Kyle Magennis

shull

1 hour ago, mattman said:

What I’ve noticed over the past few months these statements no longer include Gordon Scott’s name on them... I have brought this up a few times yet always get silence, who is really in charge nowadays ?

During the takeover discussions Kibble said they'd be putting two paid employees on the BoD, they were always gonna have a greater influence than the mere numbers would have indicated.

On the main issue it's not the first time we've lost one of our best players near to or at the end of his contract. it's been on the cards for a week, he's not even match fit, we can use the fee to bring in players we desperately need - it would be an acceptable scenario if not for the somewhat petulant nature of the club statement. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

22 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Disappointing statement from the club. Cannot blame Kyle for wanting to better himself and make more money. Had every right to turn down new contract. He’s a professional and can not afford sentimentality to govern his career. If l was in his shoes l would be swapping scrapping at the bottom for scrapping at the top, better wages and a manager he knows will make him a better player and help potentially move to even better things. He might be our captain but a quick look around the club these past few years would not fill you with hope for the future. Best of luck Kyle and to the board up your game and your PR

What's wrong with the statement? They have just stated the facts and wished him well at the end. Providing the facts are true I don't see anything wrong with it.

What's wrong with the statement? They have just stated the facts and wished him well at the end. Providing the facts are true I don't see anything wrong with it.
His family members are all over social media claiming the club statement is an outright lie!

There is a fair chance that they might have access to the true facts. [emoji850]

The Statement seems okay. I don't see what's wrong with it.

The Club are taking a severe bashing from a few. 

I expect the Sin Bin to be full of Boo Boys tonight.

Maybe not as Div is giving St Mirren hell also.

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

His family members are all over social media claiming the club statement is an outright lie!

There is a fair chance that they might have access to the true facts. emoji850.png

Theres a fair chance to club have access to the true facts as well.

I don't have a problem at all with him wanting to leave. I just don't see whats wrong with the club letting the fans know what happened. We always complain when they leave us in the dark, now they tell us and they are the bad guys.

Edited by LargsBud

I think we can all agree the player has any right to move - it’s more about how the board have went about things... not for the first time either -

skullduggery 

blaming fans for spitting on Dundee United supporters without any evidence

“kearney working his way out” for then Oran himself to say on Twitter it’s slander. 

just to name a few.

We sound so petty, and massively unprofessional at times.

Edit - remember that time a director offered a fan to settle differences in a charity boxing match 😂😂 shambles 

Edited by mattman

4 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Theres a fair chance to club have access to the true facts as well.

I don't have a problem at all with him wanting to leave. I just don't see whats wrong with the club letting the fans know what happened. We always complain when the leave us in the dark, now they tell us and they are the bad guys.

All well and good but when Club "facts " are seemingly at odds with what KM told family members , then who to believe.

See previous post with  screenshot  of Brown family tweets 

Worrying that the clubs first motivation in that statement was to protect their own arse. Surely they know that Kyle’s family are all on Twitter and would very quickly reveal the truth? [emoji38] Mental. 

As Oaksoft says, some video highlights and a thank you would have been fine. 

When is the next chairman’s update? Do we still have a chairman? 
Not one that's any good.

20 minutes ago, mattman said:

I think we can all agree the player has any right to move - it’s more about how the board have went about things... not for the first time either -

skullduggery 

blaming fans for spitting on Dundee United supporters without any evidence

“kearney working his way out” for then Oran himself to say on Twitter it’s slander. 

just to name a few.

We sound so petty, and massively unprofessional at times.

Edit - remember that time a director offered a fan to settle differences in a charity boxing match 😂😂 shambles 

What a list 

You forgot the chairman arguing with a supporter using the clubs official Facebook account :lol: 

Were not a fan owned club. Yet. If we were Scott and Co would out the door. This not just about Magennis. Is about a lot of things. Magennis transfer was just the last straw.. A former director warned me as a fan about Gordon Scott. Everything he said has come true.

OK, I'll bite. What were you told?

Typical theyll blame everyone bar themselves. I wish Kyle all the best. But they need a change in strategy when it comes to young players. Hamilton sell their young players for a lot more than we do. More than triple in some cases. But I agree this spineless board have gone quiet. Cos they know the anger that's coming their way. When its fan owned Gordon Scott stills want to be chairman. He has some brass neck. He'll be handing over a championship club.

Blame everyone else for what? Kyle leaving? Kyle wanting to leave? Hibs wanting to sign Kyle? What, exactly?

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If it was aimed at Ross I'd have expected some childish foot stamping about this happening before we got a chance to replace Kyle.

This is the board's decision. Period. And they need to own that decision. They could easily have kept him until the end of the season but it made no financial sense to do so. This was a financial decision not a footballing one. Whoever wrote that needs to grow the hell up.

It clearly WASN'T a financial decision. It's just as clear that Kyle wanted the move. There would have been no point locking him in for the rest of his contract and having a dissatisfied, probably, unmotivated player who could have upset the dressing room. It would have been hard for Magennis to ignore the chance to join a bigger club with a higher salary and, as it turned out, a longer contract. I'm not enamoured by the club statement but I'm also not jumping to conclusions as to the reasons behind it. The club needed to make it plain it wasn't their decision and you're calling them, or at least the author, liars without proof.

It clearly WASN'T a financial decision. It's just as clear that Kyle wanted the move. There would have been no point locking him in for the rest of his contract and having a dissatisfied, probably, unmotivated player who could have upset the dressing room. It would have been hard for Magennis to ignore the chance to join a bigger club with a higher salary and, as it turned out, a longer contract. I'm not enamoured by the club statement but I'm also not jumping to conclusions as to the reasons behind it. The club needed to make it plain it wasn't their decision and you're calling them, or at least the author, liars without proof.

Kyle's family have already said they are liars on another social media platform. So who are the liars. The club or the Magennis family. I know who I believe.  

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

We got a fair turn out of players like Kirk Broadfoot, Lewis Morgan and Vaclav Hladky in the past even when they were heading elsewhere.

I see no reason that we wouldn’t have got exactly the same commitment from Magennis. Especially with the type of player he is, length of service & family ties to the club. 

There were basically 3 outcomes available:

1) Sign new 4 year deal

2) See out contract 

3) Sell the player 

The player apparently (reasonably) didn’t want the new contract so that ruled out option 1.  The club then seemingly had a choice to make and went for option 3.  

If the player didn’t ask for the move then it’s a financial decision from the club.  

The club had control out of 2/3 outcomes but their nose seems out of joint that the 1 outcome they apparently wanted (to sign a new deal) wasn’t agreeable - and that’s just tough luck!! The player has no obligation to sign! 

Good luck to him. 

The real irritating bit of the story for fans is where they’ve obviously publicly played up that they’re rejecting the bid - only to then accept an offer days later. Clear as day they were just haggling as many feared at the time. 

You also wonder to what extent they’ve strung the manager along. 

If I’d had the option I’d just have retained the player for the season. It makes you wonder about desperation for cash.

The only other way selling now would make sense is if there’s a McGinn-esque sell-on clause secured but I don’t think that would bear the same fruit as McGinn. Time will tell.