Kyle Magennis

shull

1 minute ago, slapsalmon said:

That's not an answer to the question he asked. 

Yes I think he's worth (at least) £1 million plus big add ons. Anything under the early £1 mil mark, I'd rather keep him. 

Kyle is a risk and reward type player, struggled with injuries but if he stays fit he could have a very successful career in football, with a £1 million transfer looking like chicken feed. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Yes I think he's worth (at least) £1 million plus big add ons. Anything under the early £1 mil mark, I'd rather keep him. 

Kyle is a risk and reward type player, struggled with injuries but if he stays fit he could have a very successful career in football, with a £1 million transfer looking like chicken feed. 

Wasnt so hard now was it. 

Can't see anyone paying anywhere near 1mil when he's injured and can sign a pre contract in January, regardless of what his value is perceived as. 

2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

We are a shambles at this with our youngsters always sold on the cheap and never tie them down earlier on longer deals.

Magennis signed a three year deal in 2016, and was then contracted until 2021.

He was never going to stay beyond 2021.

It's to the club's credit that we tied him down so long and have, if the stories are true, received a fee in excess of the development fee we would have received next June.

2 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Wasnt so hard now was it. 

Can't see anyone paying anywhere near 1mil when he's injured and can sign a pre contract in January, regardless of what his value is perceived as. 

The question was ultimately answered, if you couldn't work out the lower level of my valuation with the "six figure" comment that's on you. 

I agree, what I value him at and what ultimately happens in football don't need to correlate. I am still going to be disappointed if we only get six figures for him and didn't decide instead to keep him for the season.

What would you accept?

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Magennis signed a three year deal in 2016, and was then contracted until 2021.

He was never going to stay beyond 2021.

It's to the club's credit that we tied him down so long and have, if the stories are true, received a fee in excess of the development fee we would have received next June.

We wouldn't likely get anything for him next year because I believe he hits the age limit in August and a team will just wait. regardless, I would rather have him here for the rest of the season than any six figure sum. If he has a successful career down the line and moves for money, we still get development money, like with McGinn for example. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

We wouldn't likely get anything for him next year because I believe he hits the age limit in August and a team will just wait. regardless, I would rather have him here for the rest of the season than any six figure sum. If he has a successful career down the line and moves for money, we still get development money, like with McGinn for example. 

An even better deal then.

Get a match fit midfielder and a defender in before the deadline and we're sorted.

Anything less than £500,000 and a sell on fee (which it will be), then we may aswell shut the academy - what is the point in producing million pound players and getting a development fee every time?
Hibs are shutting theirs as they can just sign our graduates. A lot cheaper for them.

21 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Anything less than £500,000 and a sell on fee (which it will be), then we may aswell shut the academy - what is the point in producing million pound players and getting a development fee every time?

Million pound players? Few and far between, I'm afraid. Even though our academy does a good job, we don't see many who come anywhere near that figure.

Anything close to 500k plus a sell on fee then we should bite the hands off. Kyle is not the saviour of our season. He is a good player but often doesnt deliver. There will be better loan deals to be had on deadline day. Move him on and get defensive cover and a playmaker in. 

4 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
Bid accepted and currently in Edinburgh getting a medical according to the usually reliable Scott Burns.

If true think that will be the end of my St.Mirren watching time. Disgraceful.

No it won't. You are as much a part of the club as free beans with your pie. Statements like that are taken with the same seriousness as a 5 year old announcing they are leaving home.

39 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Million pound players? Few and far between, I'm afraid. Even though our academy does a good job, we don't see many who come anywhere near that figure.

Davie Longwell did a good job. It will be interesting to see what the future brings once the last of his players are away.

This is how I look at it. Kyle is out of contract next summer and can sign a pre-contract with a club from January. We receive a development fee of around 200-300k.

Club were holding out hope they could get him to sign a new deal, though as soon as Hibs submitted their first and second bids, Kyle as reports say, he was keen to speak to Hibs. As soon as a player does that he has made it clear that he sees his future elsewhere.

I can't see the club selling for any less than dev fee unless there was a hefty sell-on fee included.

I also believe that the club will already have targets that may have been prepped for January we may approach now.

Players have to take a chance when it comes, it's a short career and anything can happen. Moving to a top 4 club under a man he can trust and work well with. I really do wish him well and like Jack Ross and Paul McGinn, I hold no grudges.

Edited by kevo_smfc

9 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

This is how I look at it. Kyle is out of contract next summer and can sign a pre-contract with a club from January. We receive a development fee of around 200-300k.

Club were holding out hope they could get him to sign a new deal, though as soon as Hibs submitted their first and second bids, Kyle as reports say, he was keen to speak to Hibs. As soon as a player does that he has made it clear that he sees his future elsewhere.

I can't see the club selling for any less than dev fee unless there was a hefty sell-on fee included.

I also believe that the club will already have targets that may have been prepped for January we may approach now.

Players have to take a chance when it comes, it's a short career and anything can happen. Moving to a top 4 club under a man he can trust and work well with. I really do wish him well and like Jack Ross and Paul McGinn, I hold no grudges.

Players can also help their club. Kyle could sign a year extension to allow Saints to get a better fee. Not something our lot do. No more badge kissing please.

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Anything close to 500k plus a sell on fee then we should bite the hands off. Kyle is not the saviour of our season. He is a good player but often doesnt deliver. There will be better loan deals to be had on deadline day. Move him on and get defensive cover and a playmaker in. 

Likely £150,000 with sell ons.