'Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.' SMiSA Director Election.

RickMcD

17 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Hmm, can't make up my mind if the SMiSA membership have elected Andy Pandy or Gordon the Gopher. At least it wasn't Krusty the Clown :rolleyes:

Dearie me, Stuart. What a sad, embittered life you seem to be living.

1 hour ago, buddiecat said:

Could it possibly be they have elected the person they thought was best.Just because you didn't want David Nicol to win is no reason to go suggesting he is a puppet.As you may be aware i have been at weekly meetings with David since talks began with Gordon Scott and i assure you he is no puppet,far from it in fact.

I had very little opinion on David Nicol to be honest. But I did note that he was nominated by the club chairman, endorsed by the CEO, and that the SMiSA committee also appeared to want to steer the membership into electing him - always a good reason for being suspicious. Hopefully he'll make himself more readily available to the membership over the next 24 months than he has done over the last 5 and hopefully he will stand up for the membership and the clubs customer base in general and do the job he has been elected to do. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I do not know why there is any disappointment with the turn out of the vote as the SMiSA membership is vastly inflated due to the fact there was no option to help buy the club unless you joined SMiSA. I think you will find most are not really interested in the actual person who is on the board. Only those who are actively involved in the SMiSA organisation. Then add to the fact since fan ownership we have not won got beaten by Morton, had a change in management and still doing the same as the old regime. Now we are at least 3 games. Adrift of getting a play off spot and a real possibility of dropping down and going part time. Who in SMiSA is going to change anything as the extra 24k we have spare is not going to make a big impact

10 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Should I not pass opinion? Am I not entitled to that? 

I've noticed that seems to happen more and more on here these days particularly when I comment on something SMiSA related. 

There is passing on opinion, and then there is being personally offensive towards others who you perhaps don't agree with, and generally, unremittingly negative about all things St Mirren.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

There is passing on opinion, and then there is being personally offensive towards others who you perhaps don't agree with, and generally, unremittingly negative about all things St Mirren.

He's obviously left wing, because according to him the left have a difficulty accepting election results.

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 11:02 AM, renfrew said:

Having read and listen to all 3 I just don't know. All 3 seem to me to be well able to do the job and since I don't know any of them, I will likely not bother to vote. Best of luck to them all.

That's an interesting point not voting with only statements from the candidates on SMISA. To be fair Kenny put himself forward for any questions on this forum.  This has been the first election for the board SMISA should take on board not everyone voted one reason could be which you have highlighted to why you did note vote. A good idea would be a QA section  on the SMISA sight.  Another would be a live presentation at the fans bar by candidates  ending with a QA  to the candidates.  

Aye cause looking around St Mirren there is so much to be unremittingly positive about, isn't there?

The club needs a massive kick up the arse from the car park attendants, through the ticket office, through the academy, the playing squad and through the boardroom. I had hoped it would have happened with the change of owner but the club is still sinking. And given the chance to deliver that boot up the arse the SMiSA membership have elected the candidate the board are most comfortable with.

Will we ever see the promised community programmes? Will we ever see the promise to fans decanted for the Rangers mat has delivered? Will we have to wait on the SFA pulling funding on the Academy before the club wake up to how inefficient that operation is?

I don't know if any of the three candidates would have delivered what's needed. Kenny Morrison defininately wouldn't. His definition of success is everyone else's definition of failure. I'm glad he came last. Maybe I'm misjudging David Nicol and doing him a disservice but what is he going to do in the next six months that is any different to the nothing that he's done over the last five?

I didn't vote, same as the original post I felt that the three of them were pretty much the same. Maybe that's because all I have to judge them on is a short video and statement but I felt the statements were very generic just the same stuff about improving town/club/fans relations without anyone actually going into much detail about what they'd do in this regard. Again maybe because they're not on the board yet they don't know what powers they would have etc so have kept statements vague but it didn't help me deciding who to vote for.

I didn't vote, same as the original post I felt that the three of them were pretty much the same. Maybe that's because all I have to judge them on is a short video and statement but I felt the statements were very generic just the same stuff about improving town/club/fans relations without anyone actually going into much detail about what they'd do in this regard. Again maybe because they're not on the board yet they don't know what powers they would have etc so have kept statements vague but it didn't help me deciding who to vote for.

You missed my question thread in the SMISA section of this forum then. Not to worry, maybe you didn't know there is a SMISA section or you missed the tweets. Either way, the important thing is that we had a properly contested election.

2 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

You missed my question thread in the SMISA section of this forum then. Not to worry, maybe you didn't know there is a SMISA section or you missed the tweets. Either way, the important thing is that we had a properly contested election.

Kenny that's the whole point I wrote about. A evening with candidates in the fans bar. Would like to see this implemented in the future. 

Kenny that's the whole point I wrote about. A evening with candidates in the fans bar. Would like to see this implemented in the future. 

So would I, but then again we did at least run the election pretty soon after the takeover. I've no doubt the next election will be different.

Going forward, I'd like to see those sort of nights just for SMISA updates and discussion. Not talking monthly, but maybe every six months. It'd allow things to not get lost in email for example and SMISA's committee could get their point across better. Combined with a forum and regular updates it'd make engagement a lot easier/better.