We Are Down

13 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Morton fan in my work told me that we are the worst saint team he had seen in 50 years and couldn't believe how bad we are :(

Was wearing my LC Winners' bunnet at TAPFS last week and one came up to me & said it was the worst Saints team he'd ever seen and wished us all the best in avoiding relegation - being patronized by Morton fans, does it get any worse? :toilet

Edited by Bud the Baker

48 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

In my living memory it is just pipping the Coughlin era and squad. We need a miracle to turns this around.

Pipping

This team has lapped a couple times round that era

Easily the worst team i have witnessed

If any player reading this and it's makes uncomfortable reading well tough

The league table isn't lying and to be entering the last week of Nov without a league win is shocking

Another first today the Pars got their first win at the Souless concrete shoebox

A new low was exactly how I described it at full time and it all started before the match kicked off. My son pointed out to me that while Dunfermline were doing a drill that they usually do where five players try to retain possession while being chased around by two players, St Mirren were struggling to retain possession with six players to pass to and only one doing the chasing. The only way to have made the St Mirren drill any easier would have been to have had them all stood round in a circle passing it to each other, and even then I doubt they'd have been able to retain possession. This was basic, basic stuff and St Mirren's squad of "full time professionals" couldn't handle it. Dreadful stuff. 

Then the game kicks off. There's the usual wee bit of promise. McAllister does well to get to the bye line and whips in a great cross which Sutton heads wide. Then it all goes to f**k. Honestly, it feels like I say this every time I watch him, but did Mallan complete a single pass? He did plenty of strutting around with his chest out pointing for other players to do his work for him, but he didn't look remotely interested from where I was sitting. An absolute shirker and to think he was allowed to stay on the park for 90 minutes whilst McGennis and Clarkston were taken off.

Both centre halves missed crucial and simple headers - cringe worthy stuff. Naismith had one of his worst performances to date, and there's been plenty of competition this season from him. Honestly if Jack Ross is struggling to find a full back to replace him he should PM me. I could get him two in time for next week - one of them is fat, bald, 46 years old, knees are f**ked, and gets out of breath walking down the stairs to the toilet but I seriously doubt I could do worse or be less effective in the right back position. Shankland! From the other end of the pitch I'd give him top marks for that dive. f**k me, with that cheat around Tom Daley would have his work cut out to hold on to his medal. How Gary Irvine and John Sutton must be relived they've already made a living from football cause they must surely realise that after this season their careers are over. 

And then to compound everything else there's a Dunfermline squad, manager and coaching staff so shite that they've watched this piss poor St Mirren side and they've decided that instead of going for it and racking up a decent cricket score, they've opted instead to time waste in the most appalling, obvious way possible. Why the f**k bother. The poor folk who'd come along to watch were sitting freezing - St Mirren could have played for hours and still not threatened. Why the f**k prolong it?

I worked a 60 hour week this week, 5 x 12 hour night shifts, the last of which ended this morning at 6am. It's been a tough week since all the major retailers are preparing for Christmas and they want all their HVAC plant and lighting working properly. On one of my two days off, before I start another 60 hour week, I chose to keep my son company at the football paying what is reportedly the top price in the Scottish Championship for my ticket. And as a reward I get to watch that heartless, gutless, talentless, turgid pish. It might be a while before I bother going back! 

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Pipping

This team has lapped a couple times round that era

Easily the worst team i have witnessed

If any player reading this and it's makes uncomfortable reading well tough

The league table isn't lying and to be entering the last week of Nov without a league win is shocking

Another first today the Pars got their first win at the Souless concrete shoebox

Indeed . .

I think the manager is puting in the effort but his players are not . They can barely string a couple of passes together and look nervous for the duration . No composure . .

I wonder how a group of players can get to this level and be so poor . There is no such thing as failure , only lack of push. .

3 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

A new low was exactly how I described it at full time and it all started before the match kicked off. My son pointed out to me that while Dunfermline were doing a drill that they usually do where five players try to retain possession while being chased around by two players, St Mirren were struggling to retain possession with six players to pass to and only one doing the chasing. The only way to have made the St Mirren drill any easier would have been to have had them all stood round in a circle passing it to each other, and even then I doubt they'd have been able to retain possession. This was basic, basic stuff and St Mirren's squad of "full time professionals" couldn't handle it. Dreadful stuff. 

Then the game kicks off. There's the usual wee bit of promise. McAllister does well to get to the bye line and whips in a great cross which Sutton heads wide. Then it all goes to f**k. Honestly, it feels like I say this every time I watch him, but did Mallan complete a single pass? He did plenty of strutting around with his chest out pointing for other players to do his work for him, but he didn't look remotely interested from where I was sitting. An absolute shirker and to think he was allowed to stay on the park for 90 minutes whilst McGennis and Clarkston were taken off.

Both centre halves missed crucial and simple headers - cringe worthy stuff. Naismith had one of his worst performances to date, and there's been plenty of competition this season from him. Honestly if Jack Ross is struggling to find a full back to replace him he should PM me. I could get him two in time for next week - one of them is fat, bald, 46 years old, knees are f**ked, and gets out of breath walking down the stairs to the toilet but I seriously doubt I could do worse or be less effective in the right back position. Shankland! From the other end of the pitch I'd give him top marks for that dive. f**k me, with that cheat around Tom Daley would have his work cut out to hold on to his medal. How Gary Irvine and John Sutton must be relived they've already made a living from football cause they must surely realise that after this season their careers are over. 

And then to compound everything else there's a Dunfermline squad, manager and coaching staff so shite that they've watched this piss poor St Mirren side and they've decided that instead of going for it and racking up a decent cricket score, they've opted instead to time waste in the most appalling, obvious way possible. Why the f**k bother. The poor folk who'd come along to watch were sitting freezing - St Mirren could have played for hours and still not threatened. Why the f**k prolong it?

I worked a 60 hour week this week, 5 x 12 hour night shifts, the last of which ended this morning at 6am. It's been a tough week since all the major retailers are preparing for Christmas and they want all their HVAC plant and lighting working properly. On one of my two days off, before I start another 60 hour week, I chose to keep my son company at the football paying what is reportedly the top price in the Scottish Championship for my ticket. And as a reward I get to watch that heartless, gutless, talentless, turgid pish. It might be a while before I bother going back! 

As much as I disagree with you on several other points, I think you're bang on the money here. 

The reaction at full time said everything to me. No booing, no-one losing their collective minds over another turgid performance yielding an away win. Just a sad, meek acceptance that this is going to be our fate this season. That after almost 140 years of existence, part time in the seaside leagues is our future.

2 hours ago, scottd said:

Don't think we will be going part time.  If Airdrie and Livingston can be 'full time' then I'd imagine we could be too, might be wrong but just my feeling.

Whatever happens Scott , the club will have to downsize considerably. Plenty people who work at the club just now , won't next season, if we go down. GLS alluded to re-surfacing the Astro at Ralston as a must , with projected much lower attendances/income then that probably won't happen. Part -time or not , relegation will be an absolute disaster , and one we may never recover from. It could only happen to us , prospective fan ownership and oblivion going hand in hand !

38 minutes ago, billyg said:

Whatever happens Scott , the club will have to downsize considerably. Plenty people who work at the club just now , won't next season, if we go down. GLS alluded to re-surfacing the Astro at Ralston as a must , with projected much lower attendances/income then that probably won't happen. Part -time or not , relegation will be an absolute disaster , and one we may never recover from. It could only happen to us , prospective fan ownership and oblivion going hand in hand !

It's very grim Billy I'm with  you in that if we go down it will be for a long time. Gate money will tumble . Remember Chick Young said on radio Scotland saying it would be a disaster when Gordon took over. I did not agree but bloody he'll.  This team is just not good enough. 

The ones who are culpable are the so called experienced pros, Sutton is the only one who gets pass marks, the rest have shown no leadership. Really feel sorry for the kids who are playing in that team.

They are all culpable except Magennis & McAllister who have just come into the team. No hiding place for Sutton who missed a complete sitter last night or any other disgrace that has played for us this season.

GLS has to take a massive part of the responsibility also if only for appointing Jack Ross. He appointed a manager who he feels we will benefit from long term with a long term plan. Problems is we needed a manager who a short term 1-2 years fix to steady a ship that has been sinking since 2013. Jack I am sure will be a good manager in time but we are a club that doesn't have time and what did they look at when appointing him? A manager who has avoided relegation well his record last season is pretty much going along side how he is fairing now but we are not Alloa. IMO we should have appointed a manager experienced of fighting relegation (Calderwood) for next few years allowing us to compete but at least stabilise the club from a playing point and then hand it over to a younger man such as Jack Ross.

When and I say 'when' we get relegated people will lose their jobs and part time will be a massive possibility. What I will also envisage is that and even though I certainly don't agree with it some people will cancel their subscription I have no doubt that and it's their money and should have the right to do so as the fans seem to be the only one's who exempt from any blame and have been the only flicker of positivity out of our shambles of a season.

When we get relegated it will be nothing short of a disaster and the board need to be making plans for it now so we transition into the third tier of Scottish football for the 1st time as painless as possible.

As a Club we still have a fair bit to fall to get to the worst position I've ever seen us in.

Season 73/74 in the old two Division Scottish League and we finished 11th in the bottom tier of Scottish Football at that time.

Effectively the 29th best Club in Scotland out of the 37 Clubs there was at that time .. So as bad as it seems now, we still have a fair bit to fall to reach one of the low points in our history.

However, on the upside it was only a couple of Seasons later that all that dramatically changed ...

As a Club we still have a fair bit to fall to get to the worst position I've ever seen us in.

Season 73/74 in the old two Division Scottish League and we finished 11th in the bottom tier of Scottish Football at that time.

Effectively the 29th best Club in Scotland out of the 37 Clubs there was at that time .. So as bad as it seems now, we still have a fair bit to fall to reach one of the low points in our history.

However, on the upside it was only a couple of Seasons later that all that dramatically changed ...

Aye, easy for a 'sexy baldy guy' to say , clearly you have your looks going for you :P

The team don't have much going for them just now & the crowd 2,126 will drop below 2,000 if this keeps up.

( Yes live on TV & Saturday I know )

53 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

They are all culpable except Magennis & McAllister who have just come into the team. No hiding place for Sutton who missed a complete sitter last night or any other disgrace that has played for us this season.

GLS has to take a massive part of the responsibility also if only for appointing Jack Ross. He appointed a manager who he feels we will benefit from long term with a long term plan. Problems is we needed a manager who a short term 1-2 years fix to steady a ship that has been sinking since 2013. Jack I am sure will be a good manager in time but we are a club that doesn't have time and what did they look at when appointing him? A manager who has avoided relegation well his record last season is pretty much going along side how he is fairing now but we are not Alloa. IMO we should have appointed a manager experienced of fighting relegation (Calderwood) for next few years allowing us to compete but at least stabilise the club from a playing point and then hand it over to a younger man such as Jack Ross.

When and I say 'when' we get relegated people will lose their jobs and part time will be a massive possibility. What I will also envisage is that and even though I certainly don't agree with it some people will cancel their subscription I have no doubt that and it's their money and should have the right to do so as the fans seem to be the only one's who exempt from any blame and have been the only flicker of positivity out of our shambles of a season.

When we get relegated it will be nothing short of a disaster and the board need to be making plans for it now so we transition into the third tier of Scottish football for the 1st time as painless as possible.

Calderwood was my choice also . Even if Ross is allowed to spend in January , we will have a huge mountain to climb if , we continue to lose until then . .

There is still hope for us but it is dwindling rapidly . .

It's very grim Billy I'm with  you in that if we go down it will be for a long time. Gate money will tumble . Remember Chick Young said on radio Scotland saying it would be a disaster when Gordon took over. I did not agree but bloody he'll.  This team is just not good enough. 

IMO Chick was correct.

Calderwood was my choice also . Even if Ross is allowed to spend in January , we will have a huge mountain to climb if , we continue to lose until then . .

There is still hope for us but it is dwindling rapidly . .

Looking at our next fixtures in the league and the fact we got beat from our two nearest rivals recently I can't see where we will win a game. Next two league fixture are away to Falkirk & QOS.

Falkirk have turned the corner with regards to results and QOS will have a new manager appointed by that time and will get a new manager bounce like most teams. Something which skipped us unfortunately.

I would imagine we will be marooned at the bottom of the league even further than we are now by the time Jan comes therefore it would be crazy to throw money at it which we wouldn't do anyway. Only way we could generate funds would be to send the 3 loanees back to their parent clubs and beg Dundee to come back in with there original bid for Stevie Mallan

12 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Was wearing my LC Winners' bunnet at TAPFS last week and one came up to me & said it was the worst Saints team he'd ever seen and wished us all the best in avoiding relegation - being patronized by Morton fans, does it get any worse? :toilet

should have kicked him in balls,that's how you deal with those black smelly f#@s,even if the are correct,the great un-washed should be seen but never heard

Unthinkable beforehand that we could lose those 2 home games to Dumbarton and Dunfermline.....

Spare me the melodrama though of the club dying, etc. Rangers, Partick, Hibs, Hearts, Dunfermline, Morton and Hamilton have all dropped well below their expected norm in recent times. If we do too then we suck it up and work our way back.

1 hour ago, sexybaldyguy said:

We've spoke about that before. Only three players who played in the final league game that season played in the first game of 74/75. Even then we were in 8th spot when Fergie came in a few months later. Difference back then was there was no transfer window. Fergie signed 4 or 5 players within a fortnight of becoming our boss (Munro , McDowell , Ferguson , Provan , Campbell etc) and we managed to scrape 6th place to be in the First division after reconstruction , and the rest is history. Sadly , can't really see any of our current players , Mallon apart , having any chance of playing successfully at the top level for us.