Accounts to May 31 2016

div

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The Smisa membership can vote to spend the society funds on whatever they choose in the "community". There was a general assumption that this would mainly go towards projects at the club, but in reality it is a democratic organisation, and its members decide how to allocate, reserve or invest its funds.

that is the strength of its independence, being a check, balance and infuence on the club's board and their actions. Now is probably a good time for members to appraise themselves of its constitution. This is the Link  http://www.smisa.net/images/docs/2016Constitution.pdf on the website on the 'Who we are' page.

Wrong again , in the sign up page it just says the money goes where member choose,  it does not say community or club , get it right, try and sign up again and you will see!

By my reckoning we paid the old Board (+Ken McGeoch) £980,000 for 111,926 shares - £8.75 each!

£8.75 a share!

Any goodwill I had towards these guys has been used up and is way into the red.

Are we proposing to pay GLS the same amount after the current tranche has been paid up? If so that'll be another £130,000 to come out of the pockets of the average fan.

As I said way back when we should've paid £5 a share for those owned prior to 2008 (see scoop1987 for details) - that would have been around £600k.

With the club suffering from off&onfield  crises you have to wonder about the sustainability of the current buyout and how long it'll be before we return to the top flight. :spud5

Edited by Bud the Baker

On 27/11/2016 at 7:42 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Many can't see that Kendo and the dizzy heights they took us too. Unfortunately it's all doom and gloom just now. The end of the world. 

They left the club a shambles on the park and a mess off of it. Most of the harm on the club self inflicted on the club by that Board.

They got their money back, walked away and now it's the fans left to potentially have to bail out the club financially.

What should we be eternally grateful to them for exactly?

2 minutes ago, NeilPar72 said:

They left the club a shambles on the park and a mess off of it. Most of the harm on the club self inflicted on the club by that Board.

They got their money back, walked away and now it's the fans left to potentially have to bail out the club financially.

What should we be eternally grateful to them for exactly?

Sanitation. Aquaducts. Education. Roads.

1 minute ago, MenstrieSaint said:

How long is the lease for Ralston for ? Though building residential housing on the land is not an option now , could we not apply for special planning permission , and make sufficient money out of the deal to develop a training option in some of the waste area close to the ground.

The clue is in the fact that it's a lease. St Mirren do not own the land. 

10 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The clue is in the fact that it's a lease. St Mirren do not own the land. 

I watch " Homes Under The Hammer " and quite often a property which is situated on land that is leased has a value , I,m hazarding a guess that value is based on the length of the lease , the size of the plot , and the quality of the residential area in which the plot is located , hence my question

1 minute ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I watch " Homes Under The Hammer " and quite often a property which is situated on land that is leased has a value , I,m hazarding a guess that value is based on the length of the lease , the size of the plot , and the quality of the residential area in which the plot is located , hence my question

In Homes Under the Hammer you will find that those homes are usually based in England where they have a system called "Leasehold". In Scotland property is bought Freehold. 

This may help you

http://maxwellalves.com/archives/2600

On 11/28/2016 at 9:36 AM, div said:

Don't think £8K is going to make much difference in a transfer kitty, and I think the works at Ralston and with the USH are both in the realm of tens of thousands each.

The USH issue isn't one that needs fixed right now, it should be way down the bottom of the list as far as I am concerned.

I'm sure the club will come forward with areas they need help with the most.

And what happens if we have a cold winter? We have a big enough gap at the moment between ourselves and our nearest rivals. Let's say 3 home games are postponed over the winter due to the pitch freezing and the USH not working and our main rivals put some points on the board while we are not playing. We go into February 11 points behind 9th place and also start needing to play extra midweek games towards the end of the season when players are already tired hoping to make up the lost ground! Of course if we have a brilliant January transfer window it could pay dividends to not play home games in the league between now and the end of January and play the postponed matches with our all new 2018 Championship Title Winning Squad made in Jack Ross's image!

Absolute total shambles of a Club no matter who is in charge. 

Still waiting for last year's Account to be sent out, never mind the latest ones. 

Post would be preferable but email would do. 

Is the date of Meeting a secret? 

Have we got to find out everything on an Unofficial Forum, where the Owner is so f**king childish that he ignores fellow Buddies. 

f**king joke Club. 

Thankfully I still get a buzz when a Saints player hits the back of the net.

Not often enough, unfortunately. 

A St Mirren Shareholder would never know about any Accounts or date of any AGM unless they stumbled onto this part of this Unofficial Forum. 

Accounts should really be sent out to all. Absolute no need for the glossy expensive ones they used to send years ago. 

Cheap as possible would suffice.