Keep The Faith

munoz

Agreed. Times are grim, but we can't throw in the towel. The only way we will come through this is by getting behind the club. Bitching and whining won't achieve anything (albeit it is entirely understandable in the circumstances).

Times are tough if you are a Saints Fan, Player, Coach, Manager, Director or Staff Member.

No one can doubt that. Time alone will tell if this is the bottom of our cycle.

Whatever, I am along for the ride.

I have had some great times watching this club over the last 42 years.

And some very low points.

But - I am committed to the club and will remain so.

Leaving would be the easy option - but who said it was going to be easy to follow the Saints?

Can't believe some so called fans are talking about cancelling direct debits.That's really going to help.

I'll put it down to the disappointment of where we are at the moment and I'm sure they'll be embarrassed when they re-read their comments in the morning.

12 minutes ago, elvis said:

Sorry but I lost faith long ago we are going down to a level we deserve there is no chance in hell this lot will stay up despite 23 games to go .

There's now a strong possibility we will go down . If we do , I will still be going home and away . 

I see my team as a lifetime commitment  ( you get less for murder ) .

2 hours ago, munoz said:

As hard as things are right now , they will get better . 

Everyone connected with the club just needs to try and hang in there .

Hopefully it is players you are talking about since the supporters have been hanging in for years now with no return :(

If we go down the crowds will tumble which is a big worry you end up in a hole that will take years to climb out of. Your under 20s will become the first team with the odd pro. The club would also need to look at part time football if it is run in a penny in a penny out. Never thought I would see the day we would drop down below championship level. This is not negative it's truthful.  

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If we go down the crowds will tumble which is a big worry you end up in a hole that will take years to climb out of. Your under 20s will become the first team with the odd pro. The club would also need to look at part time football if it is run in a penny in a penny out. Never thought I would see the day we would drop down below championship level. This is not negative it's truthful.  

All the more reason to get behind the team and turn out in numbers then . 

We're not down yet .

11 hours ago, BobbyLavatory said:

We're realistically staring at third tier football for the first time in our history. I'm not sure "keep the faith" is going to cut it at this stage.

What is the alternative, though?

Do we simply chuck it?

It's easy to turn up for cup semi finals and finals , but when the shit hits the fan (almost literally ) , that's when the support is needed most . I really can't understand anyone who'd stay away cause "we're crap , we're going down " etc . 

Each to their own I suppose .

• 3 weeks later...

Who would have thought that so much delight and relief could be derived from a last gasp victory against Queen of the South on a dreich Tuesday night in December - I wasn't there, it has to be said, and don't have any issue whatsoever with those who were milking every ounce of smugness from that?

Magic, isn't it! :)

Sorry, unless Saints are on a cup run or pushing for promotion you’re not allowed to use that phrase. It’s only when things are good not when they’re bad. When things are bad and you use the phrase “Keep the Faith” and attempt to foster an atmosphere of encouragement and support you are, quite rightly, ridiculed and referred to as a “happy clapper”. When things ARE bad the correct phrase to use is one of the following:- 

“(Insert name of manager here) must go!”

“(Insert name of manager here) is tactically naïve!”

“Get tae f*** (insert name of manager here), ya clueless arsehole”

“Sack the board!”

“F*** off happy clappers!”

“I’m not a pessimist, I’m a realist and the reality is Saint Murn are shite an’ you can ram yer KTF pish up yer hole!” 

I hope this helps for future reference... 

7 minutes ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

Sorry, unless Saints are on a cup run or pushing for promotion you’re not allowed to use that phrase. It’s only when things are good not when they’re bad. When things are bad and you use the phrase “Keep the Faith” and attempt to foster an atmosphere of encouragement and support you are, quite rightly, ridiculed and referred to as a “happy clapper”. When things ARE bad the correct phrase to use is one of the following:- 

“Sack the board!”

“I’m not a pessimist, I’m a realist and the reality is Saint Murn are shite an’ you can ram yer KTF pish up yer hole!” 

FFS. KTF. GTF!

:P

14 minutes ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

“Sack the board!”

You missed out - "we should never have sacked ( insert ex manager here ) " .