Loyal fan banned from club

TopCat

The Smisa chairman is on the case therefore no need for David to contribute to this thread.He,s an absolutely decent individual and there is no need to have a go at him.

Dialogue is ongoing and i hope a satisfactory outcome will be reached next week following clarification from the SPFL on a few issues.

Scots law says you are presumed innocent till proven guilty. and as Josh has not been charged he cannot even plead either way.There is no right of appeal at the club and i think that in itself is totally draconian.

In short i reckon he will have his ban rescinded sometime next week after consultation with people who have a wider grasp of legislation.

I am in constant contact with our chairman and CEO on this matter and as i said hope its concluded next week.

I know I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but in case it was missed I just wanted to say again that I'd happily help out with the drafting of a legally focussed letter or meeting etc. if it might help. However if you're already engaged in dialogue and think you're making progress then great!

5 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

I know I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but in case it was missed I just wanted to say again that I'd happily help out with the drafting of a legally focussed letter or meeting etc. if it might help. However if you're already engaged in dialogue and think you're making progress then great!

If the matter is not resolved this week i will indeed be in touch.I have to place trust in people at the club to do what they say they will do and at the moment we appear to be making some progress.As it stands though he is still banned and will be denied the opportunity of watching his nephew perform today for St Mirren.

11 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

If the matter is not resolved this week i will indeed be in touch.I have to place trust in people at the club to do what they say they will do and at the moment we appear to be making some progress.As it stands though he is still banned and will be denied the opportunity of watching his nephew perform today for St Mirren.

I hope this gets resolved soon mate . 

30 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

False beard and glasses on today then

I would go as far as to say the new Chairman and CEO are acting absolutely disgracefully in this matter. The SMISA board are also a joke. 14 weeks this has been going on.

Let's all pat ourselves on the back for paying our money every month for these jokers.

Everyone has been saying for weeks that we hope it's resolved soon.

A boycott and withdrawal of SMISA contributions every month would bring this to a head.

Which is totally unacceptable IMO.

4 hours ago, munoz said:

I was thinking about a boycott for the Spartans game . It's not on the season ticket , so It might make the club sit up and take notice . 

Still laughing :lol:

This is why ignoring people is stoopit. 

Really cheered me up before going to the Match. 

Keep em coming Munoz :lol:

18 minutes ago, billymehmet1 said:

The wee knob that got took out at end. Ended up in a head lock with one of stewards police running towards the incident

5 mins later he crosses the road. Freely

Yet a st mirren fan who done nothing police Scotland want a ban. It's a disgrace

Let St Mirren and Josh sort it out quietly. Don't need anybody else making a futile fuss. 

The Ayr fan may have had his name taken and might now be banned from Somerset Park. 

And anyway, if a Steward had a Saints Fan in a headlock, some f**king dafties on here would want him strung up or even sacked. 

5 hours ago, shull said:
19 minutes ago, shull said:

And not fixed properly unless it is the Announcer mumbling. 

To you the tannoy system is more important than our own supporters being mistreated . 

And you wonder why people have you on ignore . 

35 minutes ago, munoz said:

To you the tannoy system is more important than our own supporters being mistreated . 

And you wonder why people have you on ignore . 

Stop it Munoz :lol:

My sides are splitting :lol:

On 11/13/2016 at 0:24 AM, Stuart Dickson said:

I think it would be entirely appropriate to expect a fan representative to read the fans forum. I'd be interested to find out how you think him waiting on an email is any different to what the old board used to do.

I would also find it entirely appropriate to expect a fan representative to read the fans forum. What I do not find entirely appropriate is for the fans representative to be expected to use the public fans forum to deal with the clubs progress on legal matters concerning a specific fan when his help in the matter hasn't even been asked for by the fan in question!

There are several fans forums, facebook groups and twitter accounts (and possibly others). It would be entirely unreasonable to expect the fans representative to keep abreast of all ongoing chatter and ensure that he is providing a timely update on all topics in these forums where his input has not even been requested. In fact, I would think that would be a big waste of his time. 

The previous board did not have any specific position to listen to and solely represent the fans. They represented the club, the shareholders and dealt with running the business. You could always email a few of them and hope for a reply, which you might get or might not. Now, we have a dedicated person on the board who should most definitely make it a top priority to ensure these emails or phonecalls are replied to and who will bring up any issue you want with the board. But first, you have to tell him specifically what you want to bring up! He can read the forums and contribute as a fan to keep on top of the general fans opinions on certain topics and these can be discussed with the board as he sees fit but if you want to find out about anything specific, then you have to ask. It's quite simple. The minutes of every meeting won't be hand delivered and read out to you in your living room each week. 

An entirely realistic scenario is that this issue has been brought up by David and he is working to come to a satisfactory resolution with the fan(s) in question, and the fact that you and me know nothing about it is completely appropriate. It's none of our business; unless Josh wants to make it our business.