Kyle Magennis

shull

Would take money in a minute. Under performer who has fulfilled his early promise. Injury prone now and career going back the way, time to cut loses. Only problem wouldn't give Goodwin a single penny to spend...

2 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

I'd imagine most players would see that as a positive move.

More money, better players, better manager............................what's not to like? 

.......and a manager whom he knows well and with whom he has worked successfully in the past. 

Kyle must surely be very interested in this move. If not, he would be a very unusual professional footballer.

However, Ross is taking a chance, given Kyle's recent long spell out due to injury. Even before that, I think most people who saw Kyle regularly would agree that he wasn't producing the goods as regularly as he did in previous seasons.

If Hibs try again, we should probably take money for Kyle, rather than wait till January when he can sign a pre-contract and leave for nothing. Any money received for him could perhaps go towards signing a player who might help us get out of our present predicament.

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

Substantial?

I would say half a million,plus add ons,is a substantial amount for Kyle.

Get him sold before he walks.

It would have to be , considering we would receive a development fee even if he does sit it out all season !

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

Substantial?

Cant see there being any chance Hibs would be offering that kind of cash, especially in the current climate. 

I'd imagine it would be a similar amount to what they paid for John McGinn. 

A 300k plus a healthy % of any future transfer would probably tempt the board, although I dont think Hibs would pay that either. 

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Cant see there being any chance Hibs would be offering that kind of cash, especially in the current climate. 

I'd imagine it would be a similar amount to what they paid for John McGinn. 

A 300k plus a healthy % of any future transfer would probably tempt the board, although I dont think Hibs would pay that either. 

Don't know how much exactly the development fee would be , but I think McGinn was around 230k , which means we're probably looking at the same for Magennis. So , if any bid is only around 300k , we're probably as well holding onto  him for now !

3 hours ago, HSS said:

Substantial?

Half a million was exactly the figure I had in mind as being acceptable.

Don’t think I’d be putting much emphasis on a sell on as I don’t believe Kyle is in the same category as Meatball.

3 hours ago, billyg said:

Don't know how much exactly the development fee would be , but I think McGinn was around 230k , which means we're probably looking at the same for Magennis. So , if any bid is only around 300k , we're probably as well holding onto  him for now !

Thing is though,  he can sign a pre contract for Hibs or anyone else come January and all we'll get is the development fee. Getting a healthy % of a future fee might be tempting to cash in just now. 

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Would love to see him prove me wrong, but I can’t see Kyle following in Meatballs footsteps and making it to the riches of the EPL.

Agree for me John McGinn is the best player St Mirren have produced since the early 80's and I include Lambert in that.

As soon as I saw McGinn I thought he was top drawer

Magennis is a top player though with huge potential. If he can stay fit and get a good season behind him he has the ability to go right to the top also. 

Edited by lenziebud

I think I must be a wee bit “Magennis blind”.

When I think Magennis I think a decent, hard working box to box midfielder who pops up with the odd goal now and again. I don’t see a “star” player at all. Also whatever his potential may be, he has yet to prove it at any sort of level. 
That said, too many people think he’s a top notch player for all of them to be wrong and me right.

For me, if JR wants to give us a wad of cash for him, then I say bite his hand off. 

I think I must be a wee bit “Magennis blind”.

When I think Magennis I think a decent, hard working box to box midfielder who pops up with the odd goal now and again. I don’t see a “star” player at all. Also whatever his potential may be, he has yet to prove it at any sort of level. 

That said, too many people think he’s a top notch player for all of them to be wrong and me right.

For me, if JR wants to give us a wad of cash for him, then I say bite his hand off. 

Wad a cash is no good to us if its last min. No time to bring new players. Players we badly need.

We don't need a 20 goal a season striker in. There's no striker out there who would score 20 a season in this team.

We need a player or two players who can create or contribute to several meaningful and incisive attacks per match. The sort of players who will pull defenders out of position, have a bit of ball retention and put passes in areas that attackers like to get on the end of rather than feeding off of scraps.

Until we get that, we'll not score goals regardless of who is up top.