Gordon Scott

1 hour ago, BaldyOzBud said:

Have you read any of his unrelentingly negative posts kombi?

BOB,

I read quite a fair bit of most threads that catch my eye. I clearly don't get affected by what Stuart Dickson or anyone else says on these forums. I am inclined to read it and decide what is shite and should be ignored and what has any substance and should/could be considered and discussed/debated. Unfortunately, there is a mob mentality amongst a few on here that no matter what SD posts, it'll be dismissed out of hand as "wanky pish" even if there is anything worthwhile in it (no doubt, someone will be along to suggest he never posts anything worthwhile. Each to their own I suppose.)

I have my opinions about a lot but tend not to post as I have lived away from Scotland (Barrhead) for just gone 30 years.

I give enough of a f**k about St Mirren to have joined SMISA at the very start and I rejoined to Buy the Buds and although I will never live back in Scotland, bought into the idea and joined the 1877 club as a founder member. I believed the effort to get a supporters bar built was worth the £60 + £10 per month thereafter. One day, i'll get there for a pint.

Back to the matter in hand. I don't get affected by any of the shite that any poster posts, (whoever the walloper may be :lol:) enough to froth at the mouth. When I feel strongly enough, I'll stick my tuppence worth in. In this instance, I don't think the USH was enough of an "emergency" to warrant spending £19K (£15 to fix & £4k to turn on).on it at this time.

FWIW, I think SMISA & GLS are doing a great job. They will make mistakes and as long as they learn from them, that'll do me. It is early doors but I am confident a lot of good is coming St Mirren' way.

Happy New Year Bud.

Edited by Kombibuddie

On 2 November 2016 at 0:17 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So what is going to happen ? Major clear out in January is needed big question is money will be needed to keep us in the Championship. I'm willing to put a few extra pounds in to help Jack Ross are you the supporters, more importantly are you ME SCOTT ?

Reading Gordon Scott's report on the website my fears about this guy have multiplied . He's talking about things that really are none of his business . Example being , STYLE OF PLAY . How this will get people coming back to see us ! He's talking rubbish as the priority is to stay in The Championship so who cares how we do that ? Everyone can see that Jack Ross is playing a game that's better on the eye than Alex Rae played so that's a given ok ? Fact is Rae would never have got us relegated AND he'd probably never have got us promoted either . So simple solution would have been to stick with Rae until end of season then put him out the door and bring Jack in then . He could also have made some discreate approaches to Jack and told him to get prepared for the takeover . Please don't tell me that this Does not happen because it does .

instead of getting involved in how the team plays he should be pro active with these issues :

Getting the repairs completed at Ralston . Now he says he's doing this so " Good boy Gordon " getting funding in place to assist The Manager to improve The Squad . Overseeing exactly what The CEO is actually doing . It could well be he's doing a lot but many people think he's doing nothing to earn his salary . Increase Gates : if he thinks getting us relegated and playing great attacking football will increase gates he's dreaming . However he wanted the job and we have all paid to give him his wish so what exactly was his plan to incprese gates ? He complements the Youth Coaches . Yes got to say some good boys coming through and the recent introductions look good but will they keep us up ? It's a " horses for courses " game and no doubt Jack would have preferred to make these introductions when The Team was winning and in a better position .

Supporrt The Manager : Now his loyalty  with Rae was zero . If GS is honest he's got to be saying that he was very lucky to have Rae there as staying in The Championship was a certainty and Rae had kept us up last year with a poor team . So my point is that he deserved better treatment but as IVE said sack the manager at the correct time not after a handful of games . Alex Rae was not popular and I do understand why but the fact is that IF he was telling Rae to " forget results just play more acting football " Rae would not have stood for any of that rubbish .  GS is also asking for " everyone to be positive " now if that means not to criticise him then he's not on . IVE tried when writing this not to be critical and I'm NOT  a pal of Alex Rae but merely stating facts . HONESTY with fans : GS must resign if we go down . He cannot be allowed to continue if this happens . We deserve a leader who is honest and takes responsibility therefore he must do the honorable thing and go if we are indeed relegated .

4 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Reading Gordon Scott's report on the website my fears about this guy have multiplied . He's talking about things that really are none of his business . Example being , STYLE OF PLAY . How this will get people coming back to see us ! He's talking rubbish as the priority is to stay in The Championship so who cares how we do that ? Everyone can see that Jack Ross is playing a game that's better on the eye than Alex Rae played so that's a given ok ? Fact is Rae would never have got us relegated AND he'd probably never have got us promoted either . So simple solution would have been to stick with Rae until end of season then put him out the door and bring Jack in then . He could also have made some discreate approaches to Jack and told him to get prepared for the takeover . Please don't tell me that this Does not happen because it does .

instead of getting involved in how the team plays he should be pro active with these issues :

Getting the repairs completed at Ralston . Now he says he's doing this so " Good boy Gordon " getting funding in place to assist The Manager to improve The Squad . Overseeing exactly what The CEO is actually doing . It could well be he's doing a lot but many people think he's doing nothing to earn his salary . Increase Gates : if he thinks getting us relegated and playing great attacking football will increase gates he's dreaming . However he wanted the job and we have all paid to give him his wish so what exactly was his plan to incprese gates ? He complements the Youth Coaches . Yes got to say some good boys coming through and the recent introductions look good but will they keep us up ? It's a " horses for courses " game and no doubt Jack would have preferred to make these introductions when The Team was winning and in a better position .

Supporrt The Manager : Now his loyalty  with Rae was zero . If GS is honest he's got to be saying that he was very lucky to have Rae there as staying in The Championship was a certainty and Rae had kept us up last year with a poor team . So my point is that he deserved better treatment but as IVE said sack the manager at the correct time not after a handful of games . Alex Rae was not popular and I do understand why but the fact is that IF he was telling Rae to " forget results just play more acting football " Rae would not have stood for any of that rubbish .  GS is also asking for " everyone to be positive " now if that means not to criticise him then he's not on . IVE tried when writing this not to be critical and I'm NOT  a pal of Alex Rae but merely stating facts . HONESTY with fans : GS must resign if we go down . He cannot be allowed to continue if this happens . We deserve a leader who is honest and takes responsibility therefore he must do the honorable thing and go if we are indeed relegated .

Mate i dont have a problem with gordon 

Gordon does not get paid. Was part of his original commitment in the bidding process....btw you still have not answered my earlier questions regarding GS reasons for buying.

Gordon does not get paid. Was part of his original commitment in the bidding process....btw you still have not answered my earlier questions regarding GS reasons for buying.

You can't be his MATE obviously!

If you can get a reply, any chance you could ask your new MATE to use paragraphs?

Apart from anything else, it makes pausing for laughter a lot easier!

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

You can't be his MATE obviously!

If you can get a reply, any chance you could ask your new MATE to use paragraphs?

Apart from anything else, it makes pausing for laughter a lot easier!

Not a clue yet as to why he has done this . There is no chance that the plan he's told us will happen . There will be many excuses given but it just won't happen due to cash being required to keep the Club afloat . So you think I'm the only supporter who thinks this way ? Good luck if you do . What I would say is that the appointment of Jack Ross has been excellent as will be shown in the long term as he does play promotion type football and we will not go down . However Ross was not Scott's first choice ! But if the worst does happen Gordon Scott will not stick by Jack Ross 

12 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Not a clue yet as to why he has done this . There is no chance that the plan he's told us will happen . There will be many excuses given but it just won't happen due to cash being required to keep the Club afloat . So you think I'm the only supporter who thinks this way ? Good luck if you do . What I would say is that the appointment of Jack Ross has been excellent as will be shown in the long term as he does play promotion type football and we will not go down . However Ross was not Scott's first choice ! But if the worst does happen Gordon Scott will not stick by Jack Ross 

You and StuD certainly seem to have an advantage on us mere mortals.

18594534-old-wizard-cartoon-looking-at-magic-ball.jpg

5 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

WTF????  What a rambling pile if sh*te.  You keep stating all these 'facts' about Scott, when all they are is supposition on your part.  Provide some proof if you're going bandy about accusations.

49 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

WTF????  What a rambling pile if sh*te.  You keep stating all these 'facts' about Scott, when all they are is supposition on your part.  Provide some proof if you're going bandy about accusations.

Work it out yourself . If you can't even work out that he got it completely wrong WITH TGE TIMING OF SACKING RAE not to mention the cost involved . Seems to me that you have completely no clue about what's involved . 

37 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Work it out yourself . If you can't even work out that he got it completely wrong WITH TGE TIMING OF SACKING RAE not to mention the cost involved . Seems to me that you have completely no clue about what's involved . 

I believe you when you say you're not related to or a friend of Alex Rae.

That's because you are Alex Rae.

2 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

It seems that GS can do no wrong . The fact that is that he got the timing of the change of Manager all wrong . Go read the Club Accounts then tell me where the money is coming from to run The Club ? 

This seems to be the only subject you post in. So come clean whats your agenda.

26 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

It seems that GS can do no wrong . The fact that is that he got the timing of the change of Manager all wrong . Go read the Club Accounts then tell me where the money is coming from to run The Club ? 

No need. You have already told us you know for a fact it wasnt his own money. Unfortunately you refuse to tell us all why you know this.

Your logical fallacy is that having made a ridiculous Dickson-esque claim apparently the onus is on us to prove you wrong.

Good luck using that line of reasoning the next time you are up in court.

Edited by oaksoft