Kyle Magennis

shull

34 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Not too sure about his wages. He didn't renew his contract so I would think his financial arrangements wouldn't have changed. That's where St. Mirren, and or Goodwin, made the mistake. They should never have made him captain if he was stalling on signing a new contract.

Stmirren have a habit of creating these PR disasters 

On 10/2/2020 at 5:54 PM, FTOF said:

An even better deal then.

Get a match fit midfielder and a defender in before the deadline and we're sorted.

Hopefully, seems like the best we can hope for. Ideally some sort of RB/LB & CB cover would be good. Maybe two players that can cover the three positions. 

Time for this gutless board move on. And take kibble with them. All they do is sell our best young players for a pittance. They have probably done the same deal as John McGinn. Sorry to say this Magennis is a good player. But he's no John McGinn. They need players in NOW or say hello to the championship. Then they'll know about losing money. No ambition. Whole club is rotten to the core. No wonder Goody is sick of it. Wouldn't surprise me if he resigned.

From OS ...

St Mirren Football Club firmly believes in carrying out business in the correct manner and keeping fans accurately informed, as such the club can confirm that it has today reluctantly agreed a deal with Hibernian Football Club for the transfer of Kyle Magennis.

The club had been working for over a year on a new deal for Kyle and offered him a new four-year deal on improved terms, however, it became increasingly clear that Kyle saw his future away from St Mirren. After the initial approaches from Hibernian were rejected, Kyle made it clear to the club his desire to move. With this in mind the club made the difficult decision to accept an improved offer and allow Kyle to make the move.

The club shares the disappointment that the fans and all connected with St Mirren will be feeling with this news.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Kyle for all the contributions he made in his time at St Mirren and wish him the very best for his future.

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

From OS ...

St Mirren Football Club firmly believes in carrying out business in the correct manner and keeping fans accurately informed, as such the club can confirm that it has today reluctantly agreed a deal with Hibernian Football Club for the transfer of Kyle Magennis.

The club had been working for over a year on a new deal for Kyle and offered him a new four-year deal on improved terms, however, it became increasingly clear that Kyle saw his future away from St Mirren. After the initial approaches from Hibernian were rejected, Kyle made it clear to the club his desire to move. With this in mind the club made the difficult decision to accept an improved offer and allow Kyle to make the move.

The club shares the disappointment that the fans and all connected with St Mirren will be feeling with this news.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Kyle for all the contributions he made in his time at St Mirren and wish him the very best for his future.

So keep us accurately informed.  

Us being a fan owned club what was the deal for Magennis 

Or are we not privy to that information,  That's just for the board and the Kibble 

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

Or are we not privy to that information,  That's just for the board and the Kibble 

Spot on. How much did we get for him? Don't give us this shite that we need to keep it quiet or Clubs/Agents will look for inflated transfer fees. Kid on we are a tinpot outfit - I believe it!

Onwards and upwards.

players move on.  The club persists.

I doubt any other club’s fans would be so upset about an absent player, an injured one, being sold as he wants away -especially during a pandemic when money is short and there are other players out there.

as I’ve said, I like Kyle.  I’ll probably stay a mild admirer.

I’ll like whatever new players arrive.  :)

20 minutes ago, Sonny said:

From OS ...

That really is a terrible and pretty petulant back-covering statement from the club.

What a dreadful way to thank a player who has been here for 17 years.

If the club want to be open, name the classless buffoon who wrote that statement.

Honestly it beggars belief.

Just now, mattman said:

That statement is nothing short of embarrassing 😂; feels like they’re hanging Kyle out to dry, feels like the Kearney fiasco all over again. Amateurs 🙈

The person who wrote that abomination was trying to cover their backs for letting Kyle go and personally, I'd like to know who that was.

8 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

4 minutes ago, magnus said:

Spot on. How much did we get for him? Don't give us this shite that we need to keep it quiet or Clubs/Agents will look for inflated transfer fees. Kid on we are a tinpot outfit - I believe it!

Just now, mattman said:

That statement is nothing short of embarrassing 😂; feels like they’re hanging Kyle out to dry, feels like the Kearney fiasco all over again. Amateurs 🙈

Y’see... there’s the problem.

tell the fans nothing and they’ll bitch.

Tell the fans something and they’ll embroider fanciful tales around the something.

Were not a fan owned club. Yet. If we were Scott and Co would out the door. This not just about Magennis. Is about a lot of things. Magennis transfer was just the last straw.. A former director warned me as a fan about Gordon Scott. Everything he said has come true.

So what the board is saying that if you want to leave, you can. Maybe Tony can tell us all how any manager can be expected to get us into the top half of the league, when he constantly punt players that the manager wants to keep hrs before the transfer window closes.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

The person who wrote that abomination was trying to cover their backs for letting Kyle go and personally, I'd like to know who that was.

We seem to have went from a club putting out supporters updates every few months, to a wall of silence and pointing fingers of blame at any opportunity. 

be in that number... but in our terms 

That really is a terrible and pretty petulant back-covering statement from the club.

What a dreadful way to thank a player who has been here for 17 years.

If the club want to be open, name the classless buffoon who wrote that statement.

Honestly it beggars belief.

Is it hanging Kyle out to dry? Might be intended to be more of a dig at Ross and Hibs. 

1 minute ago, antrin said:

Onwards and upwards.

players move on.  The club persists.

I doubt any other club’s fans would be so upset about an absent player, an injured one, being sold as he wants away -especially during a pandemic when money is short and there are other players out there.

as I’ve said, I like Kyle.  I’ll probably stay a mild admirer.

I’ll like whatever new players arrive.  :)

Just saw Nicolai Brock-Marden and Cole Kpekawa nipping into asda linwood 

It's clearly blaming Kyle rather than the board for the decision.

It's all a bit classless.

What I’ve noticed over the past few months these statements no longer include Gordon Scott’s name on them... I have brought this up a few times yet always get silence, who is really in charge nowadays ?