Director Election Candidacy - Kenny Morrison

TsuMirren

I don't think Kenny would pack in SMiSA for Edu.He has always wanted to be involved with SMFC and wouldn't give that up for some 2 bob outfit that might not even take off despite their ambition.

I could be wrong but got to be more to it than that.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

I don't think Kenny would pack in SMiSA for Edu.He has always wanted to be involved with SMFC and wouldn't give that up for some 2 bob outfit that might not even take off despite their ambition.

I don't know Kenny at all but I felt at the time of the election he was very enthusiastic about the future for SMiSA. As a member of SMiSA, I assume that some explanation will be made available to all of us. Wouldn't say I'm alarmed at this stage but I am a tad concerned. It just sounds a bit odd.

2 hours ago, HSS said:

There could be any number of personal/work related reasons to decide to step down from the committee, all of which could be completely reasonable, or just common sense. The concern is Kenny saying he's cancelled his membership too. Again the reason could be any number of non contentious ones, but it does sound a bit concerning.

Edited by Lord Pityme

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

There could be any number of personal/work related reasons to decide to step down from the committee, all of which could be completely reasonable, or just common sense. The concern is Kenny saying he's cancelled his membership too. Again the reason could be any number of non contentious ones, but it does sound a bit concerning.

If it was personal or work reasons then Kenny would have said that.Something has happened behind the scenes that has pissed him off.He will be sorely missed by SMiSA.

7 minutes ago, HSS said:

If it was personal or work reasons then Kenny would have said that.Something has happened behind the scenes that has pissed him off.He will be sorely missed by SMiSA.

Agreed. Totally respect his decision to keep his own counsel on his reason for stepping down, that said if a major concern regarding how smisa is operating has lead to him cancelling his membership, that might in that circumstance be something all members should know, and make their own judgement on.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Agreed. Totally respect his decision to keep his own counsel on his reason for stepping down, that said if a major concern regarding how smisa is operating has lead to him cancelling his membership, that might in that circumstance be something all members should know, and make their own judgement on.

The members of SMiSA should be informed ASAP of the reason for Kennys resignation.

51 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I don't know the chap but over the years and for want of a better expression, I too crossed swords with him on occasion (no great shakes) but, on the forum, his passion for St Mirren and being involved (Ebbsfleet, Newmains and SMISA) has been evident and his sudden resignation from SMISA and discontinuation of his SMISA membership suggests something is amiss.

He's always struck me as a fella who'd stick to his guns, so surprised to hear he is walking away completely from SMISA.

When others have stepped down from SMISA, there's been suggestions of things behind the scenes not being right?? LPM, you were accused of being bitter (or words to that effect {if memory serves me right]) when you resigned from the SMISA committee.

Whether coughing up £1440 or £2500 or whatever over the course for SMISA membership, it certainly fuels doubts of things not being right with SMISA. Perhaps, he just tired of doing as much as he was.

Edited by Graeme Aitken

23 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

I don't know the chap but over the years and for want of a better expression, I too crossed swords with him on occasion (no great shakes) but, on the forum, his passion for St Mirren and being involved (Ebbsfleet, Newmains and SMISA) has been evident and his sudden resignation from SMISA and discontinuation of his SMISA membership suggests something is amiss.

He's always struck me as a fella who'd stick to his guns, so surprised to hear he is walking away completely from SMISA.

When others have stepped down from SMISA, there's been suggestions of things behind the scenes not being right?? LPM, you were accused of being bitter (or words to that effect {if memory serves me right]) when you resigned from the SMISA committee.

Whether coughing up £1440 or £2500 or whatever over the course for SMISA membership, it certainly fuels doubts of things not being right with SMISA. Perhaps, he just tired of doing as much as he was.

Its a cheap, and lazy shot (by whoever) to simply suggest i stepped down from the Smisa committee just to be bitter. The main reason i stepped down was the committee's decisions to not fully inform and consult the membership over big issues that the constitution demanded they do. In short decisions with members funds were taken on the hoof to favour the club.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Its a cheap, and lazy shot (by whoever) to simply suggest i stepped down from the Smisa committee just to be bitter. The main reason i stepped down was the committee's decisions to not fully inform and consult the membership over big issues that the constitution demanded they do. In short decisions with members funds were taken on the hoof to favour the club.

LPM, for the avoidance of doubt, I am not saying you were bitter but accusations of that kind were thrown at you on this forum however long ago it was. What concerned me then, was the concerns you raised. Now we have a fella, who stood in the director elections, who has demonstrated year on year, of his desire to be involved in football, has walked away from the biggest gig going. The question Why? has got to be asked.

Wasn't there a 3rd person on SMISA committee who walked away too?  Coincidence??

16 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

LPM, for the avoidance of doubt, I am not saying you were bitter but accusations of that kind were thrown at you on this forum however long ago it was. What concerned me then, was the concerns you raised. Now we have a fella, who stood in the director elections, who has demonstrated year on year, of his desire to be involved in football, has walked away from the biggest gig going. The question Why? has got to be asked.

Wasn't there a 3rd person on SMISA committee who walked away too?  Coincidence??

Wasnt suggesting you had said it hence the (whoever).

in the last year six people have stepped down completely or in one case partially from the Smisa committee.

Thanks for all the kind words, I think Neil said stuff too. haha

Anyway, I am still keeping my counsel on why I resigned from the board/committee and then left SMISA altogether. I don't think it helps St Mirren or SMISA to go raking over everything and there's plenty of time for everyone to get things sorted. Overall, phase 1 is almost complete and numbers are around 1,260 so plenty of scope for getting over the line early or as planned with cash in the pocket. I have joined Edu, but only after their launch and it had no impact on my decision to resign. 

I noticed some felt I should have let SMISA announce I'd resigned. That may never have happened, much like they haven't announced others or stated who now attends committee meetings. The same meetings held every second Monday, from 6PM at the UWS hub...just contact them if you'd like to attend. So, that part answer's Callum's question. Workload can be as little or as much as you like and all under the banner of being volunteers.

8 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

Thanks for all the kind words, I think Neil said stuff too. haha

Anyway, I am still keeping my counsel on why I resigned from the board/committee and then left SMISA altogether. I don't think it helps St Mirren or SMISA to go raking over everything and there's plenty of time for everyone to get things sorted. Overall, phase 1 is almost complete and numbers are around 1,260 so plenty of scope for getting over the line early or as planned with cash in the pocket. I have joined Edu, but only after their launch and it had no impact on my decision to resign. 

I noticed some felt I should have let SMISA announce I'd resigned. That may never have happened, much like they haven't announced others or stated who now attends committee meetings. The same meetings held every second Monday, from 6PM at the UWS hub...just contact them if you'd like to attend. So, that part answer's Callum's question. Workload can be as little or as much as you like and all under the banner of being volunteers.

Thanks for your wee update Kenny and taking the time to actually engage with members/fans on here. I think most will be able to read between the lines regarding the outside "interference" that dogs smisa, and inspite of whatever thought, aim or reasoning those 'outsiders' getting involved have, they cant see they are damaging something that signifies so much about the embryonic renaissance at the club.

it will come back to take a huge bite out of their arses!

No smoke without fire springs to mind and it certainly appears there is something for Tsu to have cancelled his membership too.

That should concern the majority of the 1200 odd members.

It appears that SMISA requires a significant overhaul or it should change it's name to SMSA & remove the Independent bit.

1 hour ago, Graeme Aitken said:

No smoke without fire springs to mind and it certainly appears there is something for Tsu to have cancelled his membership too.

That should concern the majority of the 1200 odd members.

It appears that SMISA requires a significant overhaul or it should change it's name to SMSA & remove the Independent bit.

No sure it "should concern" the majority as I suspect the majority are still comfortable with the way SMISA goes about its business.

I do agree some sort of communication to members could clear this up as many will use this situation to try to cause mischief. :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No sure it "should concern" the majority as I suspect the majority are still comfortable with the way SMISA goes about its business.

I do agree some sort of communication to members could clear this up as many will use this situation to try to cause mischief. :rolleyes:

I accept SMiSA don't have to tell us anything but if they're gonna be that precious with the information then what was the point of the buyout?

Image result for ollum preciousTsuMirren's replacement?

I personally think, given in what direction Smisa are heading (to be in charge of the club), that it's time someone professional (a CA; Solicitor etc (they could even be retired with time to spare)) is employed, even on a retainer, to oversee things - the bowling club approach needs to end.