Jamie Langfield

9 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Was a bad taste joke. Which I apologised for right away. And my apology was sincere. I never meant it with any malice intended. Was more to do with the farce surrounding the goal on Saturday. Any offence caused again I apologise.

Don't worry Gary.....we've all said/posted things we wish we hadn't.

21 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Why the sarcastic response to my post ? The guy asked the question about what was said and I replied.

Even if he did apologise why did he feel the need to post the original tweet. He was well out of order. 

You were so offended, then you repeated it . :lol:

Pathetic.

Gary we all know Jamie made a terrible mistake and he knows it only too well.But on Saturday he was having a decent game and had a fantastic save from Fleming just before his howler.What about Hardie who missed a sitter or Sutton who had good chances to score in the first half.Christ we should have won that game by two or three goals.Fact is Jamie is our best keeper and for goodness sake you don't play over 400 games for Aberdeen unless you are good.A couple of seasons ago he had an absolutely fantastic game in Europe against a Dutch side and he was absolutely outstanding.I wish the fans would get off his back sincerely.I watched the abuse he took on Saturday from the Main Stand at time up and it was absolutely shocking mate.Christ we are all Saints fans lets show it.

Gary we all know Jamie made a terrible mistake and he knows it only too well.But on Saturday he was having a decent game and had a fantastic save from Fleming just before his howler.What about Hardie who missed a sitter or Sutton who had good chances to score in the first half.Christ we should have won that game by two or three goals.Fact is Jamie is our best keeper and for goodness sake you don't play over 400 games for Aberdeen unless you are good.A couple of seasons ago he had an absolutely fantastic game in Europe against a Dutch side and he was absolutely outstanding.I wish the fans would get off his back sincerely.I watched the abuse he took on Saturday from the Main Stand at time up and it was absolutely shocking mate.Christ we are all Saints fans lets show it.

I never once said anywhere that he had a bad game. And I agree at mo he is our best goalie. I was just commenting on his bad mistake for the goal. His save was outstanding even more so when you think he had nothing to do all day.

Looks like Jamie is being rested.

http://www.stmirren.com/news/matchday/match-previews/335-jack-ross-they-re-all-difficult-challenges

When you inherit a squad and a club mid-season you have to assess everything within it and one of the things that was obviously evident was that there hadn't been a settled number one throughout the season. I think allied to that, Jamie doing his dual-role while still wanting to be competing for the number one spot isn't the perfect scenario either.

"It's not a knee-jerk reaction on the back of Saturday," he added. "It's something that I discussed with Jamie when I first came into the job about how we re-structure things or look at things to try and get the most out of the goalkeepers we've got here at the moment. 

"We're going to bring someone in to do one or two days to help on the coaching side. But equally, having spoken to Jamie and Scott, Scott will have an opportunity to establish himself as first choice and it will allow Jamie to focus more on the coaching side and be supportive of him. That's not to say that's set in stone because Scott has an opportunity, he needs to go and perform. 

I don't think the situation was ideal and we've looked at what we can do to try and tweak things to get the most out the goalkeepers that we've got here."

5 hours ago, John Gotti said:

http://www.stmirren.com/news/matchday/match-previews/335-jack-ross-they-re-all-difficult-challenges

When you inherit a squad and a club mid-season you have to assess everything within it and one of the things that was obviously evident was that there hadn't been a settled number one throughout the season. I think allied to that, Jamie doing his dual-role while still wanting to be competing for the number one spot isn't the perfect scenario either.

"It's not a knee-jerk reaction on the back of Saturday," he added. "It's something that I discussed with Jamie when I first came into the job about how we re-structure things or look at things to try and get the most out of the goalkeepers we've got here at the moment. 

"We're going to bring someone in to do one or two days to help on the coaching side. But equally, having spoken to Jamie and Scott, Scott will have an opportunity to establish himself as first choice and it will allow Jamie to focus more on the coaching side and be supportive of him. That's not to say that's set in stone because Scott has an opportunity, he needs to go and perform. 

I don't think the situation was ideal and we've looked at what we can do to try and tweak things to get the most out the goalkeepers that we've got here."

No point in resting him when it appears the second choice goalie is in the wrong vocation as well.

I don't know how ready and able young Willison is but he has to be better than those two chancers. 

No point in resting him when it appears the second choice goalie is in the wrong vocation as well.

I don't know how ready and able young Willison is but he has to be better than those two chancers. 

I am happy for Gallacher to be given an extended run in the team until January. Then we can properly judge. He has been in and out the team which is no good for a keeper

I thought Gallacher was solid enough on Sunday, he didn't have too much to do but was capable enough. Don't know if I would be confident in him as a long term number one, but I think he should be given a run until January when, hopefully, we have a new keeper in.

On 11/13/2016 at 4:36 AM, John Gotti said:

Very diplomatic from JR there.