Falkirk V Saint Mirren

St.Ricky

Goodwin seemed to be tryng his best to get sent off  (and succeeding) at various stages of his St Mirren career. But we loved him so it didn't matter.

Not defending Baird at all of course.

It is a truly awful time for us. But I dont think relegation is a certainty. We can still catch Dumbarton to get second bottom place then take our chance in the play off.

The issue is we are losing ground every single week now. Dunfermline and Dumbarton are both picking up points, both won in Paisley and both have experienced managers. We lose every week and have a rookie in the dugout.

There's still a long way to go of course but it's looking like a lost cause. It would be the greatest of great escapes if we were to get out of this.

I would bite the proverbial hand off for 9th now and a shot in the playoffs.

I have little faith in us getting near the playoff place. I expect the most movement we'll see in January is Ross narrowing the pitch, "to make us harder to beat", despite us needing the major investment that the first team has been starved of over recent years, in favour of 'promoting our own'.

There isn't enough, technical ability, tactical guile, or even work-rate amongst our current team to get us to suddenly start picking up points.

When Goodwin saw red for violent conduct he deservedly got pelters, so young Jack deserves all he gets. He's the main reason we lost today. Hopefully he'll learn from this and go on to develop into a good player, but I won't hold my breath.
Didn't expect to get any thing today, but we were in a great position before Baird's loss of composure/brain function.
A few of us have been talking about the run of winning games that's going to come, as we've not been far away from wins the last few weeks, but time is starting to run out. Jack Ross has got his work cut out motivating this group, as the defeats continue to add up. We need a league win quick.

7 minutes ago, norman said:

Why would we want Goodwin back? Why would Goodwin even come back?

Do you think because Goodwin was a liability who kept getting himself sent off means it's OK for Baird to do what he did today?

Of course it's not good what Baird done. However he isn't the first to do this and he won't be the last.

Let's put it in perspective, Luis Suarez bites people on the pitch and Eric Cantona karate kicked someone in the crowd. 

It would be good to hear from someone who was at the game.  Were we comfortably in front before Baird's red card?  Given our performances this season, and taking the respective managers' experience into account, would we have definitely taken 3 points with 11 men?

Just asking. 

We were never going to definitely win but we were looking like the side most likely to score a second goal.

59 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Leave Jack Baird alone he's a young boy with a lot of passion.

People like Hutton and Langfield have made worse mistakes. 

Our past legends Abercrombie and Goodwin got lots more red cards.

But they were decent players and 'winners', so could be forgiven. As opposed to a 4th rate central defender.

The SFA must crack down on cheating fecking morons like Miller and Hippolyte who also deserved a punch today.

Love to hear Jack's side of the story.

Maybe stupid to take Miller;s bait.

But give him a break.

At least he is fit and gives 100% unlike Fatty on the bench.