The United States of America Election 2016

shull

24 minutes ago, Svard svard said:

That's good news about the dollar unless you are a muslim,latino,black,chinese,a woman or any other race/creed/sex for that matter as they will all be banned from America.

What the fact the pound is up a whole....wait for it....1/10th of a cent against it in early trading this morning !

Shows the weakness of our economy really as the predictions were a soar in the £ if Trump won - hasn't happened !

13 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

They don't, its more complicated than that and anyway  Al Gore actually got around 500,000 more votes than George W Bush. When you watch the documentary it's better explained on there.

I'm expecting a fairly healthy win for Clinton tonight, not in terms of votes but definitely in terms of the electoral votes and states carried. She seems to have the most important ones tied up. It's been a quite incredible couple of years though. I watched Trump on one of the major US networks this time last year and I have to admit he had me sold. A good dose of common sense  on how to tackle the war in Syria had me convinced. Not that it would ever make any difference anyway. Both Clinton and Trump would be well controlled by the establishment in the US.  

That went well.

2 hours ago, RickMcD said:

I kept telling myself that the American people would never elect this bloody clown and I thought the result would be embarrassing for the Trumpet. Shows what I know. The Gadarene Swine live.

Whenever I heard anyone saying the Americans would never elect him I tried to point out the elected George W Bush - twice! Well, in fairness, they might not the first time...

1 hour ago, Kendo said:

He was really complementary about Clinton in his acceptance speech.

I thought she was supposed to be the most corrupt politician ever and he was going to put her in jail? 

| heard that too - there is not a hope in hell he had any part in writing that speech.

4 hours ago, Longtimecoming said:

Yep.

Shows you how stupid Yanks will fall for any shite.

He supports big business and gives not one f**k for ordinary people.

You mean like the English and 1m  Scots falling for Brexit........ OR

Maybe people have had enough of voting for the same old shite. Plus land of the free would have become a Dynasty. If Clinton had won that would have been 20 years of last 28 . 1989 Bush 1993 Clinton then another Bush... a wee 8 year gap with Obhama then back to a Clinton.....

Glad they at least went for the unknown. Added to fact Clinton like Obhama would have been powerless

Republicans have Congress, Senate and Supreme just they have a tosser at the helm......

Should be fun!!

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

That went well.

Whenever I heard anyone saying the Americans would never elect him I tried to point out the elected George W Bush - twice! Well, in fairness, they might not the first time...

| heard that too - there is not a hope in hell he had any part in writing that speech.

Eh Cough Cough I predicted a Trump win yesterday on here.

So for a £5 bet placed last August on Leicester to win League, Brexit and Trump you would have got back £12,500,000

BTW the Simpsons predicted a Trump win in 2000....... Check on the cartoon, only error was they said 2015 

Pollsters and political 'experts' get it wrong again. Just goes to show that while these guys might know politicians, they don't know people.

It's quite interesting listening to all these same guys on the radio today with their revisionist analysis as to why Trump won.

I guess it easier to predict things like elections and referendums in a stable environment when people are more likely to vote for the status quo instead of during times of recession or great uncertainty when all bets are off. 

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

and our first minister openly supporting Clinton despite telling us Obama had no right to express his opinion about Scotland and the UK.

I think you will see that all Scottish political leaders inc Davidson & Dugshit were united this morning in their concern at the result - they were all rooting for Clinton so why pick out that Sturgeon was openly supporting Clinton ?

This result will have zero bearing on politics in the back water that is Scotland and vice versa - pointless even trying to spin a Scottish angle to it.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Watched it unfold during my teabreaks at work last night.

It was quite funny to see the professional spin doctors of the Democratic Party's world collapse, they were feeling confident at the start of the season even through the exit polls up till the results came in.

Complacent Clinton what have you done?

Image result for geprge clinton

Have you ever checked out Steven Brown art ? He has just opened his second shop in Ayr. Your attached  photo made me think of him. 

8 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Why wouldnt you? The relationship between the USA and the UK will be one of our most important aspects it always is. Shame the SNP killed their relationship with the US by releasing the Lockerbie bomber and by creating a war with Trump over some wind turbines.

Should build the biggest wind turbine farm facing his golf course.The turbines in the colours of the Mexican flag

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just shows we must have a special feeling for America when you read the posts on this thread. If it's Russia, Germany, Spain nobody gives a shot.  

Love the US or loath the US it's still the most influential country in the world and any US presidential election will always be big news over here as in most places around the world. Watch this space re French and German elections - they will be getting a lot more UK coverage than previously very shortly !

41 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have you ever checked out Steven Brown art ? He has just opened his second shop in Ayr. Your attached  photo made me think of him. 

Was in the shop yesterday - seriously impressive displays, probably one of the best planned shops I've visited.

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

You mean like the English and 1m  Scots falling for Brexit........ OR

Maybe people have had enough of voting for the same old shite. Plus land of the free would have become a Dynasty. If Clinton had won that would have been 20 years of last 28 . 1989 Bush 1993 Clinton then another Bush... a wee 8 year gap with Obhama then back to a Clinton.....

Glad they at least went for the unknown. Added to fact Clinton like Obhama would have been powerless

Republicans have Congress, Senate and Supreme just they have a tosser at the helm......

Should be fun!!

Yes will be great fun if you like nutters having control of nuclear weapons.

I've always thought Americans a bit on the dim side politically.

Voting for this bellend sums it up for me.

Would not be in the least surprised if Trump is dead within the year.

10 minutes ago, Longtimecoming said:

Mate we have plenty of nutters controlling nukes.... Putin, Chinese , French to name 3.

Yes I agree on Trumps reign, maybe its all been decided already ...... Even his own party hates him

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate we have plenty of nutters controlling nukes.... Putin, Chinese , French to name 3.

Yes I agree on Trumps reign, maybe its all been decided already ...... Even his own party hates him

You are correct of course.

It is now just a question who presses that button first.

I fear for the world.

I don't believe anyone will press the button, but sure we have a massive ego in a chair now. I honestly believe the Bush family were far more dangerous. Trump will be poor but then again we have BJ has foreign secretary and a mad witch as PM.......

I feel sorry for our kids----- what a crap world

50 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Was in the shop yesterday - seriously impressive displays, probably one of the best planned shops I've visited.

I have bought quite a few prints and will get more going to use his art in my Bistro a unique Scottish style I love. 

41 minutes ago, Longtimecoming said:

Then you can celebrate someone else dying. 

Not nice 

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I don't believe anyone will press the button, but sure we have a massive ego in a chair now. I honestly believe the Bush family were far more dangerous. Trump will be poor but then again we have BJ has foreign secretary and a mad witch as PM.......

I feel sorry for our kids----- what a crap world

Watched a documentary the American system is quite different  from ours in that it's not the presidency that make up all of the decisions they are a sort of front man spokesman for big business and the armed forces generals. Obama inner circle were all bankers. 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

No but I'll check it out. the download is of No.1 Clinton - George!

It's a bit distorted due to the image being so large but then much of the music George made was a little distorted too......:whistle 

Edited by Bud the Baker