Five Great Singles From The Eighties

Bill Lees

1. M. "Pop Music".

2. Buggles - "Video Killed the Radio Star".

3. Propaganda "Duel".

4. Frankie Goes To Hollywood - "Two Tribes".

5. Kraftwerk - "The Model".

WHAT A PILLOCK!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, there must be crap songs that remind you of Presto. Lost in France and Mississippi spring to mind. Artists please and any more crap you can remember.

Bill, there must be crap songs that remind you of Presto. Lost in France and Mississippi spring to mind. Artists please and any more crap you can remember.

Aye, those feckin tunes are burnt into my synapses from playing on an endless tape loop in Presto. Also "Sorry seems to be the Hardest Word" - Elton John. Lost in France wasBonnie Tyler and Mississipi was Pussycat, I think - though of course those weren't the original artistes you got on the Presto muzak tape.

I worked in the Clydesdale Electrical Store many years ago and there was a loop track of all the James Bond theme tunes on constantly if you worked downstairs. I really f'k'n hate James Bond, what a F"D. :P

Upstairs, standard fair was Simple Minds and ABC, plus some Doobie Brothers.

Guest Becksy

Breakfast in America, the Tubeway Army Album, Replicas and Roxy Music's Manifesto remind me of my time in TOPMAN and when I hear a tune from one of these albums on the radio, I have heard the albums so many times I expect to hear the next album track. Thats OK if it's something you're into but that happening is akin to brainwashing.

The Clash & even the Pistol's SPUNK bootleg had a fair airing too.

punk music gets better the older you get. It breaks ma bawz to think of all of the crackin' records that have disappeared off the planet never to be seen again. Now any old s***e is effectively retained for all eternity whereas small releases from private labels back then have vanished forever.

Someone should create a site for rare punk records and get them uploaded I'd gladly pay for that service.

Guest Becksy
That realy p!sh band Rush did a song about Presto did they not? :huh:

Rush ain't pish and Presto was an Album. I can see HHibss and myself, :ph34r: double teaming you, matey!!!!!!!!!

Rush ain't pish and Presto was an Album. I can see HHibss and myself, :ph34r: double teaming you, matey!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: Presto was the number 5 track on the Album. Even I know that and I would rather listen to the sound of Bill Lees squeezing out a reluctant turd the size of a small african nation. :P

Guest Becksy
:rolleyes: Presto was the number 5 track on the Album. Even I know that and I would rather listen to the sound of Bill Lees squeezing out a reluctant turd the size of a small african nation. :P

It's Track 6, your web search must be badgered, old bean. :double

One of my mates once dragged me along to a Rush concert at Ingliston around 1983 ish ?

The only song I liked was "Spirit of radio".Needless to say they played that first.I spent the rest of the gig scoping fanny and didn't listen to another s***e tune.

One of my mates once dragged me along to a Rush concert at Ingliston around 1983 ish ?

The only song I liked was "Spirit of radio".Needless to say they played that first.I spent the rest of the gig scoping fanny and didn't listen to another s***e tune.

Surely Adam & the Ants were a far superior band in that era. In fact wasn't dancing to John Lennon a far wiser thing to do at point in time. Rush were cringeworthy throughout the 80's. :P

• 2 weeks later...