Kyle Magennis

shull

I understand your thoughts but we already have TV Revenue and Season Ticket Money think around 3k sold so we should be better than fake Saints Livi and Accies I would imagine we are fairly prudent re running costs factoring in for the moment no fans allowed we most definitely need strengthening or it could be pretty dire.

I get what you say but going down severely cuts our revenue even further, at least one in would help for the rest of the campaign.

59 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Caption competition. What's Ross saying?

JR and JG.jpg

Jim - The fans are seeing you for what you are Jack they have a new nickname for you.. Jack the Rat 

Jack- No way they love me.. did you see the bus load of them at Sunderland after I dropped them in the shit,

Oh Jim !!  have you got young Ethan's number forgot to send him some birthday wishes 

Jim- not on me Jack but i've got big John's and Lee Erwin's numbers here it's their birthday's next week 

If a club see the potential in a player normally they would offer a contract before they enter their last season so the club have breathing space to negotiate a decent transfer deal if it emerges.  If the player refuses to sign then the club won't play him and put him on the transfer list, concentrate on the existing squad and develop a player in his place.

It appears in the past with prominent players this has not been the case and the club sees players leave for next to nothing.

4 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
6 minutes ago, Sonny said:
True. However all these Clubs are backed by millionaires.

Hibs sacked their kit man to save money. So how does that work. Gordon Scott is also a multi millionaire.

They sacked their kit man and have spent £500,000 on transfers. How does that work?

In June, Hibs made three coaches redundant with Colin Nish, Lee Makel and Grant Murray all leaving the club.

They then asked all players to take a year long pay cut as they were in financial difficulty and facing hard choices to protect their future.

They have since spent around half a million buying players!

Surely this cannot go unchallenged?

As soon as Hibs expressed an interest, Magennis' head would have been turned.

Manager he has a very good relationship with, who gave him his debut - Check

Bigger team - Check.

Better future career prospects (See John McGinn) - Check

Significantly larger wages and better financial security if his recovery from injury doesn't run as smoothly as it should - Check.

Playing for team at the top end of the league - Check.

We would have had to offer him the equivalent of the crown jewels for him to stay IMO.

If Erhahon and MacPherson continue to impress, then maybe he might not be missed as much.

A couple of signings before Monday are a must.

Of course, much of this becomes null and void if he fails his medical.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12088849/goodwin-frustrated-over-magennis-sale

According to JG, he has signed.

Edited by FTOF

5 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Caption competition. What's Ross saying?

JR and JG.jpg

Magennis?  Me?  Naw!

McCarthy?  Naw...

MacPherson...?  Naw...

McGrath?  Naw!

McAlister? Naw!

Morias, McMaster and the other lad, McAlister?

Mmmmm?

Naw, naw, naw, naw, naw...

I could understand the anger and unrest if Magennis had actually been playing, bossing games, chipping in with goals........ but he’s not, and no guarantee that when fit he actually could. He’s better going now and the club getting cash, than walking away for at the end of the season.

42 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I could understand the anger and unrest if Magennis had actually been playing, bossing games, chipping in with goals........ but he’s not, and no guarantee that when fit he actually could. He’s better going now and the club getting cash, than walking away for at the end of the season.

Depends really on how the money is redistributed, he'll be on a decent wage being the club captain and a decent sized transfer fee incoming means that we will surely be busy on Monday you'd think. 

2 or 3 good players in, in the form of defensive cover, a playmaker and a wide creative type and this won't be an issue. 

8 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I’m not so sure about 2 or 3 players in on Monday , Jim didn’t look too pleased about losing Kyle so I think that if he was happy to sell and get the money for players he would have been ok with it.

There's not a chance that the board won't appease Goodwin by releasing some funds for a couple of signings.

Whether they're signed before the deadline or not is another matter.

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Depends really on how the money is redistributed, he'll be on a decent wage being the club captain and a decent sized transfer fee incoming means that we will surely be busy on Monday you'd think. 

2 or 3 good players in, in the form of defensive cover, a playmaker and a wide creative type and this won't be an issue. 

Not too sure about his wages. He didn't renew his contract so I would think his financial arrangements wouldn't have changed. That's where St. Mirren, and or Goodwin, made the mistake. They should never have made him captain if he was stalling on signing a new contract.