shull

Kyle Magennis

So keep us accurately informed.  
Us being a fan owned club what was the deal for Magennis 
Or are we not privy to that information,  That's just for the board and the Kibble 
Were not a fan owned club. Yet. If we were Scott and Co would out the door. This not just about Magennis. Is about a lot of things. Magennis transfer was just the last straw.. A former director warned me as a fan about Gordon Scott. Everything he said has come true.

So what the board is saying that if you want to leave, you can. Maybe Tony can tell us all how any manager can be expected to get us into the top half of the league, when he constantly punt players that the manager wants to keep hrs before the transfer window closes.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

The person who wrote that abomination was trying to cover their backs for letting Kyle go and personally, I'd like to know who that was.

We seem to have went from a club putting out supporters updates every few months, to a wall of silence and pointing fingers of blame at any opportunity. 

be in that number... but in our terms 

That really is a terrible and pretty petulant back-covering statement from the club.

What a dreadful way to thank a player who has been here for 17 years.

If the club want to be open, name the classless buffoon who wrote that statement.

Honestly it beggars belief.

Is it hanging Kyle out to dry? Might be intended to be more of a dig at Ross and Hibs. 

1 minute ago, antrin said:

Onwards and upwards.

players move on.  The club persists.

I doubt any other club’s fans would be so upset about an absent player, an injured one, being sold as he wants away -especially during a pandemic when money is short and there are other players out there.

as I’ve said, I like Kyle.  I’ll probably stay a mild admirer.

I’ll like whatever new players arrive.  :)

Just saw Nicolai Brock-Marden and Cole Kpekawa nipping into asda linwood 

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

Y’see... there’s the problem.

tell the fans nothing and they’ll bitch.

Tell the fans something and they’ll embroider fanciful tales around the something.

Bitching is the better outcome. So let's hear the story before we dont give a shit.

It's clearly blaming Kyle rather than the board for the decision.

It's all a bit classless.

What I’ve noticed over the past few months these statements no longer include Gordon Scott’s name on them... I have brought this up a few times yet always get silence, who is really in charge nowadays ?

It's certainly a "not our fault" message just not sure if the blame is being shifted to Kyle or Ross. Let's hope we learn from this and get Ethan and Cammy sorted or they will let their contracts run down also.

Typical theyll blame everyone bar themselves. I wish Kyle all the best. But they need a change in strategy when it comes to young players. Hamilton sell their young players for a lot more than we do. More than triple in some cases. But I agree this spineless board have gone quiet. Cos they know the anger that's coming their way. When its fan owned Gordon Scott stills want to be chairman. He has some brass neck. He'll be handing over a championship club.

1 minute ago, mattman said:

What I’ve noticed over the past few months these statements no longer include Gordon Scott’s name on them... I have brought this up a few times yet always get silence, who is really in charge nowadays ?

How hard was it to say something like:

One of the big selling points to prospective players coming to St Mirren is that we can offer them a real chance at first team football and if they succeed we will not stand in their way if they want to move onto bigger clubs. That is part and parcel of our club ethos and our value system and we are delighted to see many former players move onto the English Premiership and the Scottish national side. Whilst we are sorry to see Kyle go despite our best efforts to keep him at the club, we fully expect him to follow in those footsteps and will follow his career as he progresses. We thank him for dedicating so many years of his life to this club and wish him well on the next step of his career.

That sort of statement followed by perhaps a brief video or story f his highlights and goals at St Mirren would have shown the sort of class the boy deserves to be shown IMO.

But we have a seemingly over-emotional, petulant nugget in charge of these statements. :D

7 minutes ago, magnus said:

It's certainly a "not our fault" message just not sure if the blame is being shifted to Kyle or Ross. Let's hope we learn from this and get Ethan and Cammy sorted or they will let their contracts run down also.

If it was aimed at Ross I'd have expected some childish foot stamping about this happening before we got a chance to replace Kyle.

This is the board's decision. Period. And they need to own that decision. They could easily have kept him until the end of the season but it made no financial sense to do so. This was a financial decision not a footballing one. Whoever wrote that needs to grow the hell up.

I am embarrassed to be a St Mirren fan at this moment in time.

I can 'reluctantly accept' missplaced obnoxious statements masked as ambition every July; surrendering meekly every week on the park and crawling to safety every year; shambolic departures of managers every 18 months on less than amicable terms; that we are not a massive club and our good players will eventually go onto bigger clubs, usually for a fraction of the fee other clubs get; that clubs the same size or lesser than us get their moment in the sun whilst we are perpetually in an underachieving state...

What I struggle to accept from the club, which is more down to a morality thing - near silence to the paying, loyal supporters; lack of professional behaviour as an institution year in year out; and complete lack of backbone or ambition.

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Doesn't look to unhappy in picture, considering he's signed a 5 year contract, most likely on a lot more money than he'll ever get with us and he'll not be a stranger with a few of the players and most of the coaching team.      

I think it’s classless on all sides the player also.

Injury after injury the club has helped him through yet so desperate to get away.

then the timing to leave goody with next to no time to get a replacement in.

1 minute ago, pod said:

Doesn't look to unhappy in picture, considering he's signed a 5 year contract, most likely on a lot more money than he'll ever get with us and he'll not be a stranger with a few of the players and most of the coaching team.      

Yep.

If he can stay fit, that boy is going the same way as John McGinn and Kenny McLean. I think he's even better than them at the same age.

He's making the move at exactly the right time. It will be interesting to see how he performs with good players around him.

The fitness is the issue though but that secures him financially until he is at least 27.

Good luck to him.

8 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Why.  We are what we are and always have been.  Anybody that was anyone with money to pump into a team, deserted the town a long time ago. 

4 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

I can 'reluctantly accept' missplaced obnoxious statements masked as ambition every July; surrendering meekly every week on the park and crawling to safety every year; shambolic departures of managers every 18 months on less than amicable terms; that we are not a massive club and our good players will eventually go onto bigger clubs, usually for a fraction of the fee other clubs get; that clubs the same size or lesser than us get their moment in the sun whilst we are perpetually in an underachieving state...

What I struggle to accept from the club, which is more down to a morality thing - near silence to the paying, loyal supporters; lack of professional behaviour as an institution year in year out; and complete lack of backbone or ambition.

Me, as well as many others feel the exact same bud. But when the begging bowls out it’s a diff story... embarrassing stuff 🙈

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

I think it’s classless on all sides the player also.

Injury after injury the club has helped him through yet so desperate to get away.

then the timing to leave goody with next to no time to get a replacement in.

Sorry bud but Kyle owes us nothing.

We are obliged by law to pay injured players and it was probably an insurance job.

He's been given his chance at the exact right age and he has every right to grab it.

It's obviously shit to lose a good player but this is a good day for our club if you believe that producing top talent from scratch is what our values are based on. Another boy graduates and we should celebrate that.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

How hard was it to say something like:

One of the big selling points to prospective players coming to St Mirren is that we can offer them a real chance at first team football and if they succeed we will not stand in their way if they want to move onto bigger clubs. That is part and parcel of our club ethos and our value system and we are delighted to see many former players move onto the English Premiership and the Scottish national side. Whilst we are sorry to see Kyle go despite our best efforts to keep him at the club, we fully expect him to follow in those footsteps and will follow his career as he progresses. We thank him for dedicating so many years of his life to this club and wish him well on the next step of his career.

That sort of statement followed by perhaps a brief video or story f his highlights and goals at St Mirren would have shown the sort of class the boy deserves to be shown IMO.

But we have a seemingly over-emotional, petulant nugget in charge of these statements. :D

That would have been a better statement, but unfortunately they jumped in last week with their big show of telling everyone they rejected 2 offers and he wasnt for sale.  Then released their latest, slightly bitter statement. I think getting money for a player (decent but too many injuries) out of contract soon, makes sense. It's just the usual car crash way they go about it. 

33 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Were not a fan owned club. Yet. 

It will be scarily interesting when it does. Because there will be nobody but themselves to blame if they don't get it right. 

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If it was aimed at Ross I'd have expected some childish foot stamping about this happening before we got a chance to replace Kyle.

This is the board's decision. Period. And they need to own that decision. They could easily have kept him until the end of the season but it made no financial sense to do so. This was a financial decision not a footballing one. Whoever wrote that needs to grow the hell up.

Judging by some of the comments being made by Kyle's died - in - the - wool Saints supporting  family looks like you are right.