Kyle Magennis

shull

2 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Million pound players? Few and far between, I'm afraid. Even though our academy does a good job, we don't see many who come anywhere near that figure.

McGinn & McLean both valued at that amount. Morgan and Magennis also both have potential to go for that kind of figure in the future.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

IIRC Mcgennis hasn't played a single minute of league football for us so far this season, so it's difficult to regard his likely departure as a blow.

Had he been fit he would have played every minute and the assumption is he would have made us less shit. Plus he is our Captain and been with us since a boy. Plus going to that 🐍 Ross probably for washers because the player has undermined the Club by saying he wants to go and overall its a blow.

It isn't just that. That was just final nail. Club is badly run. Fans are just pound signs. Recruitment has been dreadful. Goody's tactics are woeful. Players like Morias gets picked and and better players sit on the bench. In facts there's better players in the u20 team. We seem to Hibs feeder club. Utterly disgraceful.

Dear oh dear Santaponsa! Had it been McPherson I would’ve been more concerned. We need a couple of defenders pronto by Monday. If we’ve received £250/£300K then fair enough

Wasnt so hard now was it. 

Can't see anyone paying anywhere near 1mil when he's injured and can sign a pre contract in January, regardless of what his value is perceived as. 
I think he means £999,999 is too little but he would take £1,000,001.

No it won't. You are as much a part of the club as free beans with your pie. Statements like that are taken with the same seriousness as a 5 year old announcing they are leaving home.

1 thing. Since the stadium opened I've never bought any of the over priced shite on offer at pie stalls. And I live 5 mins from the ground I can have lunch before I leave for the game. Plus as my other bus members will tell you I've been not happy going to games for a while. And this behind closed doors games has made me realise I dont need it. But I still want them to win.

I like Kyle.

his skill, determination, attitude (and goals) have endeared him to me.  + he’s a Buddie.

i had hoped he might heal quickly and be back to join the top league survival saga.

But if he is going for a reasonable price - and with ambition he SHOULD be looking for such opportunities to grow and develop - I wish him well in his future forays.

all the unqualified carping about the fee Saints might or might not receive seems to forget that Saints have been without paying punters for some time. That’s a wee problem.

Our Covid world is under severe financial stress.  Football is not immune.  If money is to be made from players, better now than when the arse falls out of the market.

(which I thought it already had, so ANY decent sum for an injured player is a great deal.)

players and mangers come and go, St Mirren endures.

Whoever recruits our strikers should go. Consistently crap, Not since Thompson have we had a decent hit man. Obika doesn’t look as if he wants the ball. He runs after it half hearted in the hope he doesn’t get it then panics if he does as for Morias he has done nothing since he came. Too many passengers in the team

31 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

The only thing that will soften the blow is getting a couple of new players in to replace kyle, Looks like we need some extra players when we only have 3 outfield players on the bench,

I don’t think they will get any new players in with the money. It will be used to help the club survive the season. Revenue is way down and there doesn’t appear to be a return of fans anytime soon. I can see some clubs folding. 

4 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I don’t think they will get any new players in with the money. It will be used to help the club survive the season. Revenue is way down and there doesn’t appear to be a return of fans anytime soon. I can see some clubs folding. 

I get what you say but going down severely cuts our revenue even further, at least one in would help for the rest of the campaign.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

27 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Tend to agree but odd that Dundee  Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United not giving a flying f**k.