Loyal fan banned from club

TopCat

20 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Some excellent posts on here tonight. They really made me laugh. I hope the story is as Suggestion and all his witnesses say it is and I hope it all gets sorted out soon. It's an important lesson for everyone though. When your team is pish and they've just scraped a late lucky draw having been utterly outplayed by their rivals, don't celebrate the equaliser like the club just won the Champions League. IIRC I don't think I even got out of my seat for that goal against Morton.

Why would YOU celebrate?  You don't support Saints, or so you keep telling us. Another porkie?

13 hours ago, El Gingero said:

Good question.

Maybe doesn't want to step on anyone's toes on the board.

Oh.....Isn't that the point of having a guy on the board from SMISA.

14 hours ago, rebella15 said:

What has the SMiSA rep , David Nicol to say about this?

SMiSA board have discussed and agreed that our chairman,who was dealing with this issue before it came to light on here,should and is continuing to deal with this issue and speaking to police and the club.

10 hours ago, buddiecat said:

SMiSA board have discussed and agreed that our chairman,who was dealing with this issue before it came to light on here,should and is continuing to deal with this issue and speaking to police and the club.

But what does the propective candidate,  currently our representative , David Nicol, who must have discussed  this on the St Mirren board , to say about it. Nothing??

This is exactly the kind of issue that should benefit from having a fan representative on the board; someone who can directly bridge the gap between the stands and the boardroom. I would strongly urge the person in question (or any other interested person) to directly contact the current fan representative for a clear understanding of the clubs position and what assistance he is providing. If you don't get a decent/timely response then the fan rep isn't doing their job well.

The whole point of a fan representative is that we can individually contact him/her to voice these concerns and get direct information instead of gossiping in the forums and complaining. But if you haven't yet directly contact David Nicol (maybe you have, I don't know) letting him know exactly what you want/expect, then you will likely be left disappointed. 

3 hours ago, barrymitchell said:

I disagree, you are being funny. 

Ok, if you say so. The thing is what we have here is a fans representative sitting on the board of a football club, which the members of the Independent Supporters Association are helping to buy, who isn't visible on the most popular fans forum that this club has. Far from being aware of an issues that are developing, if someone doesn't e-mail him you seem to be suggesting that he won't have a clue what's being said on here. And to add to this obviously dubious situation he's also been nominated by the club chairman, and endorsed by the clubs CEO. And we're supposed to expect this "representative" to take members issues to the board. Has he read the Job Description? Is he aware he's supposed to be the "Voice of the Supporters in the boardroom"? :rolleyes: 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

42 minutes ago, antrin said:

Enough with your pish.

HE

HAS

NOT

BEEN 

ELECTED

Obviously, BUT 

HE 

IS

THE 

SMISA

REPRESENTATIVE

ON 

THE 

BOARD

If he isn't willing to represent the members of SMiSA then there should be no misconception about it. If Gordon Scott and Tony Fitzpatrick rate him so highly let them appoint him to the board, and leave SMiSA members to elect someone who isn't the boards puppet. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

David Nicol is SMISA's rep on the board to help drive the initiative for fans and GLS to take over the club.

He did not take that position to represent the members of SMISA for all aspects of their worries and concerns - there was  an specific focus to his engagement.

He wasn't brought in to look at every aspect of every fan's woes. I don't even know if the person currently banned is or was a SMISA member at the time of the dispute.

From what I have seen of the three people who put themselves forward for a post on the Board, they are all wiling to do that job - when and if they get that job.

Only a dickhead would take more than one explanation of the idiocy of the line with which you are pointlessly persisting.

Perhaps I have misjudged you - and it's not just more idiotic wanky pish.

12 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Ok, if you say so. The thing is what we have here is a fans representative sitting on the board of a football club, which the members of the Independent Supporters Association are helping to buy, who isn't visible on the most popular fans forum that this club has. Far from being aware of an issues that are developing, if someone doesn't e-mail him you seem to be suggesting that he won't have a clue what's being said on here. And to add to this obviously dubious situation he's also been nominated by the club chairman, and endorsed by the clubs CEO. And we're supposed to expect this "representative" to take members issues to the board. Has he read the Job Description? Is he aware he's supposed to be the "Voice of the Supporters in the boardroom"? :rolleyes: 

Does David Nicol use BAWA to communicate with fans?

Has he previously used it to garner support for himself to be elected to a position?

Is there an electronic means of communication available to reach David other than on here?

Is BAWA for Smisa members only or can any fan use it?

Is this an issue for Suggestion and the club to deal with, themselves?

Why should an anonymous "user name" on here have any contribution or influence on the discussion David may be having?

Are you a troll?

On 11/11/2016 at 1:05 AM, Stuart Dickson said:

Do you honestly think that this forum is the correct place for David to publicly discuss this issue (assuming he has even read this thread)? If a fan has an issue that they would like raised with the club then they must contact the fan representative directly. I am astounded that this isn't taken for granted! You don't just post something on a public internet forum and assume that someone will magically come to your aid. 

He may or may not have a clue about what is being said on this thread, but posting details about an individual matter here would be wholly unprofessional in my opinion.

If you have a problem with him being nominated by GS and TF then contact him directly. Tell him your vote is on the line. See if he can alleviate your fears. If he can't give you a decent response, fine. You have no idea if he has been at loggerheads with GS and TF in the boardroom so far or if they have been best buds. You are jumping to a lot of conclusions with very little evidence.

7 minutes ago, BoWSaint said:

Do you honestly think that this forum is the correct place for David to publicly discuss this issue (assuming he has even read this thread)? If a fan has an issue that they would like raised with the club then they must contact the fan representative directly. I am astounded that this isn't taken for granted! You don't just post something on a public internet forum and assume that someone will magically come to your aid. 

He may or may not have a clue about what is being said on this thread, but posting details about an individual matter here would be wholly unprofessional in my opinion.

If you have a problem with him being nominated by GS and TF then contact him directly. Tell him your vote is on the line. See if he can alleviate your fears. If he can't give you a decent response, fine. You have no idea if he has been at loggerheads with GS and TF in the boardroom so far or if they have been best buds. You are jumping to a lot of conclusions with very little evidence.

The Smisa chairman is on the case therefore no need for David to contribute to this thread.He,s an absolutely decent individual and there is no need to have a go at him.

Dialogue is ongoing and i hope a satisfactory outcome will be reached next week following clarification from the SPFL on a few issues.

Scots law says you are presumed innocent till proven guilty. and as Josh has not been charged he cannot even plead either way.There is no right of appeal at the club and i think that in itself is totally draconian.

In short i reckon he will have his ban rescinded sometime next week after consultation with people who have a wider grasp of legislation.

I am in constant contact with our chairman and CEO on this matter and as i said hope its concluded next week.

3 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

The Smisa chairman is on the case therefore no need for David to contribute to this thread.He,s an absolutely decent individual and there is no need to have a go at him.

Dialogue is ongoing and i hope a satisfactory outcome will be reached next week following clarification from the SPFL on a few issues.

Scots law says you are presumed innocent till proven guilty. and as Josh has not been charged he cannot even plead either way.There is no right of appeal at the club and i think that in itself is totally draconian.

In short i reckon he will have his ban rescinded sometime next week after consultation with people who have a wider grasp of legislation.

I am in constant contact with our chairman and CEO on this matter and as i said hope its concluded next week.

what is the exact timescale from the incident till your perceived conclusion next week. Could you state it in weeks and also say if you find that acceptable!

29 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

what is the exact timescale from the incident till your perceived conclusion next week. Could you state it in weeks and also say if you find that acceptable!

Its about 14 weeks and no i dont believe it is acceptable.In the meantime i need to trust the custodians of the club to prioritise this issue and do what they say they will do and clarify the position with the SPFL.

I think it would be entirely appropriate to expect a fan representative to read the fans forum. I'd be interested to find out how you think him waiting on an email is any different to what the old board used to do.

Its about 14 weeks and no i dont believe it is acceptable.In the meantime i need to trust the custodians of the club to prioritise this issue and do what they say they will do and clarify the position with the SPFL.

Is that not the problem? The SMiSA committee is trusting people to do stuff and even when there is no progress no one is held accountable. I've said before the club needs dynamism and leadership to pull it out of the mire and yet what it seems to have is people happy to have cosy chats whilst ignoring members concerns being raised in entirety relevant places.

Maybe my expectations are entirely unrealistic but I believed SMiSA when they said they had fresh ideas on how to improve the club.