Kyle Magennis

shull

4 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

Never read such utter nonsense.

You know nothing about the decisions Lewis made about his career path that helped St. Mirren.

Nobody really knows anything on here. 

Guesswork mostly. 

He could easily have signed an extension with no harm to himself. 

10 hours ago, Jack the lad said:

Great news re Kyle, but I still expect him to move to Sunderland, some time soon.

My guess would be next season. why would he take a backward step to the third tier in England?

That is of course if Jack can get them promoted !!

I wonder if young players are finally having second thoughts about jumping at the first offer that comes in from England.  While John McGinn, Kenny McLean and Lewis Morgan were playing for Scotland in Peru and Mexico, Kyle McAllister and Stevie Mallan are preparing for another season of reserve or U23 football in the second and third tiers of England.  Our new big centre back also reportedly turned down Middlesborough to have a shot at first team football up here.

It would appear to me - for players at that stage of development - a year or two of first team football in Scotland is much more valuable than kicking your heels in England, no matter how much bigger your pay packet is in the short-term.

7 hours ago, FTOF said:

That would have sufficed.:wink:

On 6/22/2018 at 4:15 PM, FTOF said:

Maybe someone will start a thread to abuse the guy throughout the season.

On the other hand, no true St.Mirren supporter could be that vindictive against an employee of the club..............................

Come on now.

Name names and show evidence of abuse.

1 hour ago, saintargyll said:

My guess would be next season. why would he take a backward step to the third tier in England?

That is of course if Jack can get them promoted !!

Dunno about Kyle, but I guess, most players chase the money not the highest possible League.

One small example, those who signed for Gretna in the Lower Leagues.

4 hours ago, shull said:

Guesswork mostly. 

Yeah, you'll be right.

Nobody on here will know anyone in Lewis's circle of friends and family.

Where's that ignore button?

19 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

Yeah, you'll be right.

Nobody on here will know anyone in Lewis's circle of friends and family.

Where's that ignore button?

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Mine too.

An online equivalent of Imodium might help.

Feeble 

Ta ta :lol: :byebye

4 hours ago, shull said:

Guesswork mostly. 

He could just as easily have let his contract run down and probably had his pick of clubs in England looking at him for buttons as a fee and potentially more wages as they'd have been falling over one another to sign him up. 

10 minutes ago, shull said:

Aye, he can do whatever his Agent advises him to do. 

Just a pity he did. 

And cost us money. 

I really shouldn't, but if Morgan had stayed with us for an other 2 years, that could have cost him £500K in wages based on him getting 1K a week with us or 6K a week with Celtic. If he had stayed with us, he could have ended up with an career finishing injury like the Celtic coach Kennedy and been lost to the game. Every player have to make their own choice either to chase the money or not.

3 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I really shouldn't, but if Morgan had stayed with us for an other 2 years, that could have cost him £500K in wages based on him getting 1K a week with us or 6K a week with Celtic. If he had stayed with us, he could have ended up with an career finishing injury like the Celtic coach Kennedy and been lost to the game. Every player have to make their own choice either to chase the money or not.

You shouldn't have. :lol:

He could have signed, say a 2 year extension. 

He would still have been transferred this summer, I am guessing. 

For around a million pounds and not a pishy 300 grand. 

He wouldn't be staying another 2 years. 

All guesswork on my part. 

3 minutes ago, shull said:

You shouldn't have. :lol:

He could have signed, say a 2 year extension. 

He would still have been transferred this summer, I am guessing. 

For around a million pounds and not a pishy 300 grand. 

He wouldn't be staying another 2 years. 

All guesswork on my part. 

Best you just stick to what you are good at and that is putting old photos of football grounds and buildings on the forum, thus avoiding any guesswork damaging your brain  :double   Here to help  :booty

3 hours ago, renfrew said:

Best you just stick to what you are good at and that is putting old photos of football grounds and buildings on the forum, thus avoiding any guesswork damaging your brain  :double   Here to help  :booty

So you agree with me but you can't admit it. 

That's a guess tae. 

4 hours ago, renfrew said:

Bobby Reid

Norrie McWhirther

Chris Kerr

All above would agree with you

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, DumboBud said:

Kyle can go into be a cracking player but for a fan of my generation to see Norrie referenced in the same thread is difficult. 

Norrie was destined for a far higher level than St Mirren. 

Kyle needs to move on, get a fresh start and hopefully fulfill his potential, fresh start could do him world of good. Has been a passenger for last few years.