Loyal fan banned from club

TopCat

I may be wrong but I believe a resolution to this type of matter is not solely at the discretion of SMFC. The Police and more importantly the SPFL have, I believe, policies which the Club would have to challenge. And I do agree that a public forum is not appropriate to discuss a legal matter as few if any on here even know the full story from all parties. The situation has been highlighted via this forum and several posters have all indicated a willingness to take the matter forward on behalf of the fan in question. The rest of us will have to do something else until a definite answer is forthcoming.

And B&WArmy may be 'home' to some of us but from my experience it is very much a minority. None of my mates nor those that sit around me in the stadium post on here. Maybe an official conduit has to be implemented for formal communication between the fans and the Club but at the moment it is not obvious what it is.

I haven't read all the posts, but if the ban was a result of a letter sent to the club then surely the person affected should be entitled to a copy of that letter, and be in a position challenge the contents of that letter if the contents of that letter led the club to ban the person.

Perhaps the person concerned should ask under the freedom of information act to have sight of a document that led to his civil liberties being infringed.

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

I think the matter has been resolved. Josh will be at the game on Saturday if he wants. but he will never get the special moment back of watching his nephew make his home debut. for that reason I think police and Saints have made a mess of a nothing matter.

That's good news if true . About time .

6 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

I think the matter has been resolved. Josh will be at the game on Saturday if he wants. but he will never get the special moment back of watching his nephew make his home debut. for that reason I think police and Saints have made a mess of a nothing matter.

The matter is indeed resolved.Lessons have been learned and its time to move on.Lets get 3 points on the board on Saturday.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

9 months later, thousands of pounds of tax payers money wasted from police, procurator fiscal and court. 

Made out to be a criminal by certain people at club before a trail all to please the police,  banned from going to see st mirren at home. Name tarred with club / police.

3 days off unpaid to attend court, lawyers fees. 

Not guilty. 

What a waste of time and money 

20 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

9 months later, thousands of pounds of tax payers money wasted from police, procurator fiscal and court. 

Made out to be a criminal by certain people at club before a trail all to please the police,  banned from going to see st mirren at home. Name tarred with club / police.

Not guilty. 

Take it out on the Drum on Saturday. :)

25 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

Not guilty. 

Sorry but wasn't he fined and warned about his future behaviour. Why would the court do that if he was found not guilty?

4 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Sorry but wasn't he fined and warned about his future behaviour. Why would the court do that if he was found not guilty?

The person who invaded the pitch was, but the other guy walked/ran/danced free.