Fans from outside Paisley

Spawned, tadpoled and frogged all in Glasgow but forced to carry on family tradition by father and always supported the Saints. The odd Saints fan around where I live and a few at school. Earliest memory as a froglet was Tottie Beck. Have selfishly passed on the misery to both children, why should they escape ?, lol.

Used to stand near the first pillar under the covered enclosure at the Love St end with my old man, uncles and their friends. Abiding memories are of night games and Saints attacking the Love St goal and when they won a corner, a great roar would build up from the crowd. Have never experienced any kind of atmosphere in the new ground whatsoever. Must be due to seats. time to get back to standing areas for atmosphere.....and a few wins wouldn't go amiss.

Born and raised in Shetland, moved to Orkney in 1988 and still there. 

Way back in 1977 I avoided peer pressure to support either of the sectarian sisters or the sheep and picked St.Mirren. 

Keeping the faith through tough times at the moment. Next planned trip 'south' is february so will be at the New Saints game cheering on the Buds.

16 hours ago, dumbarton_bud said:

Lived around Paisley, but never in it...

Moved about as a kid, living in East Kilbride, Austin TX, Bishopton, Erskine and Dumbarton before moving to Glasgow for a first (failed) attempt at Uni, then Dublin for a slightly more successful one. As such, I watched the League Cup win from a pub on O'Connell St while the parade went past outside.

Despite moving about while in school, I sang in the Abbey choir for 3/4 years and was driven past Love Street about 10 times a week. Attended my first game in about 2004/2005 (a friendly against Rangers which we would've won had Klos not played out of his skin) and the rest is, apparently, geography.

Moved back to Scotland in August last year and have been in Johnstone ever since.

You've stayed in a lot of seedy places, what's the matter with Paisley. :rolleyes:

Born Paisley, brought up Erskine (before it had a bridge or a toon). Then Bishopton,  1st flat in Paisley at the away end (Caledonia Road) last flat at home end Inchinnnan Road. Not that I was obsessed you understand. Then women got in the way. So Dumbarton, Bishopton again, Glasgow then Largs. Started watching the season that the Saints never lost (1967/68). Well it looked that way to me, in fact they only lost one game that season. Hooked ever since. Presently residing in Auckland, NZ.

Born in Glasgow, first few years in Scotstoun then to Bearsden. My dad would take us to various grounds other than Ibrox or Parkhead - Boghead, Firhill, Love St, Hampden!

My older brother was an 80s Aberdeen fan (now supports Thistle) & my younger brother followed him as a Dons fan. For reasons that I can't really explain (always supported the underdog, liked our strip, loved Love St????) I supported the Saints, probably from about 1979/80.

Persuaded my wife to move to Paisley when we got married (much cheaper than anywhere we looked in Glasgow!) and was within walking distance of Love St for four years. Moved to Kirkintilloch about 16 years ago and been there ever since.

My 11 year old is now reliving my youth as the only St Mirren fan that he knows - proudly wears his Saints kits in the midst of Rangers, Celtic, Chelsea, Real Madrid, etc. I mostly want us to win these days for his sake to partially assuage the guilt of having inflicted the past three years of misery on him.

Similar to the poster above whom I suspect our paths have crossed ... ( Boclair Academy? ) I was Born in Glasgow ( 1970) Parents lived in bearsden. around '76 a kid in my street asked who I supported Rankers or c@@tic - truthfully I was only young and hadn't formed an opinion so "chose to phone a friend " and ask my dad - he informed me that I followed St Mirren. In '77 I started badgering my dad to take me to the games - however and now as a grown up I know why - Saints winning each week and my dad as a young man going with his mates! However he relented and my first match was as a wide eyed 8 year my dad took me to our spiritual home Love Street. I went to the local secondary and was proudly one of only 3 Saints fans amongst a plethora of Rangers - Celtic and Thistle fans. The 80's were halcyon times and being a Saints fan was brilliant. 

In 1988 I moved to Liverpool to experience Polytechnic and all that it offered! I adopted Tranmere Rovers who I had an amazing time supporting them as they rose through the leagues and regularly got to Wembley

my love affair with the saints has never diminished through good times and bad and as we moved from the 90's tele txt era to the Internet we know today I've always managed to attend a few games a season and I'm lucky enough to have participated in a number of the early Saints Aids. 

To be fortunate enough to do my small part in the #buythebuds and invest in the future of our club for future generations is legacy enough for every Saints fan

Its always nice to head north of the border to see the darling buds and I fully appreciate that I can still call on buddies and friends from previous decades to enjoy either a pre or post match pint.

Now a days I live in Warrington and can often be found on Saturdays standing with my lad on the sidelines of Warrington Town ( currently in the 8th tier of the football pyramid )

i don't care who you are - where you come from - or where you currently reside - if you are a bonafide St Mirren - you are good enough for me!

Born in Edinburgh. Supported St Mirren to be different and because they had a player with my surname. First game a 1 0 defeat at Easter Road in 1964. Really caught the bug that day. My Dad who had no interest in football took me to Love street for the first time in March 1966 to see a 3 2 defeat to StJohnstone. Bug turned into an obsession. Watched us play in Edinburgh and Dunfermline then on my second visit to Love Street on Christmas eve 1966 saw my first victory . St Mirren3 1 Ayr Utd -Archie Gemmell hat trick.. Next season in division 2 was old enough to travel to home and away games funded by paper and milk rounds. Since then I've been to most home and away games. Been easier since 1985 when I moved to Paisley for work reasons ( or so my wife thinks ). Lived in Paisley ever since

9 hours ago, Kirkie said:

Yup. You & John Cameron (?) a couple of years ahead of me, making a grand total of 3 St Mirren fans!

Great to see you online Roddie

glad you have kept the faith and remained a buddy!

pass my regards onto your brother and I normally post in the match day thread when I'm heading north for a game so would welcome the opportunity to buy you a beer!

in only the last few months my folks have moved out of Rannoch drive and relocated to Shrewsbury which is where my sister lives - so I'm now officially "of no fixed abode" north of the border!!

Born in Thornhill (Elderslie/Johnstone), brought up in the principality of Glenburn, moved to West Germany (yes, thats what we used to call it kids) in 1980 (a year of Thatcherism was enough) for ten years, then Twenty five years in Berkshire, Leicestershire and the New Forest, before moving recently to the gem that is the Scottish Borders.

luvin it!

Born in Thornhill (Elderslie/Johnstone), brought up in the principality of Glenburn, moved to West Germany (yes, thats what we used to call it kids) in 1980 (a year of Thatcherism was enough) for ten years, then Twenty five years in Berkshire, Leicestershire and the New Forest, before moving recently to the gem that is the Scottish Borders.
luvin it!

Been a while since I've seen it called 'W Germany' , I was born in Wegberg & still to this day call it that.

How's this , born in West Germany , brought up in Scotland & living in England , perfect potential hate figure :P

40 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Been a while since I've seen it called 'W Germany' , I was born in Wegberg & still to this day call it that.

How's this , born in West Germany , brought up in Scotland & living in England , perfect potential hate figure :P

Where do you get the"potential" part of that, from? :unsure:

On 12/9/2016 at 11:32 PM, Kirkie said:

Yup. You & John Cameron (?) a couple of years ahead of me, making a grand total of 3 St Mirren fans!

Great to hear from you Roddy. As Ally said, let's grab a beer next time he's up. Maybe drag your brother along as well and he can gloat about Thistle being above us (for once!)

Brought up in Paisley, left in 1987 just after we won the cup to move to Fife. Been here ever since. Most active time would have been from 1997 to 2002 when I barely missed a game and had a season ticket. My attendance is pretty much limited to half a dozen away games now whenever we play Raith/Pars/Dundee/Dundee Utd/The Fakes/Hibs or Hearts with maybe one or two home games a season.
Main reason being working most weekends and having young kids.

Born in Paisley ,the Paradise that was Glenfield Road in Glenburn.... Moved to Inverness in 1982 and still there.

A few Buddies up here, don't see them so often now we are in the diddy League.

Edited by thomsons dropped it
Typo

On 10/12/2016 at 8:58 AM, Liverpool Bud said:

Great to see you online Roddie

glad you have kept the faith and remained a buddy!

pass my regards onto your brother and I normally post in the match day thread when I'm heading north for a game so would welcome the opportunity to buy you a beer!

in only the last few months my folks have moved out of Rannoch drive and relocated to Shrewsbury which is where my sister lives - so I'm now officially "of no fixed abode" north of the border!!

My folks are still down the road on the corner of Rannoch!

On 13/12/2016 at 8:40 PM, ScotstounSaint said:

Great to hear from you Roddy. As Ally said, let's grab a beer next time he's up. Maybe drag your brother along as well and he can gloat about Thistle being above us (for once!)

Would be good to catch up with you both, although I'm not sure about inviting any gloating Thistle fans along - too painful! I'll tell him you were both asking for him though!

Lived in Houston until I was 20. Attendance been limited the last 6 years whilst living in Dundee. Unlikely to ever move back to the west coast and going to the game every week is something I'll forever miss. Still make 3 or 4 games a season although mostly away matches around Fife it seems.

Can't imagine any future children not being St Mirren fans.