Falkirk V Saint Mirren

St.Ricky

2 hours ago, gc_SMFC said:

Shug and Thomson were far better and more effective central midfielders than Goodwin ever was. It sums up our fans thinking when players like Mehmet and him are considered above average. A cup win doesn't make a good player.

It makes him a St. Mirren legend, to me and 100s of others. 

As for Thomson being a better player and/or more effective...... let's just say I fundamentally disagree with that, even though I thought Thomson was not bad.

28 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

Jim Goodwin was apparently good at one thing defending. Why would such a manager allow such a player to go play for a rival? He wasn't good.

Andy Millen was far more effective a player in a similar mold that what Goodwin ever was.

Paddy Gregg made the Europa league with St. Johnstone as a first team player did he not?

Being captain means nothing, it's a token role. If it means anything he was also captain during the season we got relegated, before he was stripped of it for being a complete liability....

Cup win, relegation, stripped of captaincy, sacked from coaching role... Jim Goodwin the most overrated player St. Mirren has ever had.

The captain during our relegation from the SPL season was in fact none other than Steven Thompson. Tommy Craig gave him the role to cheer him up after he was overlooked for co-assistant manager coach role given to Gary Teale and Jim Goodwin:-)

3 hours ago, gc_SMFC said:

Jim Goodwin was apparently good at one thing defending. Why would such a manager allow such a player to go play for a rival? He wasn't good.

Andy Millen was far more effective a player in a similar mold that what Goodwin ever was.

Paddy Gregg made the Europa league with St. Johnstone as a first team player did he not?

Being captain means nothing, it's a token role. If it means anything he was also captain during the season we got relegated, before he was stripped of it for being a complete liability....

Cup win, relegation, stripped of captaincy, sacked from coaching role... Jim Goodwin the most overrated player St. Mirren has ever had.

Hamilton never let him go, Goodwin only had a 6 month contract - a fact you seemed to realize in your previous post.

Andy Millen - irrelevant, he'd been retired for nearly 3 years by the time we signed Goodwin.

Goodwin played in the English Championship Cregg didn't - over their careers I don't see any significant difference in the levels they played at. Swings and Roundabouts.

Apparently he wasn't captain the season we got relegated. :lol: Thanks DoP!

We got 312 good years out of Goodwin. I'm genuinely puzzled as to why you hold such a grudge against him

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Just because Suarez never got punched doesn't mean it's not understandable why Baird reacted the way he did - assuming he has been bitten.

It's a very natural reaction to something as feral as that. If this is the case they both should have been sent off, and we have been done by the officials not seeing the bite.

Our pup bit me twice today, both my sons bit me when they were wee boys. Pleased to say I never punched any of them :P

I get what you're saying bud but professional football players need to rise above that sort of behaviour or they become a target to wind up.

I just hope it was caught by the camera, it won't get us back the 3 points but it would be nice to see Miller get hammered for it.

1 minute ago, John Gotti said:

Our pup bit me twice today, both my sons bit me when they were wee boys. Pleased to say I never punched any of them :P

I get what you're saying bud but professional football players need to rise above that sort of behaviour or they become a target to wind up.

I just hope it was caught by the camera, it won't get us back the 3 points but it would be nice to see Miller get hammered for it.

If indeed it actually happened?

2 hours ago, gc_SMFC said:

Ffs 

For my first post ever on here, I'm not gonna read through the pages of pish written about the squad or individuals. Today I watched us lose and clapped us off the park. We did not deserve that. With a centre 3 instead of 2 in midfield, our pace and skill out wide, we're good. I turned round, complaining about the freekick being given against Jack. 2 seconds later my dad went "Wow Jack". He watched him punch the boy on the ground. That was at least the second foul given for their forward bending over and our centre half going over the top of him. Something must of happened for Jack to react. It's not excusable, but I want to see it. Cannot fault a single player for effort. Get Shankland, Walsh and Hardie out of there. A new beast in midfield, it's hard to find a Goody. But Mallan and Magennis in front of a Goody type would be brilliant. We'll finish above Dumbarton, Ayr and Dunfermline.

Edited by spg

4 hours ago, spg said:

For my first post ever on here, I'm not gonna read through the pages of pish written about the squad or individuals. Today I watched us lose and clapped us off the park. We did not deserve that. With a centre 3 instead of 2 in midfield, our pace and skill out wide, we're good. I turned round, complaining about the freekick being given against Jack. 2 seconds later my dad went "Wow Jack". He watched him punch the boy on the ground. That was at least the second foul given for their forward bending over and our centre half going over the top of him. Something must of happened for Jack to react. It's not excusable, but I want to see it. Cannot fault a single player for effort. Get Shankland, Walsh and Hardie out of there. A new beast in midfield, it's hard to find a Goody. But Mallan and Magennis in front of a Goody type would be brilliant. We'll finish above Dumbarton, Ayr and Dunfermline.

Pish, like the rest of the pages you didnae read through.

Welcome :byebye

9 hours ago, shull said:

No surprise from a cnut of a human being.

User Actions
 Following
ab_AOCdD_bigger.jpgBlack & White Army@bawarmy

Hearing Lee Miller actually BIT Jack Baird today, provoking the reaction from the Saints player. Top notch behaviour from a senior pro!

Could be the moment of bite in Hambud's post above.

I've waited til today before commenting, didn't want to criticise the young lad too much for what he did. 

Far more experienced players than Jack have let their team down in a similar fashion (violent conduct) and went on to learn from it. 

He shouldn't have hit out but after hearing his claims of getting bit and seeing the images it does look like he's telling the truth here. 

He's young, he's inexperienced and will learn from this. 

It's easy for us or even some of his fellow pros to say he shouldn't have hit him after this but who knows how any of us would have reacted to a bite like that. 

He may not be the best centre half in the word but he's our centre half and like it or not we will probably need his services before the season's out. 

I'm sure he regrets his actions, time to get behind the lad. 

Edited by davidg

Miller has always been a cheating twat and if he bit Jack then both teams should've been down to 10 and it would be level amount players on the pitch with us leading. Makes yesterday even more frustrating, especially with that cheating rodent scoring.
If Jack had been wise he would've have immediately gone to the ref and complained to him, showing where he'd been bitten. Easy to say that when it's not you that's been allegedly bitten though, but this happened in both Suarez biting incidents, as well as the Cifti one in the Dundee derby. Cifti didn't get done until after the game, including the SFA getting a dental expert in to inspect McAlister's wound.
The pictures don't show a clear bite, so hopefully another camera caught it, if it happened. I've got a feeling even if Milker is guilty, he'll get away with it. It won't change Jack's violent conduct ban/red or get us our lost 3 points back unfortunately.

1 hour ago, shull said:

baird.jpg

Those images show it could have been anything from biting, to kissing, to no contact whatsoever. If thete was a bite i would expect the club to come out, issue a statement supporting Baird and call on the compliance officer, and Falkirk to investigate and discipline Miller if guilty.

baird will still be banned, but if it happened so should Miller.

Falkirk will never discipline Miller, even if guilty. 

They are the Club who got fined for fielding an ineligible player against us. 

They were made to replay the Match against us and guess what? 

Aye, the Cnuts charged us to get admission again meaning we paid their fecking fine. 

Club Vermin FC

Well it's obvious something happened to make Jack Baird react. It's not as if the young lad has a track record of this behaviour. 

I was saddened by the reaction of some fans on here wanting Jack severely dealt with before understanding the facts. We need to get right behind our young lads.