Need some help for Saturday

I've got a lift Sonny ,thank you for the kind offer,I may get back to you,I don't take much looking after my mobility varies from day to day.see above post

My season ticket is the West Bank ES but happy to sit using your carer's ticket where you normally sit. Let me know if I can be of help. :)

Sonny its sorted thank you for your kind offer.

My Big Buddy in EK will take care of  me in the Family Stand 

I changed my ticket for the day

[emoji3]

Glad you are sorted ES. I am sure you will be well taken care of. Enjoy the game. And no swearing now! :)

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

Glad you are sorted ES. I am sure you will be well taken care of. Enjoy the game. And no swearing now! :)

Sonny... total respect for your willingness to step in and help a stranger in need.

He's actually not a total arse, which is very unusual in a forum... but you weren't to know that so as I said... total respect!

EagleshamSaintconvertedfromSon... as the good people have said... mind yer P's and Q's in our esteemed holding area! Abuse has to be creative!!!

9 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Sonny... total respect for your willingness to step in and help a stranger in need.

He's actually not a total arse, which is very unusual in a forum... but you weren't to know that so as I said... total respect!

EagleshamSaintconvertedfromSon... as the good people have said... mind yer P's and Q's in our esteemed holding area! Abuse has to be creative!!!

Thanks EK but I am sure plenty of others would have volunteered - I just saw the request soon after it was posted by ES.

And there are some dicks on this forum but there are also many, many unsung heroes who fully support the Club, their fellow Buds and their fellow human beings. This week some guys finishing washing down every single seat in the stadium for the Club and fellow Buds and Away supporters. A guy that sits behind me volunteered to help some veterans from Erskine last week. He is also helping to organise a foodbank collection at the stadium before Xmas. Also in the last few weeks some fans have provided expertise and money to help with the disabled platform and some offered their practical services to help a fellow Bud who had an ongoing dispute. These are just a few examples that I am aware of over the last few weeks. I can think of loads more examples of Buds helping the Club and fellow Buds. Some spend all their time bumping their gums and criticising everything about the Club but the unsung heroes let their actions do their talking for them. That is what it is to be a fan and a Buddie.

Very well put, Sonny.

I'll concede that I am a total arse, but you are, of course, correct. Indeed, we first met in person when collecting with others for Yorkhill Kids Hospital a couple of years back. The passing Buddies on their way into the game were quick to put their hands in their pockets and throw a couple of  bob in our buckets. I also recall the fantastic response to a foodbank donation appeal. The wheelies were stacked.

Just occasionally, we Buds can afford to give ourselves a pat on the back. We aren't the worst:)

Edited by Drew

12 hours ago, Sonny said:

Thanks EK but I am sure plenty of others would have volunteered - I just saw the request soon after it was posted by ES.

And there are some dicks on this forum but there are also many, many unsung heroes who fully support the Club, their fellow Buds and their fellow human beings. This week some guys finishing washing down every single seat in the stadium for the Club and fellow Buds and Away supporters. A guy that sits behind me volunteered to help some veterans from Erskine last week. He is also helping to organise a foodbank collection at the stadium before Xmas. Also in the last few weeks some fans have provided expertise and money to help with the disabled platform and some offered their practical services to help a fellow Bud who had an ongoing dispute. These are just a few examples that I am aware of over the last few weeks. I can think of loads more examples of Buds helping the Club and fellow Buds. Some spend all their time bumping their gums and criticising everything about the Club but the unsung heroes let their actions do their talking for them. That is what it is to be a fan and a Buddie.

AMEN to that Brother Sonny... ... if Eaglesham Saint does my nut in though... can you bail me out? :P

It makes you think that there should be a thread on this forum or official website where individuals who live in towns such as East Kilbride could get in touch with fellow buds from the same area and car share on occasions if needs be.

I know Griff organised a football tournament through in Stirling about 20 years ago and put 2 St Mirren supporting friends who both commuted through from the fife area to St Mirren games and they are now best mates. :-)

I am sure the club could even get involved in some sort of database / app set up where people could get in touch with other buds and travel to games and make the match day experience that wee bit better for fans. I am sure there are hundreds of buds who attend games from far and wide who wouldn't mind the company every now and then on their commute to and from St Mirren defeats. ;-)

I think there is a lot mileage in this for someone in that line of work because every football club, rugby club etc could have their own app and link their supporters to fellow fans living far from the team they support. Maybe something for Div and the likes to work on. :-)

On 18/11/2016 at 9:32 AM, Drew said:

Very well put, Sonny.

I'll concede that I am a total arse, but you are, of course, correct. Indeed, we first met in person when collecting with others for Yorkhill Kids Hospital a couple of years back. The passing Buddies on their way into the game were quick to put their hands in their pockets and throw a couple of  bob in our buckets. I also recall the fantastic response to a foodbank donation appeal. The wheelies were stacked.

Just occasionally, we Buds can afford to give ourselves a pat on the back. We aren't the worst:)

Cheers Drew. Glad we made some money for Yorkhill but I would still have loved to have seen DVZ run on to the pitch wearing a black and white striped mankini :)  

And I do believe there is a good sense of community within the fanbase. One that should be encouraged to help the Club, fellow supporters and the wider community.

And due to Mr Zo's suggestion I stay a few miles outside Beith towards Kilwinning. If any Bud in the area is stuck for a lift to The Theatre of Nightmares them feel free to PM me and see what we can arrange. COYS