'Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.' SMiSA Director Election.

RickMcD

19 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Buddiecat, just for clarification.....SMiSA may well be an independent group who own shares in the club ( a fair chunk of shares and working with the Chairman to become the largest shareholder) but also have a member co-opted on to the Club Board. Are the club really suggesting that a current member of the Club Board can't be trusted with a set of keys or has the question never been asked??

The question has been asked,the answer as i wrote above is,we were told we couldn't have meetings at the stadium because we did not have a key holder attending all our meetings. I can only guess that there is some restriction on the number of people who can hold keys and quite honestly i personally would not want to be a key holder at the moment as i would become liable for everything held in the stadium and for the conduct of everyone at meetings.I don't for a minute think anyone of the committee would do anything untoward at meetings,but it is a big responsibility which would also mean i would have to make myself available for call outs from police etc., if anything happened at the stadium in the middle of the night.

When we do become owners,that would be different because i would take it as part of my duty as a committee member to take on responsibilities and by then i would have more time on my hands because i will have retired from my daily job and will be looking for something to keep me occupied.

It's not a matter of trust it's a matter of  there being any availability for another key holder and also of someone in our group actually wanting to hold keys 24 hours a day 365 days a year.And more to the point it actually suits the majority of the group to have meetings in the town centre because they are actually walking direct from work or getting off a bus from work and going straight to a meeting and being able to get something to eat there,in my case i can walk from home to meetings after having my dinner,and on one week in five i work until 6.00pm so have to go along late but not too late as i work in the town centre as well as live there.

I have been a key holder in a previous job and can tell you from experience,it's no fun being responsible for making sure the alarm system is on and working and even less fun being called out in the middle of the night because the alarm has gone off and you have to go into every single room to satisfy police that nobody is in there,usually with the police just waiting in their car for you to do that on your own,that is if the police actually turn up,most of the time they just let you get on with it and wait for you to contact the alarm monitoring company to say you have checked and all is well.So i'll wait until i retire and can get a large feck off dug to take with me.

14 hours ago, Liverpool Bud said:

I'm with Sonny on this one and frankly Ricky as someone who posts such positive vibes and talks up the club at every opportunity I'm confused that you trivialise the voting procedure.

i took the time to read the statements - watch the clips and match my wishes for the way the club goes forward and chose the candidate I felt would deliver 

Gents I think it's churlish to decry a candidate based on who did or didn't nominate them

we are all Saints together ! KTF ⚽️

I promise you I had no intention of trivialising the procedure. I've read the three passages a few times but in my opinion there wasn't enough in them for me to identify a winner. So far as who nominated whom, I assume that Gordon and Tony realised that some eyebrows would be raised before they came to their decision. Anyway, I still can't make up my mind so will probably pass. I feel really sorry for Kenny having been traduced by you know who. Must be damned nearly libellous.

10 hours ago, buddiecat said:

The question has been asked,the answer as i wrote above is,we were told we couldn't have meetings at the stadium because we did not have a key holder attending all our meetings. I can only guess that there is some restriction on the number of people who can hold keys and quite honestly i personally would not want to be a key holder at the moment as i would become liable for everything held in the stadium and for the conduct of everyone at meetings.I don't for a minute think anyone of the committee would do anything untoward at meetings,but it is a big responsibility which would also mean i would have to make myself available for call outs from police etc., if anything happened at the stadium in the middle of the night.

When we do become owners,that would be different because i would take it as part of my duty as a committee member to take on responsibilities and by then i would have more time on my hands because i will have retired from my daily job and will be looking for something to keep me occupied.

It's not a matter of trust it's a matter of  there being any availability for another key holder and also of someone in our group actually wanting to hold keys 24 hours a day 365 days a year.And more to the point it actually suits the majority of the group to have meetings in the town centre because they are actually walking direct from work or getting off a bus from work and going straight to a meeting and being able to get something to eat there,in my case i can walk from home to meetings after having my dinner,and on one week in five i work until 6.00pm so have to go along late but not too late as i work in the town centre as well as live there.

I have been a key holder in a previous job and can tell you from experience,it's no fun being responsible for making sure the alarm system is on and working and even less fun being called out in the middle of the night because the alarm has gone off and you have to go into every single room to satisfy police that nobody is in there,usually with the police just waiting in their car for you to do that on your own,that is if the police actually turn up,most of the time they just let you get on with it and wait for you to contact the alarm monitoring company to say you have checked and all is well.So i'll wait until i retire and can get a large feck off dug to take with me.

Thanks Buddiecat, a previous poster appeared to be looking to make mischief out of the situation and I was hoping that nothing untoward was happening, glad to hear it's not.

With regards to alarm call-outs I'm with you.........I've got my own business and it has other key holders but I always feel it's my business and therefore my responsibility to attend when possible.

12 hours ago, TopCat said:

I assume David Nicol was part of the board that appointed Jack Ross?

If so, that will be the end of his candidacy. When will he be withdrawing from the race?

What a shocker.

Stuart Dick liked this post . That says it all for me .

3 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

Yes, but then I'm just back from Reykjavik. More facts that you've chosen to ignore/shape.

Admittedly I did wear my St Mirren hat all week and had a chat about the club with a tour guide.

f**k sake Kenny. I stated a fact. He is the only one who has turned up to wash the seats. Was David Nicol in Reykjavik with you? 

15 minutes ago, div said:

Turn out of just about 50% is a wee bit disappointing

Probably indicative of how a lot of people are feeling about the club just now. What a damn shame we are in such a mess. Oh, for the heady days of scrapping for survival in the SPL after the split. Halcyon days, eh...?

3 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Hmm, can't make up my mind if the SMiSA membership have elected Andy Pandy or Gordon the Gopher. At least it wasn't Krusty the Clown :rolleyes:

They elected a person who was very involved in and put a lot of hard work in to make fan ownership possible. I think that it's good that he gets first crack at it. Anyhow I don't envy him or any of the current board members the task they have at this difficult time. 

Well done David and the best of luck.

36 minutes ago, div said:

Hard lines to David Riley and Kenny and good on you standing and putting yourself forward.

Turn out of just about 50% is a wee bit disappointing

50% turnout is roughly what won Trump the presidency. I'm sure we got a better man with our 50% :)

9 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Hmm, can't make up my mind if the SMiSA membership have elected Andy Pandy or Gordon the Gopher. At least it wasn't Krusty the Clown :rolleyes:

Could it possibly be they have elected the person they thought was best.Just because you didn't want David Nicol to win is no reason to go suggesting he is a puppet.As you may be aware i have been at weekly meetings with David since talks began with Gordon Scott and i assure you he is no puppet,far from it in fact.