Loyal fan banned from club

TopCat

3 hours ago, Tam M said:

I was sat in row A, close to where this incident happened.  As others have said, Josh done nothing wrong.

What I would also point out that every time anyone jumped out of their seat thinking we might have scored, or to shout some encouragement, the police were over right away threating people to sit down or they would be kicked out. 

The police were looking for an argument that day.

That would have meant the police never had to come near anyone then. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

6 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

IoBS, on the face of it this case sounds ridiculous and if it was as laid out - and there appears to be witnesses to back it up - then the lad should be allowed to carry on attending matches. But this thing about "loyal" fans - honestly, if someone is out of order and deserves a ban they simply shouldn't be allowed a get out of jail card just because they come from a family of supporters, or cause they are related to a player. 

You are 100% correct and our family do not request any special dispensation whatsover.If Josh is found guilty of any offence then a ban is the recourse under SPFL laws and Police Scotland if a banning order is placed.We do not have a problem with that.Hopefully by the end of this week the matter will be resolved but at no time have we sought immunity from the club because of our support over the years.

Seen this incident also and the police simply grabbed the wrong guy. A quick check on the CCTV should be enough to clear Josh. Not sure why it's taken this long, unless of course the CCTV footage doesn't exist. Surely the club have looked at this?

Suggested an SLO on a previous thread as a point of contact for situations just like this. Good to hear the club are considering it. Some of the policing in Scottish football is a farce. Can really ruin your enjoyment of the game. (not that any of us get much enjoyment recently) 

Dont want to lose my love for the club but situations like this are making it difficult. Putting profit ahead of doing what's right for a genuine supporter is pretty pathetic.

As far as I can see the club is trying to protect it's relationship with Police Scotland that allows it to have most games without the need for a police presence at most games.

To do that it need to, I assume, follow due process when a fan is arrested at a match.

And I think that's the key here. If Josh was arrested then the Police or the PF need to decide what they are doing with that. If no charges are being brought then I can't see any reason why the club wouldn't allow Josh back in.

What I don't really understand is that Josh doesn't even appear to have been arrested, from what I am reading he was just thrown out of the game. If that is the case I can't really understand why the Police would be waiting on the PF. Either he was arrested, and might face charges, or he wasn't. I'm confused.com!

Why don't we use SMISA  £8,000 on Seatbelts for all front row seats to be worn at all times ! ! ! 

Aye , the tannoy announcement ( yes Shull Cannea hear it ) 'Ladies & Gentlemen , this is your captain speaking , we are experiencing a turbulent season , therefore we ask you to remain seated with seat belts on until the end of the season '

If there is no charge, surely it is just a matter of a word in the ear of the police chief (or whatever the head guy is called these days) saying look, its a misunderstanding, we are happy to re-instate his season ticket and let the accused re-attend games. 

You would think they (the polis) would have better and more pressing issues to deal with.

This is all typical of this shithole of a country, not the first I've heard ,politicians and their state troopers don't dive into crowds in these 2 grounds in Glasgow GET IT SORTED MR FITZPATRICK AND the new owner who seems too good to be wholesome.

Plenty of noise from him before the takeover ,time to stand up and be counted as a "fan" apologise to the lad and give him a free season ticket for next season

sorry about grammar and punctuation ,as you will have gathered I angry

32 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

This is all typical of this shithole of a country, not the first I've heard ,politicians and their state troopers don't dive into crowds in these 2 grounds in Glasgow GET IT SORTED MR FITZPATRICK AND the new owner who seems too good to be wholesome.

Plenty of noise from him before the takeover ,time to stand up and be counted as a "fan" apologise to the lad and give him a free season ticket for next season

sorry about grammar and punctuation ,as you will have gathered I angry

Thank the Lord 

Somebody who knows the truth 

Please tell all 

Been waiting for days. 

Would just like to say that I'm as confused as most of you regarding what has happened. 

I was surrounded by police  at the end of the game whilst clapping the team off the park. Stood here for a good few minutes just being told I was being arrested I was asking what for they said they didn't know it was coming from the control room. I was then taking into the police van directly outside the exit and then the police took my details and then dropped me off told me it was for obstruction if they had evidence against me I would be reported to the PF, It's been 4 months now and I still don't have a clue what's happening! No contact from PF or police since 

One phone call from the club and this is sorted.

The club should be backing you up and telling the Police to prove you broke the law.

A total joke - this is why a new voice MUST be heard on the board. It's a pity there's 3 on the ballot paper as if it was only 2 it would be easier. The 2 new candidates might have the vote split.

I saw Josh at the 2013 cup final and he spent ages putting all those black and white cards on seats the club should thank him not ban him. get it sorted tony f. I was chucked out of Love Street at the Anglo Scotish Cup Final v Bristol City back in the year dot for trying to nick a bristol scarf and never received a ban all I did was walk back in the other gate.

Edited by stevie-dee

I saw Josh at the 2013 cup final and he spent ages putting all those black and white cards on seats the club should thank him not ban him. get it sorted tony f. I was chucked out of Love Street at the Anglo Scotish Cup Final v Bristol City back in the year dot for trying to nick a bristol scarf and never received a ban all I did was walk back in the other gate.

Retrospective ban on the way me thinks :D

Well do NOT expect a retrospective ban!

You can suffer like the rest of us!

Some excellent posts on here tonight. They really made me laugh. I hope the story is as Suggestion and all his witnesses say it is and I hope it all gets sorted out soon. It's an important lesson for everyone though. When your team is pish and they've just scraped a late lucky draw having been utterly outplayed by their rivals, don't celebrate the equaliser like the club just won the Champions League. IIRC I don't think I even got out of my seat for that goal against Morton.

11 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Some excellent posts on here tonight. They really made me laugh. I hope the story is as Suggestion and all his witnesses say it is and I hope it all gets sorted out soon. It's an important lesson for everyone though. When your team is pish and they've just scraped a late lucky draw having been utterly outplayed by their rivals, don't celebrate the equaliser like the club just won the Champions League. IIRC I don't think I even got out of my seat for that goal against Morton.

Still suffering from "Trump syndrome " I see .