Kyle Magennis

shull

First time that I've seen this lad play.

He was outstanding for someone so young.

Always wants to go forward and shows plenty confidence and flair.

Great prospect , as is McAllister, who continues to impress.

THE END MAY NOT BE NIGH

8 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I was really impressed by Magennis today.This was my the first time I had seen him play.He barely wasted a ball all afternoon and has a great touch.I would say at this stage he has a wonderful future in the game and he is clearly an asset to us.

He.s just out of school and back from injury and is the most level headed kid out there.His family though are a shower of dafties.

Maybe its time for a radical approach to cure our downward spiral and field a team made up of the brightest of the U 20's complimented by those of a similar age and potential on loans and plucked from clubs below or around us?

what we are trying to do with the seasoned pro's is what Sevcontried and failed to win every league first time with. And what league were they found wanting in..? The Championship!

the game in this league moves too quickly for the seasoned pro's, and they are up against teams full of younger, fitter, faster teams all trying to prove they are worth a gig in the Premier league. Whereas our auld crocks know they aint going back that way, and are justvserving their time.

Macgennis and McCallister were the stand outs yesterday, i think they have shown us what we need to do, but we need to do it ASAP and give youth a chance, it is the definition of insanity to keep signing auld pro's and expect them to deliver better results.

who would back this, even if it means we go down fighting, but with the foundations set in stone for the future???

This is what is frustrating me. Our Academy lads are coming into the team, and playing really well, but it's the experienced players who are letting us down every week. I wouldn't be against playing the U20s against Ayr in the cup, just to see as a team what standard they are at.

This is what is frustrating me. Our Academy lads are coming into the team, and playing really well, but it's the experienced players who are letting us down every week. I wouldn't be against playing the U20s against Ayr in the cup, just to see as a team what standard they are at.

It's been the same as long as I can remember. We buy/sign some player with a reputation and experience of playing at a higher level but generally they are shite while a youngster comes through and shows them how it's done.

Danny Granger and Sean Kelly come to mind but there have been plenty others

Both youngsters did really well yesterday.  I enjoyed watching them and I have very high hopes for the pair of them.

Kyle Magennis comes with an added bonus.  He kept Kyle Hutton (one of the Alec Rae signed wasters stealing a wage and dragging us down) out the starting 11.  

I look forward to watching the two of them play regularly.  I never wish to see Kyle Hutton again.

Having seen the U20s a few times this season I'd expect Darren Whyte and Conor O'Keefe to start for the first team in the near future.

Darren yes. Conor not quite ready yet. Maybe next season for him. The 2 Kyles are outstanding young players. I hope we keep them in the 1st team. McAllister a wee bit injury prone but I'm sure he will get stronger.

Lost 2-0 at home to Dunfermline in the youth cup today and are currently 14th out of 17 in the league...

• 1 month later...

I have been really impressed with Magennis since he came into the squad, but what I saw on Tuesday night in Dumfries was a completely different level to what I'd seen before.

The QoS fans agreed, I got messages like this on twitter and some on facebook from Queens fans I know too.

He was amazing on Tuesday, long may it continue.

Hopefully McAllister next and I would like us to at least try and get Mallan committed longer too.

Absolutely delighted with this news. Very talented young man. I think there is no limit to how high in the game Kyle can go. also like every one else would love to see Mallan. Morgan. McAllistair and McLear all sign longer contracts. but also were forgetting Darren Whyte currently injured another fantastic young player who if it was not for injuries would be in the 1st team IMO.