We need a Cap'n........

New thread/shite thread........

We need an on field captain/leader.

The Sainted "Gus" brought in Andy Millen pdq and gave the elbow to favourite son Ricky Gillies.

Tom Hendrie recalled TT from loan at QotS.

Mixing up screen franchises JR has got to find his on-field enforcer, his Luca Brassi.............:hammer:death:fire2

Edited by Bud the Baker

Mate, we need far more than a Captain......  We need someone that knows anything about football to join our club

Ton were always going to come flying out the box against us, we just sit back and let them hurt us.

The subs JR made smacked of Tony Mowbary against us.

Most importantly we have no biters ............. I don't feel sorry for JR far from it, I feel sorry for us and the total pish we have been subjected to.

If JR wants to keep telling the bunch of rejects that they are great footballers then it aint working and clearly they arent 

totally agree good teams should have four or five players in the team capable of being Captain , Jackie Copeland , Billy Abercrobie , Tony Fitzpatrick , John McCormack and jimmy Bone all played for the same Saints team , cup finning team had Aber , Fitz and Neil Cooper , Rae should have targeted a couple of players who offered leadership and organisation as soon as he had that opportunity

These kind of players are available , maybe coming to the end of their careers , but with a season or two left in them , or playing well for a team in the lower leagues , but capable of stepping up if they are given the chance , its a managers job to identify these players , do his homework on the type of character they are , and get them signed , we have had four years back to back poor signings , no ones fault but the managers who sighed the players , to do well a club needs three years in a row of getting their signings right

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

These kind of players are available , maybe coming to the end of their careers , but with a season or two left in them , or playing well for a team in the lower leagues , but capable of stepping up if they are given the chance , its a managers job to identify these players , do his homework on the type of character they are , and get them signed , we have had four years back to back poor signings , no ones fault but the managers who sighed the players , to do well a club needs three years in a row of getting their signings right

Thing is- we have these players but we just abuse them and get shot of them. Eh Jim Goodwin . His new team would thrash us.....

Guest TPAFKATS
I think back to when Tony was made captain by Fergie at a very young age and to this end why not give the job to young Mallan.Could be the very thing to ignite his and the team's season.

Yeah, although more recently I recall a young Hugh Murray getting the captaincy.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:40 PM, Mid Calder Saint said:

I think back to when Tony was made captain by Fergie at a very young age and to this end why not give the job to young Mallan.Could be the very thing to ignite his and the team's season.

Why not since him being captain cant make us play any worst than we have been doing all season.