Gordon Scott

You really are a fool StuD. Just so you know. The USH is for emergency use at the appropriate time. Not just for this one game.  I'm sure you had a long range weather forecast telling you it would be above freezing in the middle of winter.

I'm not the fool. Over the course of my time of being involved in kids football and playing all our matches on either grass or 3g I can only recall 3 times when matches were postponed because the pitch was snowbound or frost bound. And on two of those occasions USH would have has no effect.

USH is not needed in Scotland and if you look back I have steadfastly been against USH from day one.

9 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I'm not the fool. Over the course of my time of being involved in kids football and playing all our matches on either grass or 3g I can only recall 3 times when matches were postponed because the pitch was snowbound or frost bound. And on two of those occasions USH would have has no effect.

USH is not needed in Scotland and if you look back I have steadfastly been against USH from day one.

3 times??????????????????

I agree USH is a complete waste of money to a team like St Mirren if it's a £1000 to run a day and has to be on 4 days beforehand

3 times??????????????????
I agree USH is a complete waste of money to a team like St Mirren if it's a £1000 to run a day and has to be on 4 days beforehand

Yeah. 3 I can recall. We've had games postponed for waterlogged pitches and for gale force winds obviously but not many at all for snow or frost bound pitches. One of the matches was during the big freeze where temperatures were down to - 10c. One was on a spring morning at Ballerup where everywhere else - even the Whirlies - was clear and bathed in sunshine but the Ballerup pitch had an inch of snow on it.

The only other snow related postponement I can remember was at Countess where all the snow had been removed from the pitch but the pitch was unplayable because all the black pellets were piled on the pitch.

A frozen pitch with a "big" game threatened. . Financially this would constitute an unexpected and possibly serious situation. Part of a definition of emergency.

An emergency would be

Oaksoft & Stuart Dickson agreeing on something & Shull choking on his coco pops.
I am not talking coughing & spluttering at the shock, i mean obstructed airway, becoming cyanosed & needing abdominal thrusts (formerly known as the heimlich manoeuvre) to avert a respiratory arrest & death.
That fella, is an emergency.

Postponing a game of football is not an emergency.

12 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

An emergency would be

Oaksoft & Stuart Dickson agreeing on something & Shull choking on his coco pops.
I am not talking coughing & spluttering at the shock, i mean obstructed airway, becoming cyanosed & needing abdominal thrusts (formerly known as the heimlich manoeuvre) to avert a respiratory arrest & death.

Please look up THE definition. NOT your definition. An emergency is subjective. If my house was flooding I would class that as an emergency. If I was unable to pay my debts. I may need an emergency loan. You probably wouldn't give a f**k.

Please look up THE definition. NOT your definition. An emergency is subjective. If my house was flooding I would class that as an emergency. If I was unable to pay my debts. I may need an emergency loan. You probably wouldn't give a f**k.

Definition

a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate action.

"personal alarms for use in an emergency"

synonyms:crisis, urgent situation, extremity, exigency; 

accident, disaster,catastrophe, calamity; 

difficulty,plight, predicament, tight spot, tight corner, mess; 

quandary, dilemma;

unforeseen circumstances,dire/desperate straits, danger;

informalscrape, jam, fix, pickle, spot,hole, hot water, crunch, panic stations

"your quick response in an emergency could be a lifesaver"

None of that relates to getting a football match on in weather conditions where people are told not to drive unless it's an emergency.

You're right. I wouldn't give a f**k.
Put a dress on a pig, it's still a pig.

Postponing a football match by any stretch of imagination is not an emergency. You can bump your gums & think differently.

St Mirren's USH that has been broke for sometime is not an unexpected or dangerous situation.

All that would happen is the game gets played on a different date. Big deal! but you seem to think it would be armageddon. Are you Stewart Gilmour in disguise? [emoji16]

5 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Definition

a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate action.

"personal alarms for use in an emergency"

synonyms:crisis, urgent situation, extremity, exigency; 

accident, disaster,catastrophe, calamity; 

difficulty,plight, predicament, tight spot, tight corner, mess; 

quandary, dilemma;

unforeseen circumstances,dire/desperate straits, danger;

informalscrape, jam, fix, pickle, spot,hole, hot water, crunch, panic stations

"your quick response in an emergency could be a lifesaver"

None of that relates to getting a football match on in weather conditions where people are told not to drive unless it's an emergency.

Well googled. Just the way you get all your "knowledge".

a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate action. As I said. Subjective

Not always dangerous. Though trying to play football on ice might constitute a danger.

Well googled. Just the way you get all your "knowledge".
a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate action. As I said. Subjective
Not always dangerous. Though trying to play football on ice might constitute a danger.

Asking an opposition to travel in weather conditions when the police are advising people stay at home is more likely to cause real emergencies rather than solve them.

USH should have no place in our game

3 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Postponing a football match by any stretch of imagination is not an emergency. You can bump your gums & think differently.

St Mirren's USH that has been broke for sometime is not an unexpected or dangerous situation.

All that would happen is the game gets played on a different date. Big deal! but you seem to think it would be armageddon. Are you Stewart Gilmour in disguise? emoji16.png

It's not the USH being broken that would constitute the emergency. It's losing much needed revenue due to an unplayable surface.

Again I say. Subjective. You don't give a f**k because it isn't your money.

34 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

An emergency would be

7 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

All that would happen is the game gets played on a different date. Big deal! but you seem to think it would be armageddon. Are you Stewart Gilmour in disguise? emoji16.png

Are you Dickson in disguise?

Rhetorical question btw, 

6 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You're posts are so ridiculous you've managed to unite some forum members behind me. Well done

You're (sic) posts are so predictable and inane that you must surely be aware that most forum members are split between pity and disdain... mostly disdain 

When a club needs a goalie quickly due to injuries they call it an emergency loan. Of course it really isn't an emergency, not like aeroplanes being flown into the twin towers or something. Reading some of the usual suspects on here waffling their usual pish, this time about the real definition of an emergency is highly entertaining. Complete wallopers.... Anyway, set phasers to 'ignore'.

When a club needs a goalie quickly due to injuries they call it an emergency loan. Of course it really isn't an emergency, not like aeroplanes being flown into the twin towers or something. Reading some of the usual suspects on here waffling their usual pish, this time about the real definition of an emergency is highly entertaining. Complete wallopers.... Anyway, set phasers to 'ignore'.

Do you think there was an emergency need for USH at Scottish Football Grounds Poz?

5 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Talking of decisions - isn't it a good job that £15k was borrowed by the club to fix the USH in time for today's match. I've just been outside and the weather is just so cold.... Oh wait. No it isn't.

So, now he's a f*cking weather man, in addition to all of the other skills he claims to have. Moron.