Director Elections

HSS

I did challenge, MyScotFC raised more for Newmains than their local fan base (sponsors and club officials aside) did and funnily enough I wasn't running the project at Ebbsfleet. I'm frankly tired of your agenda against me though Stuart, not to mention bemused at how little of it is factual.

You voted to give Rangers preferential treatment and you raised less for Newmains over a period of years than Wishaw Wycombe will make from their Christmas raffle. That's factual. I honestly can't remember you challenging Gilmour at all on the figures. You just sat at the bottom end of the table and voted when told to. And when I challenged you on your thread you posted that you did it cause there were caveats, time had run out and you thought UEFA would intervene anyway. Utterly bizarre.

Far from having an agenda Kenny I'm calling it as I see it. You'd be rubbish as a fans rep on the board and the thought of you having influence in the shaping of the future of the sport I love fills me with absolute dread.

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You voted to give Rangers preferential treatment and you raised less for Newmains over a period of years than Wishaw Wycombe will make from their Christmas raffle. That's factual. I honestly can't remember you challenging Gilmour at all on the figures. You just sat at the bottom end of the table and voted when told to. And when I challenged you on your thread you posted that you did it cause there were caveats, time had run out and you thought UEFA would intervene anyway. Utterly bizarre.

Far from having an agenda Kenny I'm calling it as I see it. You'd be rubbish as a fans rep on the board and the thought of you having influence in the shaping of the future of the sport I love fills me with absolute dread.

Why didn't you stand for election. :blink:

1 minute ago, antrin said:

Then I'd imagine (if that were to happen) there would be more than one person dropping out of the Buy the Buds gig...

It's too serious a subject  to indulge in ridicule...

Aye that's true also. I don't think I would be the right person for SMiSA for a load of reasons, none of them which would relate to my capabilities. 

27 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Self deluded. To be full of one's self;believing your own lies to be truth, and living in your own world

Yeah some might say I'm deluded, definitely egotistical. I don't think I'm a complete genius. Wishaw Juniors slagged me off once for only making an £8k profit on the Sportsmans Dinner night at Wishaw Wycombe. I can only imagine Robert Watsons face when the guys at Newmains told him that after years of involvement MyScotFC raised £1k to help them out. :rolleyes: 

Stuart, we raised 1K in a year. I don't have records for year two or even whether anyone new joined. I don't even know if Gordon Bruce or Ian Rankin were in the management team for the full season after I handed the project over. As mentioned earlier, you may have missed it, the Newmains committee viewed us as additional funding and were handling the local engagement.

It should be pointed out that even the series of BBC articles did next to nothing to get anyone in through the door/gate. We had an information piece on Reporting Scotland, again nothing. I honestly can't remembering any more than maybe 3 fans at any one home game. Certainly Wishaw, at the sport centre, Shettleston, Carluke and Port Glasgow had more.

3 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Stuart, we raised 1K in a year. I don't have records for year two or even whether anyone new joined. I don't even know if Gordon Bruce or Ian Rankin were in the management team for the full season after I handed the project over. As mentioned earlier, you may have missed it, the Newmains committee viewed us as additional funding and were handling the local engagement.

It should be pointed out that even the series of BBC articles did next to nothing to get anyone in through the door/gate. We had an information piece on Reporting Scotland, again nothing. I honestly can't remembering any more than maybe 3 fans at any one home game. Certainly Wishaw, at the sport centre, Shettleston, Carluke and Port Glasgow had more.

So why did you fail then Kenny? Why has Newmains flat lined, whilst Carluke, Wishaw, Wishaw Wycombe, Motherwell AC, the local netball team, girls football, even the wheelchair football club all see large increases in revenue and numbers whilst your project failed? 

I'm well aware of the problems in my local neighbourhood. Motherwell AC when I first took my son down there had 4 track and field athletes and one coach. A once great club heavily sponsored by Lucozade had torn itself apart after Tommy Boyle decided to break it up. Every now and again the club still has a blow out but currently, as I understand it, the club has over 150 track and field athletes, and local run, jump, throw clubs that are attended by up to 50 kids at any time. They even had two veteran athletes - Benny and Phylis Hands - competing on the world stage and winning medals recently. When I was on the committee there the raffle on prize giving night - with all prizes donated from local businesses for free - would regularly raise between £1,000 and £1,500 on the night. The club has gotten bigger since so I'd imagine those figures are being dwarfed now yet at the time some involved at Motherwell AC, Airdrie Harriers and Cumbernauld believed that those kind of figures were only achievable by football clubs. 

At Wishaw Wycombe, when my youngest son joined them, had four teams across all the age groups. One man, Pat O'Donnell, ran everything without any help. Now, with my son playing for one of their two adult amateur sides - both of whom are top of their leagues - they've got a team in every age group and a hugely successful girls academy. Players like James Keatings, Rico Quitongo, Paul Quinn, Stephen O'Donnell, Jack Leitch, Robbie Leitch, Adam Livingstone, Jai Quitongo, Lewis Kidd, and loads of others - all graduates from the club.  Prize Giving nights got so big they packed out the Motherwell Civic to capacity two years ago. The club now has to host multiple prize giving nights just to accommodate everyone and the waiting lists to join each team could double the numbers if the club ever decided to go down that route too. 

At Wishaw Juniors the club was f**ked, bankrupt. It even folded. Local businesses lost all respect for the club. They lost their social club and their park when they failed to pay their VAT bill. They were playing at the Sports Centre at times when the athletics club kids were still on the track using times they had paid for at reception and those kids and their parents were refusing to be bullied into leaving early too. Indeed most people who wanted to watch the Juniors down there didn't pay to get in. Why would they, the two gates round the sides of the sports centre were always open. Today Wishaw Juniors have their own pitch, they often allow kids from Wishaw Wycombe in for free, their team has been promoted twice and local businesses are happy to back hard working guys like Robert Watson and his committee. Yet still the legacy haunts them. A proposal by the SFA that would have seen a new football complex - and an America Football pitch - open in Wishaw crashed and burned because some of the previously pissed off locals didn't want to touch Wishaw Juniors with a shitty stick. 

Juvenile sides like Newmains Hammers continue to thrive and provide local rivalry to Wishaw Wycombe and Villa Park and Netherton now have more sides in more age groups than ever before. And Wishaw HSFP even won the Scottish Amateur Cup in the period we're talking about. Yet you seem to have missed all those opportunities for supporter engagement and went with the idea of handing out leaflets to women shopping at Asda. 

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Aye, all more wanky pish about him, him, him...  ( I must assume, cos why read far beyond the poster's name...?)

you'd think a pipe-fitter would be capable of stopping such pish always leaking out.

It's not about me at all. It's about Kenny. I was involved as a parents rep on the committee at Motherwell AC years ago and I was on the committee at Wishaw Wycombe, but I've not been anything to do with any of the other organisations. The reason for highlighting them is that they are all right on the doorstep of Newmains and they are all local to me. I know the people, I know the issues, I know the successes and unfortunately for Kenny, I know the abject failures too.

He says his role was to expand the fan base. He says in his own thread that he did this by paying for and distributing leaflets at the local Asda. He says he brought in 30 members through MyScotFC over the period of a year and that he raised £1000 - a total of £33.33 per head. On Twitter MyScotFC had just 7 people following them. He says after 1 year he walked away "because Newmains were pish". Kenny put effort in to designing and setting up a website. IIRC he promised members to MyScotFC the opportunity to tell Newmains who they should sign. He delivered nothing. Indeed only 20 months ago Newmains United were on the verge of collapse yet again when the club landed up without any members on it's committee. Yet all around Newmains and Wishaw other clubs - even newly founded boys clubs like WIshaw Boys Club - have generated much more interest. 

And on top of all of that Kenny is one of 11 individuals amongst the St Mirren support who sat in the club boardroom listening to Stewart Gilmour talking about Armageddon, lapping up all the bollocks about how St Mirren wouldn't have renewed players contracts in March if only they had known how serious the financial situation was at Ibrox - a club that had a massive HMRC tax case looming, huge debts, and who were put into administration on the 14th of February. How big a f**king clue did Stewart Gilmour need. Yet Kenny shamefully voted with those 11 others in favour of granting "Rangers" the kind of favour and concession that was denied Gretna, Third Lanark and Airdrieonians before them. Kenny voted to give Rangers special treatment. And in his own testimony he says he did so because there were loads of caveats, the meeting had overrun and he hoped that UEFA might reverse the kind of bollocks he was voting in favour of. 

MyScotFC didn't have twitter when I was running the project. I'm not even sure I was on twitter in 2008/2009. I said the Newmains committee were handling local issues, so therefore the local fan base. Their committee arranged the ASDA leaflet session, a few of the MyScotFC guys helped out. £33.33 isn't too bad considering a lot of the members were foreign, has no attachment to the club and their only chance of seeing the club was in the match footage we filmed and provided for them.

Oh and we did run a vote on a signing from Clydebank, Thomas Brophy IIRC was the lads name. The members voted yes, we gave Newmains the fee and they signed him.

20 months ago is 2015, I handed the project over in 2009 and Mark closed it in 2010 or soon after. Is it seriously my fault that in approximately 5 years after the project closed Newmains were still struggling? By that logic Stuart, the fact I booked Drew Galloway for Scottish Championship Wrestling in 2002 means that it's down to me that he signed for the WWE and subsequently TNA. Grado was a trainee, so his entire career is due to me. Plus, of course, Mark Dallas and I chatted a bit back then so ICW's show at the Hydro on Sunday is down to me.

He'll be angry that you made only one mention of him in your reply...

You probably have already sussed this, Kenny, but logic (whether the usual type or HIS weirdly skewed view of reality)  won't prevail in any dealings with dickhead.

Ignoring him works better.... call it 'a dignified silence' if you will.

MyScotFC didn't have twitter when I was running the project. I'm not even sure I was on twitter in 2008/2009. I said the Newmains committee were handling local issues, so therefore the local fan base. Their committee arranged the ASDA leaflet session, a few of the MyScotFC guys helped out. £33.33 isn't too bad considering a lot of the members were foreign, has no attachment to the club and their only chance of seeing the club was in the match footage we filmed and provided for them.

Oh and we did run a vote on a signing from Clydebank, Thomas Brophy IIRC was the lads name. The members voted yes, we gave Newmains the fee and they signed him.

20 months ago is 2015, I handed the project over in 2009 and Mark closed it in 2010 or soon after. Is it seriously my fault that in approximately 5 years after the project closed Newmains were still struggling? By that logic Stuart, the fact I booked Drew Galloway for Scottish Championship Wrestling in 2002 means that it's down to me that he signed for the WWE and subsequently TNA. Grado was a trainee, so his entire career is due to me. Plus, of course, Mark Dallas and I chatted a bit back then so ICW's show at the Hydro on Sunday is down to me.

Ok. I'll let others decide if your recruitment of members to your project, your £1000 raised for the club etc is impressive or not. But I'll give you some comparisons from the Wishaw Wycombe management committee reports from 2010. 4 hours bag packing at Morrisons in Wishaw raised £450. A day's bag packing at Tesco in Wishaw raised £960. The Christmas Raffle made a profit of £1277. The Summer Ball made £4100 profit. And the Sportsman's Dinner £8700 profit. Many of the teams ran their own race nights where the proceeds raised were used directly to fund each of those sides trips to tournaments in Blackpool, Germany, Belgium and Netherlands. The 98s ran a prize raffle for just our team and raised £900 towards a trip to Sunderland and when we were struggling to get new strips one of our parents contacted a few of his mates who all chipped in £50 - £100 for the chance to sponsor our new kit, we actually funded a new home, away and training kit in the end.

So how would you attract new supporters and new revenue to St Mirren?

• 3 weeks later...