Kyle Magennis

shull

41 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
57 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
Bid accepted and currently in Edinburgh getting a medical according to the usually reliable Scott Burns.

If true think that will be the end of my St.Mirren watching time. Disgraceful.

You can come with me and the wean to the Skatepark on a Saturday if you have chucked the soccer.

I will buy you a cuppa and a Tunnock's Teacake. :thumbsup

Just now, shull said:

Seriously, we have won a watch.

Kyle is a decent player but I feel he is injury prone.

Hope not for the boy's sake.

Depends on how much we're talking. If it gets 2 or 3 decent additions in before the end of the window it's a win given we don't know how he'll recover from the injury.

On 9/3/2020 at 1:32 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

A brief digression if I may (and I’m not specifically having a pop at SPS here).

Where did this current penchant for using the word “alluded” come from? Don’t get me wrong, in context it’s a perfectly acceptable word, but nevertheless it’s one that previously no f**ker would have used and now everyone seems to be using it, particularly pundits.

The point of this post is to ask the above question as well as mentioning two points of order.

Firstly it is often misspelt as eluded (as SPS has done above). This means to escape from something. 
Secondly it is almost always used out of context. It means to hint at something or mention something indirectly. However, it is almost always used incorrectly to indicate that someone has simply said something. No no no no no.

Here endeth today’s lesson. As always, here to help. 

Allude is a word with playful roots,  It comes from the Latin "alludere", which means to play with, and shares the root of Latin ludere (to play) with other words in the English language such as ludicrous and delude.

So in answer to your question I shall pose you a question

What did the Romans ever do for us?  What did the Romans ever do indeed?

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:
Bid accepted and currently in Edinburgh getting a medical according to the usually reliable Scott Burns.

If true think that will be the end of my St.Mirren watching time. Disgraceful.

From what is reported Gary, when Kyle knew interest from Hibs was there after a couple of bids were rejected, he was keen to speak to JR about a move. When a player makes noises about a move and is stalling on a contract thats been offered by our club, there is not much more you can do. It's a decent move for him and with being out for say what 9 months and already been out for a length period before that in his career, that move may not come around again any time soon. 

Look at McAllister, we actually sold him with a re-occurring injury. Derby tidied that up, he never reached the heights and he's back with us not any fitter, or the player he looked like being.

Edited by kevo_smfc

22 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Prove that you know any better.

What i know will stay with me, 

Bye Kyle, great unfulfilled potential..take Morias, Sheron, Mcallister, Durmus, McGrath, McCarthy, Erahon, Morias and that utter clown Goodwin with u please...

47 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Allude is a word with playful roots,  It comes from the Latin "alludere", which means to play with, and shares the root of Latin ludere (to play) with other words in the English language such as ludicrous and delude.

So in answer to your question I shall pose you a question

What did the Romans ever do for us?  What did the Romans ever do indeed?

Thank you for that added context Thomas you old scallywag.

I’ll tell you what the Romans did for us. They built a wall to separate us from England. 
In a political if not literal sense, I wish they’d come back and rebuild that wall! 

I'm with the majority on this, it looks like he wants to go and he's still recovering from injury add on time to get match sharp. If we can strengthen our problem areas ASAP then it's gotta be a good deal for us - providing we're getting more than the compo would've been in the summer.

Good luck Kyle with the usual exception....

2 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Given his injury history, if he wants to go, then goodbye and good luck. We could do with the cash to strengthen the squad where it needs it. Of course, there's no guarantee that JG will get the cash or even if he does, will he spend it wisely.

STOP pointing out the likely reality!!

In my heid , it’s all a field of dreams....

even at Pittodrie.

0-2

:)

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, HSS said:
Will you still walk yer dug outside the stadium?

I live next to it. Where do you want me to walk the dog. "Hamilton". Numpty.

Next to it 😂

Just now, bazil85 said:

If the "six figure sum" is true I'll be bitterly disappointed. Worth more to us playing this season than a six figure sum. At the very least there should be a considerable sell-on as well. 

Do you think Kyle is worth a seven figure sum?