Jamie Langfield

For the first time ever I have decided to speak out negatively about an individual St Mirren player and we have had some over the years that I have been close to it but I can't bite my tongue with this guy.

Jamie Langfield has had a good career playing at the top level of our game but since he has come to us and in most games that he has started he had one too many howlers. Yes he has had a couple of decent games but overall he has been honking. A bomb scare and we have had more than a few dodgy goalkeepers over the years. Was at fault for the first goal midweek and today also. It is happening too often.

Please put Gallacher or Willison in goals until January.

Jamie stick to the coaching buddie.

Is it just me?

No it's not just you.
I like many others thought we were getting a decent player who'd played at a higher level for his entire career and couldn't understand the sniggering coming from Dons fans I knew and the 'wait and see' attitude.
Bottom line is he's not a good goalkeeper.
It doesn't matter that he'll pull off the odd great save if he's going to keep giving the ball away and cancelling that good work out.
Also doesn't matter that he apologises on Twitter after each calamity and that he's obviously a nice guy.
He's a massive part of our on field problems right now and needs replaced.

The thing is, if Langfield doesn't make the worldly save five minutes before the goal and it goes in, and then doesn't make the error... we still lose and nobody blames him.

Funny old game. He is hopeless and needs to go right enough, have said that for more than a year now.

No it's not just you.
I like many others thought we were getting a decent player who'd played at a higher level for his entire career and couldn't understand the sniggering coming from Dons fans I knew and the 'wait and see' attitude.
Bottom line is he's not a good goalkeeper.
It doesn't matter that he'll pull off the odd great save if he's going to keep giving the ball away and cancelling that good work out.
Also doesn't matter that he apologises on Twitter after each calamity and that he's obviously a nice guy.
He's a massive part of our on field problems right now and needs replaced.

Don't get me wrong majority of team deserve the same treatment but for me he plays in such an important position in the team and he more than anyone in the team IMO makes more howlers than anyone I can remember playing for us

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

He pulled off a great save this afternoon, but if a keeper cannot do the basics, he is simply a liability.

There was absolutely no excuse for that brain fart today. He shouldn't play another match.

His decision making is truly awful and his kick outs are a constant source of frustration as he constantly f**ks them up, while increasing the already under pressure back line.

The problem is that the other keeper is actually an even more poor goal keeper.

a goalkeepers job is far harder than that of an outfield player. No one talking about Hardies miss from 5 yards today, an absolute sitter, or the many misplaced passes from numerous players. However, it goes without saying that altho Jamie may not want to acknowledge it, his time is up as far as goalkeeping for Saints.  He makes too many basic mistakes for a goalkeeper of his experience.

whats more worrying is how many MANAGERS pick him, even after calamity after calamity.  What is it they see we don`t ?  Leadership on the pitch? Game saving dives?

It is time for a change, the time is now. The team must become hard to beat , that starts with the goalie.  The defence don`t have confidence in him , although he appears super confident in his ball playing skills.  Now is the time for Jack Ross to take this team by the scruff of the neck and give it a right shake up, starting with dropping the keeper.

We wont be difficult to beat with Jamie in goals. Thanks for your efforts Jamie , but its time to move on or step back.

No one can excuse the mistake today but Id rather have an outfield player go in goal than Gallagher. 

He he played under Ross last season and he has preferred Langfield since he came in for a reason. First 3 January signings, keeper left back and a central midfielder. Anything after that is a bonus. 

For the first time ever I have decided to speak out negatively about an individual St Mirren player and we have had some over the years that I have been close to it but I can't bite my tongue with this guy.

Jamie Langfield has had a good career playing at the top level of our game but since he has come to us and in most games that he has started he had one too many howlers. Yes he has had a couple of decent games but overall he has been honking. A bomb scare and we have had more than a few dodgy goalkeepers over the years. Was at fault for the first goal midweek and today also. It is happening too often.

Please put Gallacher or Wilks in goals until January.

Jamie stick to the coaching buddie.

Is it just me?

Just shows u
How much folk on this talk pish. Put wilks in goal

I have just calmed down, for the last 4 hours I've been seething,like the OP I never boo or slate players BUT.

I've watched football for over 60 years I can never remember being so angry at one player.

I would say I feel sorry for Buddie in EK ,Alistair ,and my poor wife and Grandson for having to put up with me on the way home.

Sorry to my pals, 

He should never pull the jersey on again, sorry Jamie you will gain the respect of the fans if you chuck it honestly,but some of the nutters won't forgive you,

All for dropping Langfield, problem is Gallacher hasn't exactly covered himself in glory when he has played either. The mix-up between Him and Baird in the home game against Hibs comes instantly to mind and I think there have been a few in games I haven't been at.

The amount of goals Langfield has cost us with duff kicking is ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

All for dropping Langfield, problem is Gallacher hasn't exactly covered himself in glory when he has played either. The mix-up between Him and Baird in the home game against Hibs comes instantly to mind and I think there have been a few in games I haven't been at.

The amount of goals Langfield has cost us with duff kicking is ridiculous.

Indeed... but this wasn't a duff kick... it was a beautifully weighted pass straight to defeat!

Jamie Langfield has me puzzled.

He brings off some fantastic saves.

He makes some remakably stupid decisions for an experienced pro.

The manager has a difficult choice to make.

He does see the other contenders for the goalkeeping jersey day to day however.

It looks to me that the other goalkeepers on our books are not able to put Jamie Langfield's place in doubt.

January might be a good time to rectify that.

As I said elsewhere, this guy is totally done at professional level and would struggle to get a game semi pro in the juniors. A complete liability and he should have enough professional pride to admit as much tonight. If Ross persists with this imposter after today despite his understudy being shite too it smacks of weak management. Better still get both of them out the first team squad and start the third choice, can't be any worse !

2 hours ago, Debaser said:

No one can excuse the mistake today but Id rather have an outfield player go in goal than Gallagher. 

He he played under Ross last season and he has preferred Langfield since he came in for a reason. First 3 January signings, keeper left back and a central midfielder. Anything after that is a bonus. 

Why do you think we need a L/B ?