Kyle Magennis

shull

We don't need a 20 goal a season striker in. There's no striker out there who would score 20 a season in this team.
We need a player or two players who can create or contribute to several meaningful and incisive attacks per match. The sort of players who will pull defenders out of position, have a bit of ball retention and put passes in areas that attackers like to get on the end of rather than feeding off of scraps.
Until we get that, we'll not score goals regardless of who is up top.
I think McGrath and Connolly could do the above. However at the moment one doesn't get a game and the other is either playing out of position or covering for a shit midfield.

Cammy has to start in midfield and we have to play narrower as the wide players have little impact as they are too wide and too deep and two of them are rubbish. Flynn's return will help.

Back lack of defensive cover, just like last season, is a monumental error disrupting the whole team.

1 minute ago, Ethan said:

Bit too early to say that about Connolly

For me , the early indications are that he will leave plenty defenders behind in a race for the ball , then won't know what to do with it once he's got it . Any write-ups from previous clubs suggest he's a bit of a headless chicken !

2 hours ago, billyg said:

For me , the early indications are that he will leave plenty defenders behind in a race for the ball , then won't know what to do with it once he's got it . Any write-ups from previous clubs suggest he's a bit of a headless chicken !

He did OK against Dundee Utd. Second top scorer and he hasn't even started a game. :)  The guy deserves a chance. Morias and McAllister have had over a year of chances and failed.

4 hours ago, billyg said:

McGrath is hiding more and more , and although Connolly is a speed merchant , I don't think he has it in his locker to beat a defender and feed a striker . 

McGrath has basically did nothing in a Saints jersey...shows the odd flash but doesnt do anything to merit a place along with about 6 others.

1 hour ago, God of war said:

Ffs, nothing like playing up to board when your jacket hanging by a thread. Can see right through u Goodwin.

Nonsense.

It’s just as much a reminder to the lad that the club has invested in him to bring him back to his full potential, in order to reward the club and fans with fab fitba.

3 hours ago, antrin said:

Nonsense.

It’s just as much a reminder to the lad that the club has invested in him to bring him back to his full potential, in order to reward the club and fans with fab fitba.

You obviously know nothing about Goodwin and the way he operates. 

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:
16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
Bid accepted and currently in Edinburgh getting a medical according to the usually reliable Scott Burns.

If true think that will be the end of my St.Mirren watching time. Disgraceful.

That's a bit silly.  We've lost far better players than Kyle before,  and for nothing. 

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:
17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
Bid accepted and currently in Edinburgh getting a medical according to the usually reliable Scott Burns.

Bit OTT mate, worse things have happened, players out of contract soon, has asked to speak to hibs, injury prone. I want to keep him but it’s not the end of the world, if rumours are true I’d be happy with replacement, and of course a decent bit of money, seen people saying Motherwell got a few mil for turnbull, turnbull is an established premiership player, Kyle is not. If he goes, all the best to him, I’ll be gutted, but I won’t stop supporting the buds. 

That's a bit silly.  We've lost far better players than Kyle before,  and for nothing. 

It isn't just that. That was just final nail. Club is badly run. Fans are just pound signs. Recruitment has been dreadful. Goody's tactics are woeful. Players like Morias gets picked and and better players sit on the bench. In facts there's better players in the u20 team. We seem to Hibs feeder club. Utterly disgraceful.

34 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
49 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You’ve never said that before on here...

36 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
51 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Will you still walk yer dug outside the stadium?