Loyal fan banned from club

TopCat

I am a bit lost here.

Am I reading this thread correctly?

Someone went onto the playing side of the retaining wall, behind which fans are housed and expected to stay?

The police then removed the person from the ground as per their instructions.

Was this what happened?

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I am a bit lost here.

Someone went onto the playing side of the retaining wall, behind which fans are housed and expected to stay?

Was this what happened?

Where did you read the bit about the "playing side?"

Edited by HSS

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I am a bit lost here.

Was this what happened?

No no no 

It all startit when we scored a goal. ( I know) 

After that it's a bit fuzzy. :D

In these instances where fans are  just being over enthusiastic , not aggressive , but just happy and letting their  emotions overrule their brain a yellow card should be issued along with a letter explaining the potential consequences of that type of behaviour , a second yellow card maybe resulting in a short ban . I think here has been a massive over reaction to the behaviour after the cup final , and as often happens in these instances , a genuine fan is made an example of , lots of ways this could have been dealt with sensibly , and this wasn,t one of them

6 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

In these instances where fans are  just being over enthusiastic , not aggressive , but just happy and letting their  emotions overrule their brain a yellow card should be issued along with a letter explaining the potential consequences of that type of behaviour , a second yellow card maybe resulting in a short ban . I think here has been a massive over reaction to the behaviour after the cup final , and as often happens in these instances , a genuine fan is made an example of , lots of ways this could have been dealt with sensibly , and this wasn,t one of them

Menstrie - Doune here.

Did the guy go over the wall?

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Menstrie - Doune here.

He will maybe need to if he wants to watch the Match on Sunday. 

Watch the jaggy doodahs on top or baws will get ripped aff. :shockaroony

Just now, shull said:

He will maybe need to if he wants to watch the Match on Sunday. 

Watch the jaggy doodahs on top or baws will get ripped aff. :shockaroony

Indeed Shull.

I guess the answer is that he did and was therefore ejected from the ground.

Having been released by the police without charge it looks like that is the end of things from the Police point of view.

I guess then that this is a question not of guilt or innocence but one of proportionality in the club's response since they are held liable for their fan's actions (?)

No one seems to be suggesting that the guy wanted to invade the park or approached any players or ball boys.

If and it seems the person did cross the wall onto the concourse/perimiter surrounding the pitch then I guess he is adult enough to know there are consequences.

Might it not be acceptable that the club await the outcome of the police report before taking action

Or alternatively

Place a ban on the individual until such time as police reports have been submitted.

Given that no charges are pressed then the latter would surely be punishment enough.

35 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Menstrie - Doune here.

43 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Why should a 'yellow card' be issued???? The guy celebrated a late goal against the scum, did nothing wrong.

No he didn't go over the wall.

2 minutes ago, repairman said:
7 hours ago, northendsaint said:

The ban has not been lifted.

We have a number of what they call policeless games.Low category games which require no police presence.

This saves the club a fortune in policing costs and part of the remit is our own stewarding polices these games

As a club we have to ensure that anyone reported by the police causing an offence is banned from the ground.

That is what happened with Josh only he has never been cautioned or charged and it sits in limbo.

Meantime the club are wary that these policeless games could be put in jeapordy if we are not seen to adhere to strict conditions.

After every home game we sit down with the police and go over any events arising from that game so in my book we have had at least 4 occasions when Josh,s case could have been discussed.My view is that this has not been the case and the club have failed Josh big time.

They have a meeting this week where i feel pressure must be put on the police to either charge him or clear him.

Why should a 'yellow card' be issued???? The guy celebrated a late goal against the scum, did nothing wrong.

No he didn't go over the wall.

I personally don,t have an issue with fans overenthusiastically celebrating a goal , but I do have a concern if their behaviour inpacts on the cost of policing home games , and consequently impacts on the playing budget , so I think a " yellow card " type warning might be a sensible compromise in this incidence

23 minutes ago, shull said:

It was another dude who jumped the wall, not Josh. 

I just don't get it.

Stupid I may be.

Is this a case of mistaken identity?

If so - will the real culprit please stand forward and get this guy off the hook.

It is the right thing to do.

44 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I just don't get it.

Stupid I may be.

Is this a case of mistaken identity?

If so - will the real culprit please stand forward and get this guy off the hook.

It is the right thing to do.

That's why I suggested .......:D

columbo.jpg

Just now, shull said:

That's why I suggested .......:D

columbo.jpg

He certainly is the man to call on Shull.

But - wouldn't it be good if the real "culprit" came forward.

After all, if it was al as innocent as outlined then they would have little to worry about.

Come on whoever you are - do the right thing and get this guy off the hook in this case of mistaken identity and stop the club from looking foolish.

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

He certainly is the man to call on Shull.

But - wouldn't it be good if the real "culprit" came forward.

After all, if it was al as innocent as outlined then they would have little to worry about.

Come on whoever you are - do the right thing and get this guy off the hook in this case of mistaken identity and stop the club from looking foolish.

Try reading this -

On 6 November 2016 at 8:18 AM, northendsaint said:

Picture the scenario mate.Its 5 minutes to go and you equalise against your rivals.He along with many others celebrate on the concourse(not having breached the barriers of the stadium).No crime committed.One of his mates does breach the barrier and is arrested.He does not enter the field of play.Josh is then assumed to have obstructed an officer in carrying out his duties in arresting this lad and is led from the ground.He is taken away and dropped off 5 minutes later in Causeyside street without charge.Next thing he gets a letter from the club saying he is banned.

Fast forward 4 months and he has still not been charged nor most importantly cleared.The club state that he must have a letter saying he is in the clear but as Josh says the police dont issue such documentation.Result is a stalemate.

Josh had been attending the games by paying for a ticket(on top of his season ticket which has been blocked)to attend games.He has done this without problem and has interacted with the stewards thoughout ie speaking to them etc,Rightly or wrongly this football club is his life and all he wanted to do was support his team.

Roll on to yesterday and Josh,s nephew is making his home debut.A large contingent of our family attend the game but low and behold Josh is refused entry.Special instructions were given to our security(ie stewards) to refuse him permission to enter the ground.Kyles home debut was like a kids first day at school.It only happens once and his uncle was denied that opportunity to see him make that debut.

As such i have to make a decision where i put my family loyalties first.I wont step foot into the ground unless Josh is in front of me.

All the info is above .

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Try reading this -

All the info is above .

Thanks Munuz

Much appreciated.

Might I suggest that a friendly soliciitor (there must be at least one amongst the fans) volunteer to contact the police on his behalf to obtain confirmation that no action is to be taken and advise the club accordingly. All of course only with the permission of Josh. The board would then surely accept the word of a gentleman from the legal profession. (Solicitors are gentlemen by act of parliament (UK) the rest of us have to work at it).

Just a suggestion.

Hope it helps broker a solution.

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I personally don,t have an issue with fans overenthusiastically celebrating a goal , but I do have a concern if their behaviour inpacts on the cost of policing home games , and consequently impacts on the playing budget , so I think a " yellow card " type warning might be a sensible compromise in this incidence

Fan celebrates a goal, police go OTT, no fault of the fan and we want to start warning supporters because the police that day were incompetent?

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm still taken aback by this as it's went on far to long. We are all emotionally involved with the club. When something like this happens it hurts totally  get that Iain. To let this go on so long and treat your nephew like this without looking into it sooner is quite worrying. We are not a number we are the life and soul of the club. Even if the right outcome  comes about the damage  has been done. From my end  of excuse disgusting behaviour by the club. We should be treated  like work colleagues with a full investigation with the slightest proof no wrong doing was done then the club should stick up for its life and blood the fans. To put this down to a financial decision  before looking at the facts is extremely  worrying . There is no way this would have went on so long with the old board. 

IoBS, on the face of it this case sounds ridiculous and if it was as laid out - and there appears to be witnesses to back it up - then the lad should be allowed to carry on attending matches. But this thing about "loyal" fans - honestly, if someone is out of order and deserves a ban they simply shouldn't be allowed a get out of jail card just because they come from a family of supporters, or cause they are related to a player. 

I was sat in row A, close to where this incident happened.  As others have said, Josh done nothing wrong.

What I would also point out that every time anyone jumped out of their seat thinking we might have scored, or to shout some encouragement, the police were over right away threating people to sit down or they would be kicked out. 

The police were looking for an argument that day.