Kyle Magennis

shull

23 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

He,s recovered from his injury and all thats missing is match fitness.I think Kyle will be flying after his under 21 stint and that will benefit us big time.Absolutely buzzing for him as i pointed out to my nephew that this time last year he was a youth team player.

Was going to post the exact same thing. What Kyle needs more than anything now is games - playing catchup with his match sharpness, but will hopefully be able to stay fresh and injury free from here on in. I've seen one or two mention he hasn't been at his level so far this season - he's played 157 minutes after over three months out injured ffs.

Fantastic to see him in the under 21s already.

Was going to post the exact same thing. What Kyle needs more than anything now is games - playing catchup with his match sharpness, but will hopefully be able to stay fresh and injury free from here on in. I've seen one or two mention he hasn't been at his level so far this season - he's played 157 minutes after over three months out injured ffs.
Fantastic to see him in the under 21s already.

I mentioned it and said its understandable. It's not a criticism merely an observation.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Stu said:

A cynical person would suggest we managed to get Magennis into the squad so that we could have today's league game called off and not be forced to play without Morgan and Smith...

Not at all.

I heard that part of our deal with the SFA using our ground for matches requires the SFA to call up three of our players when we've got difficult matches.

• 1 month later...

Could young Kyle be our answer to the shouts for a tough tackling midfielder?

I remember people saying his natural position is central midfield and will maybe fill in the coming weeks should McGinn and McShane get injured or suspended.

Injured both McMullen and Flood last night so obviously not shy in the tackle.

Loved that interception in front of West Bank with minutes to go when he charged in and kicked the ball into touch preventing a United attack. Got the West bank on their feet.

I remember people saying his natural position is central midfield and will maybe fill in the coming weeks should McGinn and McShane get injured or suspended.

Loved that interception in front of West Bank with minutes to go when he charged in and kicked the ball into touch preventing a United attack. Got the West bank on their feet.

Was lucky to still be on the pitch according to a buddie that was watching it on BT.

Great wee player.

8 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

Might have been sent off, if his name was Goodwin. :rolleyes:

Edited by pod

On 12/30/2017 at 9:17 AM, Mr Zo said:

Pretty much my thoughts David.

He was originally a CM but Davie Longwell put him out wide in the Under 20s.

I dont think hes fully utilised out wide although he does a very good job there.

He has a natural tendency to want to take a man on and get in behind defences and most definetly doesnt mind a tackle.

So for me putting him central makes us  stronger.

Nothing against McShane but i think as a team with Kyle in his place in  the middle we are a better team.

Chris Sutton, in his usual over the top sensationalist manner, said on TV that Magennis was 'lucky to stay on the pitch'. How he's a pundit I'll never know. From seeing it close up in the ground and watching it later on the TV, I thought it might have been a yellow card for leaving his foot in, but never a red. There was no malice in the tackle, despite the fact it was perpetrated on McMullan, that wee useless craitur who spent some time with us and did the sum total of absolutely nothing.

As one of the people who've been crying out for some strength in midfield, I wouldn't be averse to trying Kyle in there. He certainly seems to have the heart for it.

Have not posted on this site for some time due to the roasters that are regular contributors. Felt compelled to say something regarding Kyle Magennis challenge. First thing I should say, McMullan is a horrible, wee, diving, chancer that did nothing for us. 

The posters on this thread saying that Magennis did not deserve a red card should be sin binned for life. McMullan slides in, goes to ground but with the front of his leg showing, studs away from Magennis. Kyle, goes in, studs showing, leg almost straight (protecting himself) and catches McMullan on leg who was lucky his leg wasn't snapped as his leg was not planted. All the experts, who have played football at a high level, agreed he should have been sent off. I totally agree. I love Magennis by the way. Potential superstar for us. I just grinds me the blinkered dimwits that come on here and defend everything St.Mirren that is sometimes indefensible. Also, Elvis is a good laugh. Everyone gets worked up at his posts. He is a pantomime villain that we shouldn't take seriously. I love his daft posts and adds a bit of colour to a one sided forum where everyone is totally biased. Stop calling him a dick and embrace his light hearted nonsense. You too Faraway Saint, who I regard as one of the most honest, centred posters on here. Hoof Hearted, I genuinely have sympathy for you and hope you are getting the help you obviously need. 

Have not posted on this site for some time due to the roasters that are regular contributors. Felt compelled to say something regarding Kyle Magennis challenge. First thing I should say, McMullan is a horrible, wee, diving, chancer that did nothing for us. 
The posters on this thread saying that Magennis did not deserve a red card should be sin binned for life. McMullan slides in, goes to ground but with the front of his leg showing, studs away from Magennis. Kyle, goes in, studs showing, leg almost straight (protecting himself) and catches McMullan on leg who was lucky his leg wasn't snapped as his leg was not planted. All the experts, who have played football at a high level, agreed he should have been sent off. I totally agree. I love Magennis by the way. Potential superstar for us. I just grinds me the blinkered dimwits that come on here and defend everything St.Mirren that is sometimes indefensible. Also, Elvis is a good laugh. Everyone gets worked up at his posts. He is a pantomime villain that we shouldn't take seriously. I love his daft posts and adds a bit of colour to a one sided forum where everyone is totally biased. Stop calling him a dick and embrace his light hearted nonsense. You too Faraway Saint, who I regard as one of the most honest, centred posters on here. Hoof Hearted, I genuinely have sympathy for you and hope you are getting the help you obviously need. 

You’re totally correct with the pantomime villain shout, but also totally wrong with the red card shout.
McMullan (diving chancer indeed) went to ground too easily and it was pretty much only Kyles momentum that forced him into the challenge, if you can even call it a challenge. He had every right to go for the ball, and there was no malice whatsoever. Ref called it spot on, don’t listen to Chris Sutton he’s a diddy.

9 minutes ago, DWBud said:

You’re totally correct with the pantomime villain shout, but also totally wrong with the red card shout.
McMullan (diving chancer indeed) went to ground too easily and it was pretty much only Kyles momentum that forced him into the challenge, if you can even call it a challenge. He had every right to go for the ball, and there was no malice whatsoever. Ref called it spot on, don’t listen to Chris Sutton he’s a diddy.

I think Chris Sutton is the biggest arse that is on our telly but I honestly cannot believe that you think this is not a red card. I was working on Friday night and could not attend. Watched game on Saturday with 4 other mates. There wasn't even a debate. If that is not a red card then I don't know what is. Do you think if McMullan perpetrated that tackle on Lewis Morgan, all the fans on this site would be saying " Lewis got what he deserved." Lewis went to ground too easily and McMullan's momentum carried him into the challenge if you could call it a challenge. No, I don't think so. Everyone would be going berserk. That is why I hate forums to be honest. It is just a totally one sided view of everything. I should stay clear but it is like a scab that you can't help picking at.