Ayrshire
6.25%
Glasgow
6.25%
Elsewhere in Scotland
12.50%
Outside Scotand
25.00%

Well done smitchu2. Since this is a thread about fans outside Paisley the figures may be skewered a bit and obviously the representative total is too small but I would hope the Club would conduct such a survey of season ticket holders at least in order to better address supporters' needs.

As an aside, on Saturday at Ayr I met up with 2 friends - one now living in Renfrew and one living in Lochwinnoch. They had another guy with them from down South (cannot remember the town) who had come up for the game. I also met an old friend and his pal who now both live in Glasgow. None of us now live in Paisley (I stay in Ayrshire myself). In fact most of the supporters I know now live outside Paisley but I have no idea how representative that is.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, Sonny said:

Well done smitchu2. Since this is a thread about fans outside Paisley the figures may be skewered a bit and obviously the representative total is too small but I would hope the Club would conduct such a survey of season ticket holders at least in order to better address supporters' needs.

As an aside, on Saturday at Ayr I met up with 2 friends - one now living in Renfrew and one living in Lochwinnoch. They had another guy with them from down South (cannot remember the town) who had come up for the game. I also met an old friend and his pal who now both live in Glasgow. None of us now live in Paisley (I stay in Ayrshire myself). In fact most of the supporters I know now live outside Paisley but I have no idea how representative that is.

They already do. They have addresses on file.

56 responses

Where were you born?

• Answered: 56 
  • Skipped: 0
Total 56
Paisley
51.79%
Elsewhere in Renfrewshire
12.50%
Ayrshire
1.79%
Glasgow
30.36%
Elsewhere in Scotland
1.79%
Outside Scotand
1.79%

Where were do you live now?

• Answered: 56 
  • Skipped: 0
Total 56
Paisley
23.21%
16.07%
Ayrshire
8.93%
Glasgow
8.93%
Elsewhere in Scotland
21.43%
Outside Scotand
21.43%
Edited by smitchu2
formatting issue

6 hours ago, well st bud said:

Does outside paisley include the thorn? That would affect a lot of us born late 50,s and early 60,s me included.

If being born in Thornhill can count as Paisley, then I want to change my vote from Glasgow to Paisley. Wasn't my fault that my mother went to have New Year with my Gran in Ibrox and I happened to turn up early. Ibrox can't be much further than the Thorn from the boundary with Paisley. Come on guys! Back me up. Ibrox counts as Paisley.

If being born in Thornhill can count as Paisley, then I want to change my vote from Glasgow to Paisley. Wasn't my fault that my mother went to have New Year with my Gran in Ibrox and I happened to turn up early. Ibrox can't be much further than the Thorn from the boundary with Paisley. Come on guys! Back me up. Ibrox counts as Paisley.

It does to Chick Young.

1 hour ago, RickMcD said:

No way, would hate to hear the term The Paisley Rangers.

5 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I was born a stone's throw away from Love Street at 3pm on a Saturday - I'll not tell you which year.

Probably as well that we never adopted the old Native American habit of looking out of the tepee when a child was born and naming the child after the first thing they saw which resulted in one lad enjoying the name Two Buffalos Shagging. Your name might have been Saints Getting Stuffed. Or maybe a lot worse.

4 hours ago, RickMcD said:

Probably as well that we never adopted the old Native American habit of looking out of the tepee when a child was born and naming the child after the first thing they saw which resulted in one lad enjoying the name Two Buffalos Shagging. Your name might have been Saints Getting Stuffed. Or maybe a lot worse.

The only memorable sight which I saw from our kitchen window was my primary school at the time (North Primary) going up in flames one Sunday morning!

65 is a good number. I'll shut it off now.

Where were you born?

Total 65
Paisley
50.77%
12.31%
Ayrshire
1.54%
Glasgow
29.23%
Elsewhere in Scotland
3.08%
Outside Scotand
3.08%

Where were do you live now?

Total 65
Paisley
23.08%
15.38%
Ayrshire
9.23%
Glasgow
9.23%
Elsewhere in Scotland
20.00%
Outside Scotand
23.08%

On 2/28/2017 at 4:07 AM, stlucifer said:

They already do. They have addresses on file.

I've been out of Scotland for nearly 25 years. Down south and now in Singapore - always signed up for the clubs new idea for overseas fans and still receive nothing. 

Most recently was contacted by the Uni to do a survey regarding St Mirren TV. Besides that I think I remember an email from Norrie about 10 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

A wee heads up to anyone travelling east tomorrow night the M8 is closed eastbound after the Kingston Bridge overnight (I travel this way but detour to m74/m73 to avoid the roadworks).

Traffic Scotland doesn't give details of diversion route but previously I got caught out by road closure here and every vehicle came off motorway towards city centre and up past old police headquarters at pitt street and due to amount of cars tied in with numerous traffic lights was a good 30 minute before got back on the motorway.

6 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Why would you have said Glasgow instead of Elsewhere in Renfrewshire? Elderslie is even further from Glasgow than Paisley!!!

I happen to have heard he has been suffering badly  from the flu.

i think he really does know better.

i blame the heavy snottery.

56 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I think you've picked him up wrong. I think he was born in Glasgow, not Elderslie, but he thinks that if Elderslie can be claimed as Paisley, due to being attached to it, then he should be able to claim Glasgow as Paisley for the same reason. He's just desperate to have been born in Paisley. :)

Or maybe it's me that's picked him up wrong.

You are correct.

He does have a morally understandable wish to be regarded as Paisley-born, but his birthplace is not something so easily glossed over - Ibrox. :o

THAT cannot ever be attached to Paisly.

57 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I think you've picked him up wrong. I think he was born in Glasgow, not Elderslie, but he thinks that if Elderslie can be claimed as Paisley, due to being attached to it, then he should be able to claim Glasgow as Paisley for the same reason. He's just desperate to have been born in Paisley. :)

No, you got it right, Slarti. I've read it again and it still reads OK to me. Having been born in Ibrox is a hell of cross for a St.Mirren fan to bear.

58 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said: