construction and real estate industries but a lifelong St Mirren fan, too. Perhaps unusually for a club chairman, he believes watching an entertaining team is just as important as a winning one.

“I’ve already spoken to people about next season and it’s amazing the amount of folk who say they want us to win the league and they don’t care how we achieve that,” he added. “Personally, I want to enjoy my football. Of course I want us to do well and be competitive but watching entertaining football is a really big thing for me and Jack has certainly brought that back over the last few months.

“The fans are enjoying it and coming back in their numbers. Everyone talks about league reconstruction, cutting prices or other changes but the only way to get people in the door is to play entertaining football. And if you can do that people will get behind you.”

Off the field, however, work continues apace. Years of neglect around the club have meant a season of “firefighting” for Scott and his staff but they are gradually restoring order.

“The foundations of the club were weak when we took over,” he admitted. “In terms of maintenance, nothing had been done for the last seven years. When I walked in the door I didn’t expect to have to change the manager so quickly or a load of other things. But doing all these things should make us stronger going forward.”

There is a connection between the club and its fans now that transcends results on a Saturday. Better communication and a feeling of unity have been key to that, too, something that wasn’t always the case under the previous regime.

It’s been about creating a football club again with everyone in it together, rather than the club and the fans being two separate bodies,” added Scott. “Even in the early days when things weren’t going well everybody I met told me, “We know what you are trying to do so stick with it”. And that was very heartening as there had been times when I was almost scared to go out in Paisley for a beer as you were wondering what the reaction might be.

“But people realised the club had been on a downwards spiral for a few years so turning that around wasn’t going to happen overnight. We’ve changed a lot in a season and, perhaps most importantly, I like to think we’ve done it in conjunction with the supporters. The bond between them, the manager and the players has never been better.

Edited by Magic Monkey

Where's Loyal Supporter gone? I want to hear what Alex Rae thinks :double. It must say something that Rae didn't manage a club for a few years before he came here, he's not back in management and I doubt very much he'll ever be trusted to manage another decent sized club again.

Well done GS. Decisive action was need and taken. After 3 and a bit disastrous seasons, things are looking up.

Where's Loyal Supporter gone? I want to hear what Alex Rae thinks :double. It must say something that Rae didn't manage a club for a few years before he came here, he's not back in management and I doubt very much he'll ever be trusted to manage another decent sized club again.
Well done GS. Decisive action was need and taken. After 3 and a bit disastrous seasons, things are looking up.

Aye let's here about that terrific win ratio he and his assistant had again. Talk about obfuscation and spin, ffs.

10 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Get a short list compiled, you know you want to

Four Stands 

Gordon Scott 

Tony Fitzpatrick 

Danny Lennon 

Tom Hendrie 

TopCat 

Stewart Gilmour 

And a few more. 

Need to be a Buddie General Election to get it down to 4.

17 minutes ago, shull said:

Four Stands 

Gordon Scott 

Tony Fitzpatrick 

Danny Lennon 

Tom Hendrie 

TopCat 

Stewart Gilmour 

And a few more. 

Well based on this GE we don't do it on based on whether its good for us, so with that in  mind

How about

The Morton Stand

Tommy Craig Family Stand (no swearing)

Alex Rae Stand ( No surrender)

The Froggy I still think we will be relegated next season Stand

The Shull 2500 seats and 50000 posts Stand

The Peter Leonard the only way is up Stand

The Ian McColl is a prick Stand

List endless

27 minutes ago, shull said:

Four Stands 

Gordon Scott 

Tony Fitzpatrick 

Danny Lennon 

Tom Hendrie 

TopCat 

Stewart Gilmour 

And a few more. 

Well, one of those names must go.