Loyal fan banned from club

TopCat

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

IMG_1478392504.758512.jpg

Interesting post this, I've blanked out the guys name but I'm sure most on here will at least know of the fella concerned.

Pretty poor show from the club to ban such a loyal supporter for seemingly so little.

he appears to have missed the point of admitting he was on the concourse and that action led to him being taken out by police. To my reckoning is an acknowledgement of wrongdoing on his part.

I (wrongly) thought it was only rangers & celtic that think their fans can behave however they like without consequence?

Edited by Kombibuddie

59 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

he appears to have missed the point of admitting he was on the concourse and that action led to him being taken out by police. To my reckoning is an acknowledgement of wrongdoing on his part.

I (wrongly) thought it was only rangers & celtic that think their fans can behave however they like without consequence?

Picture the scenario mate.Its 5 minutes to go and you equalise against your rivals.He along with many others celebrate on the concourse(not having breached the barriers of the stadium).No crime committed.One of his mates does breach the barrier and is arrested.He does not enter the field of play.Josh is then assumed to have obstructed an officer in carrying out his duties in arresting this lad and is led from the ground.He is taken away and dropped off 5 minutes later in Causeyside street without charge.Next thing he gets a letter from the club saying he is banned.

Fast forward 4 months and he has still not been charged nor most importantly cleared.The club state that he must have a letter saying he is in the clear but as Josh says the police dont issue such documentation.Result is a stalemate.

Josh had been attending the games by paying for a ticket(on top of his season ticket which has been blocked)to attend games.He has done this without problem and has interacted with the stewards thoughout ie speaking to them etc,Rightly or wrongly this football club is his life and all he wanted to do was support his team.

Roll on to yesterday and Josh,s nephew is making his home debut.A large contingent of our family attend the game but low and behold Josh is refused entry.Special instructions were given to our security(ie stewards) to refuse him permission to enter the ground.Kyles home debut was like a kids first day at school.It only happens once and his uncle was denied that opportunity to see him make that debut.

As such i have to make a decision where i put my family loyalties first.I wont step foot into the ground unless Josh is in front of me.

So he was on the concourse , so what ? I was on the pitch hunners of times in my younger days , in fact , it's only around ten years since our baldy webmaster was on the pitch at Stranraer after a vital goal in the promotion season. The guy concerned is a good guy , with a lot of friends who contribute every month to Smisa :rolleyes: , and he helped me a lot with setting up a website for one of our businesses.  I would suggest this is not the time for the club to be alienating supporters !

15 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

Josh had been attending the games by paying for a ticket(on top of his season ticket which has been blocked)to attend games.He has done this without problem and has interacted with the stewards thoughout ie speaking to them etc,Rightly or wrongly this football club is his life and all he wanted to do was support his team.

That's a nonsense btw Ian and shouldn't have been tolerated. There are several imposters involved with the club , but Josh isn't one of them. Some people within the club need to take a long hard look at themselves !

4 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

Picture the scenario mate.Its 5 minutes to go and you equalise against your rivals.He along with many others celebrate on the concourse(not having breached the barriers of the stadium).No crime committed.One of his mates does breach the barrier and is arrested.He does not enter the field of play.Josh is then assumed to have obstructed an officer in carrying out his duties in arresting this lad and is led from the ground.He is taken away and dropped off 5 minutes later in Causeyside street without charge.Next thing he gets a letter from the club saying he is banned.

Fast forward 4 months and he has still not been charged nor most importantly cleared.The club state that he must have a letter saying he is in the clear but as Josh says the police dont issue such documentation.Result is a stalemate.

Roll on to yesterday and Josh,s nephew is making his home debut.A large contingent of our family attend the game but low and behold Josh is refused entry.Special instructions were given to our security(ie stewards) to refuse him permission to enter the ground.Kyles home debut was like a kids first day at school.It only happens once and his uncle was denied that opportunity to see him make that debut.

As such i have to make a decision where i put my family loyalties first.I wont step foot into the ground unless Josh is in front of me.

I sympathise completely but knowing absolutely nothing about Josh or the circumstances of his "ban", I looked at what he had written.

He implies, he shouldn't have been on the concourse as this is why he was "taken out". anyways...........

I agree, if he has been getting into matches without issue and the club knew this but let him carry on, I would question Why stop him yesterday and I can certainly sympathise given the significance of the day.

If there was a football banning order, would/should this not have been communicated to the club by the police?.

BillyG, I agree, this is not the time for The Club to be alienating supporters but St Mirren has a history of f**king things up and from what you and Northendsaint are saying looks like it could be a bit of a f**k-up on the clubs part concerning Josh but we've only got 1 side of the story so far.

I wish him all the best and a speedy resolution

1 minute ago, Kombibuddie said:

I sympathise completely but knowing absolutely nothing about Josh or the circumstances of his "ban", I looked at what he had written.

He implies, he shouldn't have been on the concourse as this is why he was "taken out". anyways...........

I agree, if he has been getting into matches without issue and the club knew this but let him carry on, I would question Why stop him yesterday and I can certainly sympathise given the significance of the day.

If there was a football banning order, would/should this not have been communicated to the club by the police?.

BillyG, I agree, this is not the time for The Club to be alienating supporters but St Mirren has a history of f**king things up and from what you and Northendsaint are saying looks like it could be a bit of a f**k-up on the clubs part concerning Josh but we've only got 1 side of the story so far.

I wish him all the best and a speedy resolution

They knew he would be attending yesterday and deliberately set out to target him.What a talent we have in his nephew though.St Mirren may want to put him on a long term contract.

The important thing of this is that the club are biting the hand that feeds them.

Caldwell was a terrific CEO and I guess would not have let this fester so long.now it's become,"them and us" situation 

He would've had them round a table and heard the whole story.

I emailed him to see if my grandson could go to the training ground on his birthday.

He was met by Gary Teale who knew his first name.

You don't know what your missing till its gone

What is the concourse ? Is it the area between the wall and pitch. If it is , in 50 years I have never felt the need to enter it and wonder why anyone would wish to do so. What age is the person concerned. As he has a nephew in his late teens it seems he may  possibly be of a relatively mature age and should know better. Perhaps a warning would have been more appropriate though.

3 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

What is the concourse ? Is it the area between the wall and pitch. If it is , in 50 years I have never felt the need to enter it and wonder why anyone would wish to do so. What age is the person concerned. As he has a nephew in his late teens it seems he may  possibly be of a relatively mature age and should know better. Perhaps a warning would have been more appropriate though.

The concourse is the area between the seats and the fence.It is where you walk between going for a pee and coming back from a pee.You might even partake in a bovril or a pie while traversing said area.In other words the polis are unlikely to arrest you for walking in said area.

1 minute ago, northendsaint said:

The concourse is the area between the seats and the fence.It is where you walk between going for a pee and coming back from a pee.You might even partake in a bovril or a pie while traversing said area.In other words the polis are unlikely to arrest you for walking in said area.

Aye, totally unnecessary.

Surely someone will see sense in this matter?

24 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

The important thing of this is that the club are biting the hand that feeds them.

Caldwell was a terrific CEO and I guess would not have let this fester so long.now it's become,"them and us" situation 

He would've had them round a table and heard the whole story.

I emailed him to see if my grandson could go to the training ground on his birthday.

He was met by Gary Teale who knew his first name.

You don't know what your missing till its gone

Caldwell was indeed an excellent CEO. Regrettably the previous Board as one of their poor decisions appointed someone to succeed him who clearly is out of his depth. I can only assume SG and co presumed the appointment would please fans. Tony was a good footballer and loyal to the club. That doesnt mean he is a good CEO

4 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

I am indeed puzzled in that case . Many people would be in that area and not all were thrown out. Methinks I,m missing something here . Perhaps there was concern regarding said gentlemans behaviour on the concourse. I dont know but hope it gets sorted

3 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Hardly a banning offence in my opinion . 

The guy in question is Saints daft who follows the team everywhere . He isn't a thug . 

Very poor show from the club in times like this . 

1 hour ago, Oldfellow said:

Caldwell was indeed an excellent CEO. Regrettably the previous Board as one of their poor decisions appointed someone to succeed him who clearly is out of his depth. I can only assume SG and co presumed the appointment would please fans. Tony was a good footballer and loyal to the club. That doesnt mean he is a good CEO

I did say Tony would be a poor decision and nothing he had done so far has convince me otherwise.

Sounds absolutely crazy, surely must be more to it than just celebrating  goal in the concourse, every late goal is celebrated down there?

I can certainly offer to speak to Tony & Gordon on behalf of Josh if I thought it might help?