Jump to content

shull

Kyle Magennis

Recommended Posts

As soon as Hibs expressed an interest, Magennis' head would have been turned.

Manager he has a very good relationship with, who gave him his debut - Check

Bigger team - Check.

Better future career prospects (See John McGinn) - Check

Significantly larger wages and better financial security if his recovery from injury doesn't run as smoothly as it should - Check.

Playing for team at the top end of the league - Check.

We would have had to offer him the equivalent of the crown jewels for him to stay IMO.

If Erhahon and MacPherson continue to impress, then maybe he might not be missed as much.

A couple of signings before Monday are a must.

Of course, much of this becomes null and void if he fails his medical.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12088849/goodwin-frustrated-over-magennis-sale

According to JG, he has signed.

Edited by FTOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Caption competition. What's Ross saying?

JR and JG.jpg

Magennis?  Me?  Naw!

McCarthy?  Naw...

MacPherson...?  Naw...

McGrath?  Naw!

McAlister? Naw!

Morias, McMaster and the other lad, McAlister?

Mmmmm?

Naw, naw, naw, naw, naw...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could understand the anger and unrest if Magennis had actually been playing, bossing games, chipping in with goals........ but he’s not, and no guarantee that when fit he actually could. He’s better going now and the club getting cash, than walking away for at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I could understand the anger and unrest if Magennis had actually been playing, bossing games, chipping in with goals........ but he’s not, and no guarantee that when fit he actually could. He’s better going now and the club getting cash, than walking away for at the end of the season.

Depends really on how the money is redistributed, he'll be on a decent wage being the club captain and a decent sized transfer fee incoming means that we will surely be busy on Monday you'd think. 

2 or 3 good players in, in the form of defensive cover, a playmaker and a wide creative type and this won't be an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I’m not so sure about 2 or 3 players in on Monday , Jim didn’t look too pleased about losing Kyle so I think that if he was happy to sell and get the money for players he would have been ok with it.

There's not a chance that the board won't appease Goodwin by releasing some funds for a couple of signings.

Whether they're signed before the deadline or not is another matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Depends really on how the money is redistributed, he'll be on a decent wage being the club captain and a decent sized transfer fee incoming means that we will surely be busy on Monday you'd think. 

2 or 3 good players in, in the form of defensive cover, a playmaker and a wide creative type and this won't be an issue. 

Not too sure about his wages. He didn't renew his contract so I would think his financial arrangements wouldn't have changed. That's where St. Mirren, and or Goodwin, made the mistake. They should never have made him captain if he was stalling on signing a new contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Not too sure about his wages. He didn't renew his contract so I would think his financial arrangements wouldn't have changed. That's where St. Mirren, and or Goodwin, made the mistake. They should never have made him captain if he was stalling on signing a new contract.

Stmirren have a habit of creating these PR disasters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2020 at 5:54 PM, FTOF said:

An even better deal then.

Get a match fit midfielder and a defender in before the deadline and we're sorted.

Hopefully, seems like the best we can hope for. Ideally some sort of RB/LB & CB cover would be good. Maybe two players that can cover the three positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

They should never have made him captain if he was stalling on signing a new contract.

Didn’t Fitzy do the same with Dave Winnie to drive up the price for his eventual transfer to Aberdeen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for this gutless board move on. And take kibble with them. All they do is sell our best young players for a pittance. They have probably done the same deal as John McGinn. Sorry to say this Magennis is a good player. But he's no John McGinn. They need players in NOW or say hello to the championship. Then they'll know about losing money. No ambition. Whole club is rotten to the core. No wonder Goody is sick of it. Wouldn't surprise me if he resigned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From OS ...

St Mirren Football Club firmly believes in carrying out business in the correct manner and keeping fans accurately informed, as such the club can confirm that it has today reluctantly agreed a deal with Hibernian Football Club for the transfer of Kyle Magennis.

The club had been working for over a year on a new deal for Kyle and offered him a new four-year deal on improved terms, however, it became increasingly clear that Kyle saw his future away from St Mirren. After the initial approaches from Hibernian were rejected, Kyle made it clear to the club his desire to move. With this in mind the club made the difficult decision to accept an improved offer and allow Kyle to make the move.

The club shares the disappointment that the fans and all connected with St Mirren will be feeling with this news.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Kyle for all the contributions he made in his time at St Mirren and wish him the very best for his future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

From OS ...

St Mirren Football Club firmly believes in carrying out business in the correct manner and keeping fans accurately informed, as such the club can confirm that it has today reluctantly agreed a deal with Hibernian Football Club for the transfer of Kyle Magennis.

The club had been working for over a year on a new deal for Kyle and offered him a new four-year deal on improved terms, however, it became increasingly clear that Kyle saw his future away from St Mirren. After the initial approaches from Hibernian were rejected, Kyle made it clear to the club his desire to move. With this in mind the club made the difficult decision to accept an improved offer and allow Kyle to make the move.

The club shares the disappointment that the fans and all connected with St Mirren will be feeling with this news.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Kyle for all the contributions he made in his time at St Mirren and wish him the very best for his future.

So keep us accurately informed.  

Us being a fan owned club what was the deal for Magennis 

Or are we not privy to that information,  That's just for the board and the Kibble 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

So keep us accurately informed.  

Us being a fan owned club what was the deal for Magennis 

Or are we not privy to that information,  That's just for the board and the Kibble 

Spot on. How much did we get for him? Don't give us this shite that we need to keep it quiet or Clubs/Agents will look for inflated transfer fees. Kid on we are a tinpot outfit - I believe it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Onwards and upwards.

players move on.  The club persists.

I doubt any other club’s fans would be so upset about an absent player, an injured one, being sold as he wants away -especially during a pandemic when money is short and there are other players out there.
 

as I’ve said, I like Kyle.  I’ll probably stay a mild admirer.

I’ll like whatever new players arrive.  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sonny said:

From OS ...

St Mirren Football Club firmly believes in carrying out business in the correct manner and keeping fans accurately informed, as such the club can confirm that it has today reluctantly agreed a deal with Hibernian Football Club for the transfer of Kyle Magennis.

The club had been working for over a year on a new deal for Kyle and offered him a new four-year deal on improved terms, however, it became increasingly clear that Kyle saw his future away from St Mirren. After the initial approaches from Hibernian were rejected, Kyle made it clear to the club his desire to move. With this in mind the club made the difficult decision to accept an improved offer and allow Kyle to make the move.

The club shares the disappointment that the fans and all connected with St Mirren will be feeling with this news.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Kyle for all the contributions he made in his time at St Mirren and wish him the very best for his future.

That really is a terrible and pretty petulant back-covering statement from the club.

What a dreadful way to thank a player who has been here for 17 years.

If the club want to be open, name the classless buffoon who wrote that statement.

Honestly it beggars belief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mattman said:

That statement is nothing short of embarrassing 😂; feels like they’re hanging Kyle out to dry, feels like the Kearney fiasco all over again. Amateurs 🙈

The person who wrote that abomination was trying to cover their backs for letting Kyle go and personally, I'd like to know who that was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

So keep us accurately informed.  

Us being a fan owned club what was the deal for Magennis 

Or are we not privy to that information,  That's just for the board and the Kibble 

4 minutes ago, magnus said:

Spot on. How much did we get for him? Don't give us this shite that we need to keep it quiet or Clubs/Agents will look for inflated transfer fees. Kid on we are a tinpot outfit - I believe it!

Just now, mattman said:

That statement is nothing short of embarrassing 😂; feels like they’re hanging Kyle out to dry, feels like the Kearney fiasco all over again. Amateurs 🙈

Y’see... there’s the problem.

tell the fans nothing and they’ll bitch.

Tell the fans something and they’ll embroider fanciful tales around the something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...