St Mirren FC. Never Ending Incompetence

shull

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Why if the USH has been broken for a while was it not brought to our attention when members were deciding what to do with the cash surplus (likewise the issues at Ralston). I'm not saying that members would have chosen to use the cash for these issues over the disabled viewing but given we are stakeholders we should be made aware of these issues. Who knows, amongst our support we may have people with skills that could help fix such issues but that is impossible if we are kept in the dark. Smacks of burying bad (financial) news in the midst of nothing but an ocean of bad news on and off the park. I'm just back from a week's holiday and every person I spoke to about football went generally "ah that's the team that haven't won a league game this season". Never have I met so many people who knew of our club (for all the wrong reasons). Seems to me the death vortex is speeding up and we are nowhere near the bottom of the spiral yet. Utterly depressing, never been so low in a Saints following sense in my 40+ years.

Chill, please.

And how do you Bury something in an ocean? What size shovel do you use?

I would of thought the USH would be on a maintenance contract , say 4 VPA ? Same as fire alarm panels ( though they can be tested as often as a site likes internally ) where the company has to issue compliance certificates and records of service ?

The club would have contracts for Fire Alarms , Pest control , Security systems etc where they will all be on a set amount of visits per annum.

A large heating system which can directly affect business requires monitoring , testing etc which should highlight faults on , pipes , generator , pumps etc surely ? But if not , I'd get it tested twice per annum once pre-season , once mid -season say November ?

51 minutes ago, Kendo said:

The bottom line is it doesn't matter who's to blame, shifting the blame around doesn't help anyone.

Our new owners don't have their problems to seek, they need the backing of the fans to help get through to the other side. Sitting on the sidelines bitching about it won't help anyone.

But surely folk are entitled to voice their concerns ? 

48 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ok here is a novel answer. That people at my club start doing their jobs

I agree , even if it was mentioned in The accounts it should have been repaired . Who's job is it to get this done ? Jack Ross ? Fowler ? The lady who serves the tea in board room ? No this surely is a Board problem and GS has to explain this mess to us . He knows full well that he will require a lot of money soon and he's just not coming forward and being honest . Fowler was getting pelters for putting adds up for players !!! THE GUY IS SHOWING SOME INITIATIVE AND TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS JOB REMIT WHICH INVOLVES SINGNING PLAYERS . Why is he getting stick and GS walks away again free of any criticism ?

3 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

I agree , even if it was mentioned in The accounts it should have been repaired . Who's job is it to get this done ? Jack Ross ? Fowler ? The lady who serves the tea in board room ? No this surely is a Board problem and GS has to explain this mess to us . He knows full well that he will require a lot of money soon and he's just not coming forward and being honest . Fowler was getting pelters for putting adds up for players !!! THE GUY IS SHOWING SOME INITIATIVE AND TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS JOB REMIT WHICH INVOLVES SINGNING PLAYERS . Why is he getting stick and GS walks away again free of any criticism ?

I think GS  and the BOD are getting stick on this thread are they not ? 

Not sure what this has got to do with the fowler issue ? 

3 hours ago, shull said:

How long has the Undersoil Heating been broken? 

Hopefully, it wasn't just tested this week for the first time in months. 

If not working for a while, why has it not been fixed? 

Going to lose stacks of money if Matches are postponed, starting with tomorrow's. 

Should have been an absolute priority to have it maintained and working properly. 

Jesus Wept. 

Whit are you bumping your gums about?

You can still park ootside new love street between 3 and 5pm and coont the airyplanes.

I think we've dodged a bullet, with the absolute honking pish we are playing

we might have been on for a beating by the spunky spartans. 

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Yet more revenue lost by the club due to this.

It would have been a poor crowd on Saturday, but the crowd on a Tuesday night is going to be far worse.

So how much would it have cost to fix the heating and run the heating during this cold snap?

It has probably saved money not putting the heating on.

37 minutes ago, STGBuddy said:

I think GS  and the BOD are getting stick on this thread are they not ? 

Not sure what this has got to do with the fowler issue ? 

Because someone was giving Fowler pelters for placing an add for players out of contract on line . My point is that the guy is at least taking responsibility for his job and using his initiative . If GS had done the same then the match may have been on tomorrow.

Yet more revenue lost by the club due to this.

It would have been a poor crowd on Saturday, but the crowd on a Tuesday night is going to be far worse.

Maybe it's a ploy by the BOD?

Those pesky part timers will be knackered after a hard day's graft, then have to travel through to Paisley on a cold winter night.

Hmmmmmmmm [emoji848]

47 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Because someone was giving Fowler pelters for placing an add for players out of contract on line . My point is that the guy is at least taking responsibility for his job and using his initiative . If GS had done the same then the match may have been on tomorrow.

I started the thread about that and I stand by my opinion .. I also think the BOD should get it in the neck for this .. I just don't think the two things are related that's all 

2 minutes ago, rea said:

And by that question i dont mean was it broken at that point...but were the repair and maintenance issues or things such as USH and stadium air handling and lift etc reported upon

FFS We're more fcuked than I thought if the stadium air isn't being handled properly.

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

FFS We're more fcuked than I thought if the stadium air isn't being handled properly.

Don't joke. It's hugely serious. If the Air Handling Units are f**ked that could cost even more money from supply and extract fans, replacement filters, the boiler or gas heaters, pumps etc, it could run into tens of thousands and that is more essential than the USH. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Don't joke. It's hugely serious. If the Air Handling Units are f**ked that could cost even more money from supply and extract fans, replacement filters, the boiler or gas heaters, pumps etc, it could run into tens of thousands and that is more essential than the USH. 

There is nothing wrong with AH units or lift...question was as to if Due Diligence was a full report that SMISA paid for or if it was just pure financial analysis based on accounts etc.

The DD report we did was about 40 pages worth of questions etc for what it is worth

13 minutes ago, rea said:

There is nothing wrong with AH units or lift...question was as to if Due Diligence was a full report that SMISA paid for or if it was just pure financial analysis based on accounts etc.

The DD report we did was about 40 pages worth of questions etc for what it is worth

I obviously have no idea what was or wasn`t covered under the due diligence process (in common with 99.9% of the contributors on here.)

Were the new regime aware of it ? Did the old regime know & not let on ? Did the groundsman know & forgot to say until he went to switch it on ??

We may never find out the full story but one thing is for sure, our club has been dying on its arse for years and this episode is merely the latest installment.

Things can only get better.... wait , forget i said that !!

ETA , REA , i didnt mean to quote your post , just meant to add a reply ...... but that was Smisas fault also . :rolleyes:

Edited by Callum Gilhooley